Polokwane
✟37,963.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A Swedish company made a vegan burger that they say tastes like human flesh - and the burger recently received an award. The plant-based company named Oumph! developed the 'human meat plant-based burger' for people who want to taste fake human flesh during Halloween last year.
plant based human meat.v1.jpg

How do you feel about that?

Attachments

• plant based human meat.jpg
    plant based human meat.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 6

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A Swedish company made a vegan burger that they say tastes like human flesh - and the burger recently received an award. The plant-based company named Oumph! developed the 'human meat plant-based burger' for people who want to taste fake human flesh during Halloween last year.View attachment 320975
I wonder where they did the taste tests.

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
A Swedish company made a vegan burger that they say tastes like human flesh - and the burger recently received an award. The plant-based company named Oumph! developed the 'human meat plant-based burger' for people who want to taste fake human flesh during Halloween last year.View attachment 320975

How do they know what human flesh taste like????? Did someone at some point practice cannibalism?
No I wouldn't eat it - and it's something wrong when people want the taste of human flesh.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟734,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

guess my question is .... how do they know it tastes like "human meat" ????

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
can anyone prove it tastes like that? they're just being risque. Though the idea of it kind would make me nauseous - and I'd be concerned if that flavor would get dropped into other burgers by mistake.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟292,245.00
Faith
Christian
guess my question is .... how do they know it tastes like "human meat" ????

Freudian slip? Lol

I must admit, I love threads like these - a seriously WEIRD product that invariably sends us down the rabbit hole of wonderment.

I mean, just how on EARTH would one conceive such an idea? I'm flabbergasted. If not a little curious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Me too,. How does anyone know what a human taste like?
I heard somewhere that in some language human flesh is known as ‘long pig’ because apparently it tastes a bit like pig. It’s pretty surprising just how widespread cannibalism used to be actually, all across the world.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟292,245.00
Faith
Christian
I'm sure it tastes as much like "human meat" as their plant-based beef burgers taste like "cow meat". That is to say, they don't. Never had a plant-based meat that truly tastes like the real thing.

Admittedly, I once had some chicken dippers which came shockingly close. Birdseye "Green Cuisine" or whatever name it was.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Me too,. How does anyone know what a human taste like?

It tastes like pork according to Idi Amin and other cannibals. I believe Idi Amin actually nick named human corpses hanging up as "long pig".

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟496,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I wonder where they did the taste tests.

Assuming such taste tests occurred, I would say probably in New Guinea or in some parts of Melanesia and Polynesia, where cannibalism is common and human meat is euphemistically referred to as “Long Pig.” I wish I were making this up, but I am not. Indeed there was a scion of the Rockefeller family who was an anthropologist, studying the tribes of New Guinea in the late 1950s, when he disappeared, and his remains have never been found. It is widely believed he was the victim of cannibalism.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟496,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Someone voted 'yes' they would eat this! :sorry:

Indeed, remind me to politely decline any invitations to dinner from them. I don’t want to find myself on the menu.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟496,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
It tastes like pork according to Idi Amin and other cannibals. I believe Idi Amin actually nick named human corpses hanging up as "long pig".

The Long Pig euphemism is correct, although I am pretty sure it originated in Austronesia and not with the former Ugandan dictator.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0