Would you let your kids listen to Lady Gaga?

wonder111

Love is the message!
Jul 24, 2003
Visit site
✟9,948.00
Faith
Christian
i don't have a problem with her, her judas lyrics are clearly about a man who she knows is no good (he betrayed her) but she is having a hard time staying away from him. Paul in the bible even said he is doing things he doesn't want to do and wishes he couldn't do them but thank God for grace.

Also re: the homosexual lyrics, the highest suicide rate within teens are homosexual teens and with more acceptance of them as people will hopefully help stop bullying of young gay teens and suicide. Getting to the root issue of homosexuality is another issue altogether. I know many gay people who don't have relationships because they are uncomfortable being gay and they don't feel it's right. but at least they also don't have to deal with bullying and condemnation. Its hard enough as it is

Upvote 0

KevinMartin

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
✟7,713.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I would let my kids listen to her because she sends out a really good message - be yourself, love yourself. I am a huge fan of hers, I have been to her concert twice both times with my mom. Her new music is very religious which is great to see and hear from a very popular artist, but the music is not offensive. People just do not understand her. I love everything about her and what she stands for. I may not agree with some things, but I still give her all the credit since she is standing up for what she believes in and that is what we all should be doing.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I would let my kids listen to her because she sends out a really good message - be yourself, love yourself. I am a huge fan of hers, I have been to her concert twice both times with my mom. Her new music is very religious which is great to see and hear from a very popular artist, but the music is not offensive. People just do not understand her. I love everything about her and what she stands for. I may not agree with some things, but I still give her all the credit since she is standing up for what she believes in and that is what we all should be doing.

We should only stand up for the things that are worth believing in. Many people stand up for what they believe in but what they believe in might actually be hideous. Some of the worst monsters in the history of mankind have been very good at standing up for what they believe in.

Upvote 0

Iloveshofars

Neh. 4:20
May 12, 2011
Vista CA
✟15,112.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Music was originally intended to glorify God. I wouldnt let my kids listin to her or any music that doesnt glorify God. What is the point of listening to that anyways? " She pours her heart out to people?" Jesus bleed for us and gave us a preacious gift, shouldnt we sing praises to him? dont waiste ur life on things that dont matter in life or edify the soul. We need help with life our knees are enough. Jesus listens! What lyrics could she possibly write or sing that will help us with our walk with God? read to ur kids the bible, talk with them open ur heart to them and help them build up their faith in God and Lady GAGA wont be an issue. God bless all.

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Lady Gaga is a very talented person. I was attracted to this thread because of the most recent episode of American Idol, in which a young contestant, Scotty, who has shown himself to be a Christian has an obvious reaction to her. I think his reaction is what should be normal in the presence of someone like that. I personally think she is demonically influenced, and, no, I would not approve of my children (had I any) listening to her music.

Upvote 0