Would you still doubt your presuppositions if they gave you the right answer?

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Suppose scientists woke up tomorrow and declared that they had found irrefutable scientific evidence that the universe was only twelve thousand years old.

Question for the Young Earth Creationists: Would you still believe that their presuppositions were wrong?

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Suppose scientists woke up tomorrow and declared that they had found irrefutable scientific evidence that the universe was only twelve thousand years old.

Question for the Young Earth Creationists: Would you still believe that their presuppositions were wrong?

What is the benefit of playing make-believe?

Upvote 0

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Shernren,

Well, since the Scriptures seem to claim that the universe isn't much older than 6,000 years old, my answer would be yes.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Scripture does not say the universe is only 6,000 years old. God says He created us 160 million years ago (Job 40:15) in the first Heaven and earth age. This 2nd Heaven and earth age is almost 13,000 years old.

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Shernren,

Well, since the Scriptures seem to claim that the universe isn't much older than 6,000 years old, my answer would be yes.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

But if their measurement turned out to be 6231.95 years, you'd go with it?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I never assume any presupposition is wrong. So, I will certainly not in this case. And I like to know what it says.

Upvote 0
G

Godel

Scripture does not say the universe is only 6,000 years old. God says He created us 160 million years ago (Job 40:15) in the first Heaven and earth age. This 2nd Heaven and earth age is almost 13,000 years old.
Job 40:15 - "Behold now, Behemoth, which I made as well as you;
He eats grass like an ox"

So, um.. how do you get what you said from Job 40:15? :scratch:

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I doubt the earth is only 6000 years old, as no one can explain properly how light got here from very distant galaxies. Although some argue that there are not enough supernovas for an old universe. I think there was a gap between verse 1 and 2 in Genesis One. Before that there was the earth, and a kingdom of angels, with cities etc. Then there was a judgement when the Cherub fell from grace. The rest of Genesis 1 and 2 is concerned with the new creation after that.

Upvote 0