Would you vote for a person who believes or does these things?

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
That would result in more additional deaths than deaths that could be avoided.

Its pure statistics: For every murder prevented by guns you have more deaths (murder, accidents) that outweight the prevention.
The Founders of our country were wise on this issue. They knew if the People did not have guns, the govt could take their property and even their lives. If you think that can't happen, you don't know much about Nazi Germany and other tyrannical states.

We see how the left is depriving or attempting to deprive Trump of his Constitutional rights, using weaponized govt against him to try to derail his candidacy.

It is time for America to WAKE up. Government is not yourfriend.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟75,076.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Most burglaries happen when people are not home and burglars avoid homes that have dogs.
Maybe I should have said robbers …
Humans will kill each other whether they have a gun or not because if you look at the 2021 homicide map you'll see that a lot of people were killed in countries that have better gun laws than we do.
As in Burma, where there is a sort of civil war …

There are not much countries with stricter gun law that have as much killing as the the USA or more.

In some countries, guns are not that common because they are too extensive for the poor population.

But if you look on countries comparable to the US(i.e. Canada, Europe, Australia, NZ, Japan, Korea, Taiwan), the picture is clear. It is the high numbers of killing with guns, that make the different in the homicide rate.

And your figures do not capture the accidents when a person is shot without intent.
If the world keeps going the way it is we all should be worried about nukes because they do a better job at killing humans than every gun in the world. Arms sales is a business for many countires and criminals will find them in the black market.
Don't worry, your country has nukes, so it will not be attacked - SCNR.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟75,076.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Akita Suggagaki said: How about hold a rally resulting in violent attack to overturn valid election?

This is sheer speculation.
No, exactly this happened on the 6th of January, 2021. This is knowledge (experience), not speculation.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟75,076.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
They knew if the People did not have guns, the govt could take their property and even their lives. If you think that can't happen, you don't know much about Nazi Germany and other tyrannical states.
I'm German, I know more about Nazis and 3rd Reich than you.

One reason the Nazis could take over Germany was the deep mistrust to the elected government, fueled by communists and right-wing politicians. Hitler could exploit that …
We see how the left is depriving or attempting to deprive Trump of his Constitutional rights
Which rights? As far as I can see, Trump is treated as any other criminal suspect.

Do you think a suspect has special rights because he is a former US president?
using weaponized govt against him to try to derail his candidacy.
It is an open question whether a person that instigated a rally against the elected congress with the objective to steal the election from the president elect (Biden) has a right to run for president. Trump has gone to court for that, and the supreme court will answer it.
It is time for America to WAKE up. Government is not yourfriend.
Neither is Trump. Be betrayed the Kurds and left them to the mercy of Putin and Assad, openly said that he had more trust in Putin (who has sworn to destroy America) than the US intelligence, such things are usually considered high treason. And when he lost the election, he lied over and over again with the result of the rally on the 6th of January (three rioters ans one policeman dead, more than 140 security personal injured).

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't worry, your country has nukes, so it will not be attacked - SCNR.
Wrong, we will be attacked if the West keeps antagonizing the world. Is our ideology spreading to the whole world at the cost of war? We see a lot of countries fleeing from the USA because of our desire for hegemony.
It is an open question whether a person that instigated a rally against the elected congress with the objective to steal the election from the president elect (Biden) has a right to run for president. Trump has gone to court for that, and the supreme court will answer it.
You only know what the powers want you to know unless you search for the truth. In order not to be manipulated you have to look at all news source and critically think. How did it feel when your media lied about the Russian collusion? This went on for several years. How I wish I was on these forums back then to witness the tribal warfare over a lie. But also with Hillary "lock her up" never came for the Republicans. The media dragged us around with lies and kept the tribal warfare going which divides the country.

I try not to get into political debates but here is a video of Trump's lawyer addressing Congress. I believe the house managers should be prosecuted. If you are blinded by hate you won't like these videos The CNN video shows the hypocrisy of our politicians. The other video is more of his lawyer talking to Congress. I am surprised the CNN video showed the hypocrisy but I was a Fox viewer at the time because of Tribal warfare.

CNN Video

Insurrection

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟75,076.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Wrong, we will be attacked if the West keeps antagonizing the world.
I only used your logic in the case of firearms and applied it to nukes … did you overlook the SCNR?
You only know what the powers want you to know unless you search for the truth.
I know. But as to Trump: That he lied almost every say (some lies were about Germany, my country!), that he was the only one who said there were proofs for fraud in the 2020 election, and virtually every else refuted his argument, that these lies about a stolen election caused the attempted coup d'etat on the 6th of January - this can be seen or read in many sources.
In order not to be manipulated you have to look at all news source and critically think. How did it feel when your media lied about the Russian collusion?
Fact is: Trump had debts to Russian oligarchs, fact is: He sacificed the Kurds in order to give Syria back to Putin, fact is: he openly said he admired Putin, …

Which detail on »collusion« was wrong? I don't watch many US media, so I'm not sure what you mean.
If you are blinded by hate you won't like these videos The CNN video shows the hypocrisy of our politicians.
At 0:16 it shows hypocrisy of Trump's lawyer. Even in the video clip he shows we can hear Trump saying: »And if they don't fight, we have to (?) primary the hell under the ones who don't fight. You primary … we'll go let them know who you are, I can already tell you, frankly.«

And when the »hell« broke loose, Trump did not say any word to stop the violence - which shows how he meant these words. By putting the focus just on the word fight, the lawyer distracts from this fact.

