On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, but not in the way you seem to think.

Jesus spent a considerable time trying to get into the think heads of his disciples that his Kingdom doesn't look like that sort of Kingdom. That he would deal with evil, but not in the way they expected. And he did that on the cross and resurrection. Why on earth would anyone think he's suddenly going to say "april fool! let's get to the hacking and shooting like any good Messiah" when he comes again?
LOL! Great rhetoric. His judgements usualy employ bad guys doing the hacking & shooting on each other.

Upvote 0
Jun 15, 2010
✟8,034.00
Faith
Seeker
LOL! Great rhetoric. His judgements usualy employ bad guys doing the hacking & shooting on each other.
You are right,God used world powers surrounding the nation of israel to kill the wicked who had corrupted his nation..Unfortunately that disagrees with what ebias trying to say that there isnt any judgement coming.
I think hes in for a shock.Should probably rejig the old memory banks and read a bit more of what the bible actually says.
I read stuff posted here that has no connection to what the bible actually says.
More inexperienced minds could be misled.Not good.over and out.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The other options are never exhausted.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent".
Defence against violence isn't evil.
Refusing to defend against violence is.
There is no excuse for cowardice, no refuge without vigilance because freedom isn't free. Someone has to protect it.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are right,God used world powers surrounding the nation of israel to kill the wicked who had corrupted his nation..Unfortunately that disagrees with what ebias trying to say that there isnt any judgement coming.
I think hes in for a shock.
I see judgement daily. It does seem to be a rising tide,

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by ebia
The other options are never exhausted.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent".

Defence against violence isn't evil.
Refusing to defend against violence is.
There is no excuse for cowardice, no refuge without vigilance because freedom isn't free. Someone has to protect it.

Exactly.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would it help if I did have a story that involved somebody breaking into someone's house? I suspect not - you can always find some some basis on which to disregard something you don't want to hear.
Don't dismiss us so easily. We'd LOVE to hear stories of how home intruders were successfuly defended against non-violently. Don't deprive us of an opportunity to have role models. Coping skills of any kind will be appreciated; anger management, conflict resolution, ethnic ettiquette & situational diplomacy tricks will be highly treasured because we abhor violence so much, we reserve it for these special situations, not as a default answer to every evil (sometimes a couple rolls of duct tape is enough;)).

Upvote 0
Jun 15, 2010
✟8,034.00
Faith
Seeker
lol 1 more we cant criticise those who choose not to defend their property with deadly force just as they cant criticise those who choose to if the horrible situation arises.
Its a conscience matter.
However warning head shots might be grounds for manslaughter or murder so its something to be handled with care.
Common sense.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Don't dismiss us so easily. We'd LOVE to hear stories of how home intruders were successfuly defended against non-violently. Don't deprive us of an opportunity to have role models. Coping skills of any kind will be appreciated; anger management, conflict resolution, ethnic ettiquette & situational diplomacy tricks will be highly treasured because we abhor violence so much, we reserve it for these special situations, not as a default answer to every evil (sometimes a couple rolls of duct tape is enough;)).

I need to take those classes. :D

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I need to take those classes. :D
Well, one thing they don't teach ya is duct tape ain't always enough either, sometimes ya gotta break out the bailin' wire.:cool:

i'm curious about this new thing called "Neorolinguistic Progeamming" - not sure what i is, but sounds like some powerful ju-ju.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone else find it interesting that God's promises of protection and help have been strangely silenced in this thread?

Hebrews 13:5-6 (NKJV)
5 For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." 6 So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Does anyone else find it interesting that God's promises of protection and help have been strangely silenced in this thread?

Hebrews 13:5-6 (NKJV)
5 For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." 6 So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"

Please, elaborate. Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Since God said Matthew 5:39 (NKJV) 39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person." does that mean He leaves us helpless?

No. He enables his children, the sons and daughters of the most High God, to stand up against evil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Matthew 5:39 (NKJV) 39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person."

You would not resist someone threatening or attempting to hurt a loved one?

In essence, you'd become an accessory to their demise? Just stand there as evil un-folds? You honestly believe you're glorifying a holy God, Who hates evil, and commands us to defend, protect, and speak out for those who cannot defend or speak out or defend theirself?

Upvote 0

Daughter of His

Believing God
Feb 1, 2004
On my computer chair
✟76,711.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
My commentary (which is just that) says that the resist is probably referring to in a court of law. It also says the strikes as with the back of a hand was more of an insult.

I'm no authority but this does seem to make sense.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My commentary (which is just that) says that the resist is probably referring to in a court of law. It also says the strikes as with the back of a hand was more of an insult.

I'm no authority but this does seem to make sense.

amen.

Upvote 0