Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Looking back on history, I feel we destabilized the Middle East by attacking Iraq over a lie. Iraq war was really over the petrol dollar. This system places an unfair disvantage on developing countries. Like the BRICS nations and many more will eventually join and try to trade in their own currencies.

Last edited:

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,435,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looking back on history, I feel we destabilized the Middle East by attacking Iraq over a lie. Iraq war was really over the petrol dollar. This system places an unfair disvantage on developing countries. Like the BRICS nations and many more will eventually join and try to trade in their own currencies.

Invading Iraq was the biggest US foreign policy mistake since Viet Nam. I'm not sure what your post has to do with the thread title. If this is intended as a theological thread, you may want to move it to an appropriate forum.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟32,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Invading Iraq was the biggest US foreign policy mistake since Viet Nam. I'm not sure what your post has to do with the thread title. If this is intended as a theological thread, you may want to move it to an appropriate forum.
Did you read the article?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟32,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I skimmed over it just now. It doesn't address the thread title.
The destabilization that led to the creation of the BRICS nations. All counties want to get away from the dollar and if you haven't noticed we are screwing with two and possibly 3 nuclear powers.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,990.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
More 'end times' rhetoric. News and Current Events section does not seem the appropriate place for this.

The title of the thread does not match the article....it seems to be a leap from events in the Middle East to 'Jesus is returning".

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟32,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
More 'end times' rhetoric. News and Current Events section does not seem the appropriate place for this.

The title of the thread does not match the article....it seems to be a leap from events in the Middle East to 'Jesus is returning".
Many teach that part of Revelation events will happen due to nuclear war. If not can you explain to me how you see it? Peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,990.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Many teach that part of Revelation events will happen due to nuclear war. If not can you explain to me how you see it? Peace
Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟32,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
That is what got us into this mess if people read it out of context. I don't worry about my sustainability which Mat 6 is talking about.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟587,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're smart enough to know that "many' teaching something can mean nothing. Jesus says "many" will be deceived.
Matthew 24:5
Matthew 24:11

A practical issue I have with a nuclear war is > nuclear fallout could degrade human reproductive organs so humans could not reproduce enough soldiers "as the sand of the sea" to attack Israel at Armageddon > Revelation 20:7-9.

And, of course, if there were a worldwide holocaust, there could be no humans to attack Israel, plus there could be no Israel to attack.

But yes we do have Vladimir threatening to use nuclear weapons. And he should know that a major worldwide use could at best leave him living in an underground bunker for the rest of his life, with no Russia to redevelop into another U.S.S.R., and no America to eventually conquer and use for resources. But could he do it out of suicidal spite, maybe like Adolph and certain of his Nazi's?

And, of course, there could be Hamas-like people maybe in Iran capable of suiciding themselves in order to take out Israel.

But still, there is the issue of needing enough surviving humans with clean water and agriculture to produce those soldiers "as the sand of the sea" at Armageddon.

And God is able to manage things to determine if there is a major nuclear war or even a full holocaust.

Plus, of course, He already knows what will really happen > it is destiny, not some guessing-sea! . . . though ones' endless guessing is part of their destiny.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,990.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
"Fear is the mind killer"
That is what got us into this mess if people read it out of context. I don't worry about my sustainability which Mat 6 is talking about.
“A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once. It seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.” W Shakespeare

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟32,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Fear is the mind killer"

“A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once. It seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.” W Shakespeare
I don't fear death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟32,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A practical issue I have with a nuclear war is > nuclear fallout
That is when real climate change happens and maybe natural disasters when those bombs disturb the earth's crust. I grew up 60- in the 70s being feared by the media and rightly so. I had nuclear fallout drills in elementary maybe cause of the Cuban Missle Crisis. I never understood and I wish I had asked her how she felt when we bombed her country. Because if someone bombed my country they'd be enemy for life.
And God is able to manage things to determine if there is a major nuclear war or even a full holocaust.
I think God will have to return to keep us from annihilating each other. Peace

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟32,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It isn't just about fear of death. It is also about fear of life. That is what it means.
I praise God for the extra life has given me after my heart attack in September. He healed my heart literally, Prais God! The day after release from the hospital I tried to walk and couldn't walk half a block. That day I cried and begged God to heal my heart and the next day I walked 1.5 miles. Praise God!

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,435,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0