2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Meaning that he's not merely a man.

If you take "I change not" super literally, you'd have to junk everything in the Bible after Adam's sin, since we obviously can read of all the changes God made thereafter.
God said I change not, God didn't say he couldn't change his mind.
Albion said:
We are told that he intended something for Mankind that he changed afterwards, and the Torah contains many accounts of God having changed things.
Changed things, not changed himself {
Albion said:
But if you confine your thinking to God changing himself, he didn't change from being God when he took on human nature, not any more than you change your nature if you decide to put a hat on this morning--or not.

well you have successfully contradicted the word of God with your reasoning by claiming that God can change himself when God said "I change not". You say God can change, the bible says god cannot change.

you say god, who is spirit, didn't change form being god, who is spirit, but took on human nature. so that means Jesus is the omnipresent spirit that took on a human nature. Jesus is a man , and a man isn't god taking on human nature. what do you mean by nature anyway?????

you chose a very good vague term, so you and I both have no idea what you mean by nature. thus making your statement meaningless.

nature.

a : the inherent character or basic constitution of a person or thing : essence

b : disposition, temperament

a : a creative and controlling force in the universe

b : an inner force or the sum of such forces in an individual

: a kind or class usually distinguished by fundamental or essential characteristics <documents of a confidential nature> <acts of a ceremonial nature>

: the physical constitution or drives of an organism; especially : an excretory organ or function &#8212;used in phrases like the call of nature

: a spontaneous attitude (as of generosity)

: the external world in its entirety

a : humankind's original or natural condition

b : a simplified mode of life resembling this condition

: the genetically controlled qualities of an organism

: natural scenery

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nature

I'm sure you don't mean any of these def. and if you do it will sink your boat if you choose anyone of them. that's the magic of vague terminology. now all you have to do is leave in a huff claiming I'm so dense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BelieveTheWord

Hebrew Roots Christian
Jan 16, 2015
✟8,702.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, but we are not confined to thinking of God in the way the Old Testament did.

So Marcion is right, and there is a new god in town? Maybe Paul was just wrong in saying all scripture is profitable for doctrine and correction.

It is clear to me that God CAN become Man for any reason he chooses, if that is his purpose. To think that this is impossible makes no sense to me, nor do I see any reason to think this could cost him his holiness.

If He is too Holy to approach on Mount Sinai without the people purifying themselves for 3 days, and He is too holy to have His presence reside in anything other than perfect tabernacle/temple, then that is a good reason to think He is too holy to rub shoulders with random people on the street.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So Marcion is right, and there is a new god in town?

If He is too Holy to approach on Mount Sinai without the people purifying themselves for 3 days, and He is too holy to have His presence reside in anything other than perfect tabernacle/temple, then that is a good reason to think He is too holy to rub shoulders with random people on the street.

Junk the New Testament and all of that probably would make sense. :doh:

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
So Marcion is right, and there is a new god in town? Maybe Paul was just wrong in saying all scripture is profitable for doctrine and correction.

Nah, there is now no more condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. The blood of Jesus washed all our impurities away so that now we have the glory of God's own self just as Adam did before he sinned. We are made pure by being in Jesus. So God does more than rub shoulders with us, we have the glory of God's own self. This is very basic stuff, I'm surprised you guys missed it.

John 17.5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was .

john 17.22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

romans 8.1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Upvote 0

BelieveTheWord

Hebrew Roots Christian
Jan 16, 2015
✟8,702.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Nah, there is now no more condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. The blood of Jesus washed all our impurities away so that now we have the glory of God's own self just as Adam did before he sinned. We are made pure by being in Jesus. So God does more than rub shoulders with us, we have the glory of God's own self. This is very basic stuff, I'm surprised you guys missed it.

John 17.5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was .

john 17.22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

romans 8.1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

That has nothing to do with I'm talking about. The point is that there is a problem saying The Almighty suspended His holiness and walked around with impure people. Before they "were in Christ". Walking after the Spirit and not the flesh is what holiness is about. Doesn't go against what I'm saying at all.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
That has nothing to do with I'm talking about.
Yea it does.
BelieveTheWord said:
The point is that there is a problem saying The Almighty suspended His holiness and walked around with impure people. Before they "were in Christ". Walking after the Spirit and not the flesh is what holiness is about. Doesn't go against what I'm saying at all.
well you didn't say anything about 'before they were in Christ." I just went by what you said. and who is marcion anyway. there's no one in here named marcion.
I just went by what you said, not by what you might have been thinking. I think you are referring to something you read in some other post, now that I think about it.

Upvote 0

BelieveTheWord

Hebrew Roots Christian
Jan 16, 2015
✟8,702.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Albion wants to what is unthinkable about Jesus being The Most High. The problem is becoming a human to live in a mostly unholy nation. My point is about Jesus' time one earth.

It's unthinkable because of the holiness of Yahweh. The tabernacle/temple ordinances had to be perfect for His presence to abide there. Suddenly he loses His holiness, and walks around in sin? The bit about His unchanging character makes that impossible. It's obviously a profound thought for many, but it is inconsistent and unnecessary, so therefore wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums