Would the Theology of a Christian President (US) matter to you?

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of all the differing opinions of faith, how far would you scrutinize the Theology of a US Presidential Candidate before deciding to vote for or against him/her?

Forgive me...

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
to some extent
I would not vote for a Muslim because the doctrines of Islam are not compatible with Western Ideals
even "moderate" Muslim countries like Morocco and Turkey have repressive laws against Christians

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Of all the differing opinions of faith, how far would you scrutinize the Theology of a US Presidential Candidate before deciding to vote for or against him/her?

Forgive me...
I probably would scrutinize a tad.
As long as they don't believe in a future "Rapture" and aren't Dispensationalists or LDS, SDA, MJ, JW, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim etc.....I am sure there are more, but you catch my drift ehehe

th

Last edited:
Reactions: LLoJ
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,656.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Cappadocious

Sep 29, 2012
✟30,661.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Forgive me...
Tolerance for their evils is in inverse proportion to their degree of professed Orthodoxy.

"Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written."

"For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more."

"I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
BTW - I'm running.

Www.paulsudduth2016.us

Forgive me...

Mr. Sudduth, I don't say this to belittle you or your campaign. Hopefully you will see this as constructive: You have a number of spelling and grammatical errors on your website. You may want to correct them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If a candidate's theology were to be the deciding factor, I'd just stop voting.

There will never be a Coptic Orthodox president/head of state. Good thing we realized that over 1700 years ago. Better to be in the desert than in the White House anyway.

Failing that, I try to vote for whoever seems least likely to believe that the rest of the world works like the USA does/that everyone thinks like an American political hack.

Because of this, I have not really had anyone good to vote for in my life. I doubt that's ever going to change.

Of course I wouldn't vote for a Muslim, but that has less to do with my objections to Islamic theology specifically than it does my objections to the Islamic synthesis of religion and politics that does not allow for the proper development of a pluralistic civil society. If we're all going to share one country, the leader, other government functionaries, and the constitution they operate under can't apportion rights based on the citizenry's membership in a given religion or sect, which is the entirety of what the Islamic concept of rights has always been based around, going back to the Constitution of Medina which the Muslims say was authored by Muhammad himself (read: you do not have rights because you are a person of the governed territory, but only because/if you are a member of a religious community that Islamic law recognizes; this is why even today in places like Egypt groups like Baha'is and atheists may be barred from attending school, marrying, etc.; the dominant religion which controls the culture and sets policy encourages this behavior, in addition to the terrible treatment of people of the other religions it does recognize, which in an Egyptian legal context are Judaism and Christianity.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Forgive me...

Absolutely, yes. Do I have to have exhaustive knowledge of their theology? No. But I do look for key elements.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mr. Sudduth, I don't say this to belittle you or your campaign. Hopefully you will see this as constructive: You have a number of spelling and grammatical errors on your website. You may want to correct them.

Thanks for that. I seem to do my best editing after I publish. If you would be so kind as to point them out.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Forgive me...
Prolife. Not the only thing but its there at the top. Its difficult to get much more specific on requirements than that but that still tells an awful lot to me, if I believe it's sincere. I believe we have one or two now that meet that qualification.

Reactions: OrthodoxyUSA
Upvote 0