worship and crying

probably was said but I will say any way, the reason you cry when worshiping is because Gods spirit is all over you, and God is hugging you when your praising him, and your spirit knows God is right in front of you when you praise and worship thus why you cry because hes awesome and you love him..

Upvote 0

illbethere4u

Sep 11, 2003
London!!!
✟7,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is a verse in one of the psalms (73 i think) where it says

you have held my hand...you keep me from fallng....

that to me is the coolist thing!!!

in worship i don't tend to cry..im generally incredibly happy and just want to laugh...i think thats god saying that although bad stuff happens in life theres always a reason to behappy! :)

H

Upvote 0
P

Praize

I dont always cry in worship either,but yes, I have been moved to tears. The times when I do, its usually coz im reflecting on my sins and how Jesus could die for a sinner like me, and im so overwhelmed and joyful coz of this simple truth. When im joyful I raise my hands and clap. Other times I usually just close my eyes and see Him and feel the Holy Spirit within me, its just as real, just as awesome and just as powerful.

I know some people, too, who dont believe that the Spirit can move people to tears, laughter or dancing, coz there are other Christians who do get caught up in the moment and the emotion in the songs.

I truly believe that God (the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit) doesnt care what we do when we worship, as long as we really are worshipping Him. In the end, no matter how we worship, God can see in our hearts to know whether its the real deal or "getting caught up in the moment"

Upvote 0

livin'4Jesus

Oct 16, 2003
Alberta
Visit site
✟16,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I cry a lot when I'm at the front ... I start thinking a lot and the thought and knowing that God loves me SO MUCH and that he'll never leave nor forsake me brings really happy tears to my eyes. I'm really thankful for what Jesus did for me on the cross. He did that for all you too. Just remember that and above all love him with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind( Matthew 22:36-38). His love for you and me are more than the universe or anything could ever compare and is unconditional (Psalm 136:1-26).

In Christ, R.L.

check out www.thekristo.com

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paulewog

Father of Insanity; Child of Music.
Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Emotions can come from God.... or, can come because of God.

But, not necessarily. Feelings and emotions are not what a relationship is about. :)

As someone mentioned before, people get caught up in the emotion and forget the worship part... heh.

However, I cry. Not just in church or something, but even purely from music pieces that are particularly moving to me.... and occasionally when thinking about God's boundless love and the punishment He endured on the cross for me.

Although, that sometimes makes me feel more guilty than anything :angel:

Upvote 0

VigoMedic

Seeker
Oct 19, 2003
Indiana
Visit site
✟15,340.00
Faith
Anglican
Just about every time I spend time in prayer, I shed tears. I am not just talking about prayers of repentance, but also when I pray just to spend time with God or to offer him my thanks. Like many others in this thread, I don't cry because I feel overwhelmed or some other particular emotion... I believe it comes from the beauty and love of Christ and His presence.

Peace.

Upvote 0

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
VigoMedic said:
Just about every time I spend time in prayer, I shed tears. I am not just talking about prayers of repentance, but also when I pray just to spend time with God or to offer him my thanks. Like many others in this thread, I don't cry because I feel overwhelmed or some other particular emotion... I believe it comes from the beauty and love of Christ and His presence.

Peace.
Amen Brother :clap:

Upvote 0

popsadie

Jan 4, 2004
✟150.00
Faith
Protestant
I've cried during worship. I've cried with the realization of a sin or just the overwhelming love of God. There are times when I've cried or just felt my heart race during a sermon. Its difficult to put into words...and there are times when my mind wonders what is going on...and just starts laughing at my inabillity to encompass it all. There is truly no better hug than one from God/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SamIAm2

SamIAm
Dec 18, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
✟152.00
Faith
Christian
I've cried many times during worship. Sometimes I cry during the sermon too, because something the pastor said relates to something I'm going through, and I know God meant for me to hear it.
I remember one specific time that I cried during worship, it was in D.C., and I was crying like a baby because I knew I wanted to let go of something but I had no idea how, and I was worshipping God and I felt like he was telling me that it's okay just let it go, and I knew God was there it was so cool!
Somebody was talking about the whole getting hysteric and laughing thing, and that happens ALL the time! I just feel God's love so much that it makes me want to laugh and dance and run around!

Upvote 0

GoD'z ChOzEn

KraZy Fo KrIsT
Nov 7, 2003
*((BaY ArEa))* ~KaHLiFoNiA~
✟15,154.00
Faith
Christian
Sista
That'z the prescence of God. Sometimes at church it could just be an emotional thing. One of those quick highs and even faster falls.hehehe You must make a difference.
For me while I'm singing of God'z Goodnezz I can't help but weep knowing how unworthy I am. I just cry releasing everything to him. Just blown away from everything he does. Praise God!!!
GB,
GC

Upvote 0

servant4ever

Servant of Jesus Christ
Jan 9, 2004
Saint Paul
✟17,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello all,

I have never outwardly cried during a church service, but I have been brought to tears, I guess you can call that crying, if you wish. The last time I was brought to tears (twice in the same service, usually it's once every 2 months) is when my church had a guest speaker, and they said they felt the Spirit to tell them somebody (me) was involved in a sin (don't want to go into details...), and they just wanted to say it is a lie from the pit of hell... That brought me to shock, that was the closest I have ever been to outwardly crying in church. After the guest speaker was finished with the message on communion, we had communion, it was a special prayer for healing service. I am a disabled person, and I had ton of back pain the last month before the service, and I decided to go up front for prayer, and the same second the elders finished the prayer, my back pain was completely gone, I was brought to tears and I actually hugged the elder (who was a guy, I'm a guy also). That was the first time I have ever hugged a brother in Christ, that was one of the most powerful services I have ever been involved in. The sad thing is, no friends came to the service with me to witness the miracle!

servant4ever

Upvote 0