Then followed a long row of people who wanted an impeachment. I can't see what this should prove …

Yes, I don't like looking at a video in which a lawyer distorts facts. If stopped watching after 3½ minutes - if you can show me a passage where is more solid argumentation, please tell me, I don't want to waste my time.

The other video - it is also biased. There are some points there. But if you take the issue of »good people on both sides« - if you here the context provided by the lawyer, you can hear Trump equating George Washington and Thomas Jefferson with Robert Lee! And then how Trump invents troublemakers on the side of the victims - had there been more than a handful of such leftist troublemakers, the scene would have been completely different!

These are just the points I see just by looking into the videos, if I were US citizen, I would start to investigate other points, and I'm sure I would find more distortions by that lawyer.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟112,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A simple comparison of figures from USA and from civilized countries shows it. Unless you argue that such a comparison is unfair because the USA are no civilized country … ;)
I ask for the source not an opinion. Show the study that came to that conclusion. If you have one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟112,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Which rights? As far as I can see, Trump is treated as any other criminal suspect.

Do you think a suspect has special rights because he is a former US president?
How far can you actually see? All CREDIBLE legal scholars in this country say the current case ongoing in court should never have been brought. It has no solid foundation in law. In fact was rejected for prosecution twice before it was rammed through to interfere in the election. This is a sham trial only for the destruction of a political opponent.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟75,076.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I ask for the source not an opinion. Show the study that came to that conclusion. If you have one.
Opinion? Do you have an explanation why the USA is so unsafe a country? I mean, an explanation that does not blame the lax regulations on weapons of war …

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟899,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Would you vote for a person who believes or does these things?

1) claims to be a Christian but shows us over and over again that he (she) does not take the Word of Christ seriously (just does whatever...)
2) claims to be in favor of the US's chosen form of government but constantly breaks duly enacted laws, including the tenets of the Constitution
3) allows any STRANGER into our country without being vetted, when many of these strangers are robbing, raping and murdering Americans
4) someone who is using Americans' tax dollars to support those who crash the border, @ the same time cutting benefits to Americans
5) someone who has caused homelessness to rise
6) someone who allows law-breakers to have the jobs Americans once had (or could have had)

Me?

I would never, ever do that.

Would you?

Y

or

N?
I think there’s a lot of exaggeration going on in this OP. First I just want to say that I’m a Trump supporter I cant stand Biden. That being said they’re both idiots, Trump just happens to align with more of the moral issues that I think are important. That’s not to say that I think he’s a moral person.

Would you say that Trump takes the word of God seriously?

Most immigrants are hard working and aren’t committing these kinds of crimes. It’s actually Americans that are responsible for the vast majority of these crimes.

I worked in concrete demolition for 29 years and most of these illegal immigrants come here to work so they can afford to get a green card because it’s insanely expensive especially on Mexican wages.

Homelessness rose because of Covid everyone knows that.

Nobody is allowing illegal immigrants to have jobs in the US they’re still required to present a green card or work visa in order to be legally hired otherwise the company will be fined.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟112,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This was not in Ger,man media. Can you show me details of these rejections?

Here is one. The election commission looked at this case and chose not to prosecute. Remember multiple legal scholars say this case has no legal standing and will be overturned on appeal if convicted.

Here is the kicker the renegades prosecuting this case don 't care they only want a conviction for the optics, hoping to damage Trumps credibility with a bogus felony conviction.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟112,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟112,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think there’s a lot of exaggeration going on in this OP. First I just want to say that I’m a Trump supporter I cant stand Biden. That being said they’re both idiots, Trump just happens to align with more of the moral issues that I think are important. That’s not to say that I think he’s a moral person.

Would you say that Trump takes the word of God seriously?

Most immigrants are hard working and aren’t committing these kinds of crimes. It’s actually Americans that are responsible for the vast majority of these crimes.

I worked in concrete demolition for 29 years and most of these illegal immigrants come here to work so they can afford to get a green card because it’s insanely expensive especially on Mexican wages.

Homelessness rose because of Covid everyone knows that.

Nobody is allowing illegal immigrants to have jobs in the US they’re still required to present a green card or work visa in order to be legally hired otherwise the company will be fined.
Does not the numbers of Chinese and Middle Eastern country young males crossing our boarders concern you? Yes there are some innocent pawns of the cartels crossing the boarders but there are way too many criminals and possible terrorist crossing unchecked. This boarder is out of control and needs to be shut down except for legally executed immigration.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟112,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟75,076.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I once read a paper which said that in former days, most illegal immigrants from Mexico just came to work for some years, earned money, and then went back to spend this money at home (building a house, buying a car, starting a local business, or whatever). And if they needed more money, they again came for some time …

When border control increased, it became too difficult to cross the border, so the immigrants decided to stay in the US. So, while the number of arriving immigrants per year decreased somewhat, the number of immigrants in the USA increased. The contrary of what intended by more border control …

Upvote 0