WoW Players - Need Help for My Paladin

Q

Quoth

I am a level 61 Paladin on Moonrunner, a PvE server. I am not currently playing due to finances, but hope to get the game up and running again by late April. In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out my gear/weapons/talent tree for a Tankadin.

If any of you have any suggestions for what a Tankadin should be spec-ed at by level 80, please, help me out!

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Going Prot for leveling isn't too bad, but once you hit the 10 and 25 man content in Northrend, a Prot pally is only going to be a 3rd or 4th off-tank at best. They just don't have the damage mitigation that a Prot warrior or a DK has. My advice would be to go Ret. I just hit 80 a week ago and can hold my own in DPS on Heroic 80 instances with nothing but blues and greens (all the epic gear that has dropped has been for a healer build, just my luck).

Also, any talent trees and advice given now will be pretty stale by April. Any tree you build today will most likely include Blessing of Kings, but with 3.1, BoK will be available from a trainer as opposed to a talent. Exorcism will be castable upon any creature, but will be 100% crit on undead and demons (And people whine now about how Retadins are broken...hee-hee).

Upvote 0

Itznikinotnikki

Supercalifragilisticexpi. ..alidocious!
Sep 19, 2006
California
✟58,948.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Going Prot for leveling isn't too bad, but once you hit the 10 and 25 man content in Northrend, a Prot pally is only going to be a 3rd or 4th off-tank at best. They just don't have the damage mitigation that a Prot warrior or a DK has. My advice would be to go Ret. I just hit 80 a week ago and can hold my own in DPS on Heroic 80 instances with nothing but blues and greens (all the epic gear that has dropped has been for a healer build, just my luck).

Also, any talent trees and advice given now will be pretty stale by April. Any tree you build today will most likely include Blessing of Kings, but with 3.1, BoK will be available from a trainer as opposed to a talent. Exorcism will be castable upon any creature, but will be 100% crit on undead and demons (And people whine now about how Retadins are broken...hee-hee).

:thumbsup::bow::bow::D

Upvote 0

Denward

Copier Technician of Righteousness
Mar 9, 2009
Glendive, Montana
✟15,137.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Kinda glad I don't play anymore.. Though my old guild lost one of their MTs for Naax when I left, used to play Prot pally. Had to leave didnt like what they did to the game and my guild got full of drama like they usually tend to. They still have me listed as an officer if I ever pop in on vent hahaha.

Upvote 0
S

Silent Bob

Or you can re-roll a DK and just be a demigod. As Unholy I can solo same lvl elites and can gather up at least 5-6 mobs before I start feeling any pain and pop cooldowns. Some time ago in 25man Naxx we took a friend DK from another guild, he was dressed in blues one or two epics and some greens, when he came top of DPS our full epic dressed mage was ready to delete his char.

Upvote 0