Would you shoot a home invader?

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Would you shoot a home invader?

What if I don't own a gun?

It would be entirely up to the invader. If he or she didn't chill out, they would be in a dire situation where their life was on the line.

Why or why not?

Why? If I had to, I would kill them.

Why not? Because this perp did the right thing and saved his/her own life.

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2010
Nebraska
✟15,332.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Pretty situational. Given that I am actually trained in self defense I would probably take the same approach and run away and call the police if it is only my life that is threatened, but if there are others who need to be protected I will do whatever is necessary.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
I have a bow and some arrows. And I have some nunchaku, tonfas, sai, shiruken, and a few other weapons at my disposal other than firearms. He will be warned once.
You must have a large house if a bow and arrow is a serious option.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
G

gray100

I am just so glad that I live in a society where people do not need guns or possess them, and where there is extremely strict legislation governing the possession and use of firearms.

Where societies support tougher controls and laws on firearms, instead of justifying their "right" to use them, they generally don't have a problem with guns ending up in the wrong hands in the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YoDude

Feb 25, 2010
Texas
✟7,934.00
Faith
Christian
Do you Americans get your houses broken into so much that that gun ownership is so necessary?!

Like I said earlier, the most likely outcome of this thread would be to create division. Funny how good Christian folk do not even have enough wisdom to know better than start threads the create 'division among brothers', perhaps put a little more thought into the outcome of a thread before creating it.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
I am just so glad that I live in a society where people do not need guns or possess them, and where there is extremely strict legislation governing the possession and use of firearms.
I've been here seven and a half years, and I haven't gotten used to the police carrying handguns yet.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Where societies support tougher controls and laws on firearms, instead of justifying their "right" to use them, they generally don't have a problem with guns ending up in the wrong hands in the first place.

I'm thankful I live in a society that recognizes our right to gun ownership. I'm thankful that I have the ability and opportunity to protect myself if needs be.

In answer to the OP, if I felt that my life or the life of my family was in danger, YES, I would shoot a home invader. I have been taught how to shoot to kill as well as how to shoot to wound. I don't necessarily have to kill the home invader, but if it came down to it, I would, to protect my life or the lives of my family.

Reactions: noroses4u2c
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I am so glad I do not live in the UK.

Reactions: noroses4u2c
Upvote 0