Women's Ordination

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lisa.

For some people simply asking for scripture declaring their belief is an offence. This is all that is being done... I am still waiting

She is gone. She directed you to her blog where she said contained her position.

I do not disagree with you that it is un-Bibical. I simply disagree with the tone and harm that was caused.

Lisa

Upvote 0
J

John1and1

She is gone. She directed you to her blog where she said contained her position.

I do not disagree with you that it is un-Bibical. I simply disagree with the tone and harm that was caused.

Lisa
There is nothing wrong with telling someone do not direct me to a blog but please post all applicable scriptures. I do the same for everyone out of respect and for the sake of being thorough.

The reason, in my opinion, she wanted to send me to her blog is because there is only one scripture to post in this case and it goes against her doctrine

Upvote 0
J

John1and1

ok back to the thread

Concerning woman as pastors or teaching men, these are the only passages i could find... feel free to post more if you run across any.

1 Timothy 2:12
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Titus 2
1But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
2That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
3The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

So this to me seems clear. Are there ANY scriptures that would trump these and allow for a female pastor?

Does anyone disagree wiht my statement that these passages mean exactly what they say?

If the woman can hold no power over the man, according to God's order of things, this in itself eliminates her from a pastorate because as i stated earlier a pastor MUST command authority over the men AND the women of his flock

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ok back to the thread

Concerning woman as pastors or teaching men, these are the only passages i could find... feel free to post more if you run across any.

1 Timothy 2:12
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Titus 2
1But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
2That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
3The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

So this to me seems clear. Are there ANY scriptures that would trump these and allow for a female pastor?

Does anyone disagree wiht my statement that these passages mean exactly what they say?

If the woman can hold no power over the man, according to God's order of things, this in itself eliminates her from a pastorate because as i stated earlier a pastor MUST command authority over the men AND the women of his flock

I agree! There are other positions for women and we are each gifted accordingly. It is not an insult to women. It is not in any way demeaning them to a LOWER position. I know for a fact that a pastor cannot really pastor unless he has the support of a good wife. That is a HUGE ministry in of itself.

Second, women can teach other women, as Titus 2 instructs.

Third, women can teach children.

Finally, women can and should preach the gospel. However, there is a difference in preaching the gospel and being in authority over men. When, I say preaching, I imagine that everyone is thinking she is up there in the pulpit. However, I am talking of preaching the gospel as we are all called to do, not preaching or teaching from a position of authority.

Lisa

Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Anyone on earth should be allowed to speak when guided by the Spirit of God. Our Holy Spirit chooses who will speak by anointing one to do so.

I really do not think gender should matter at all. When one is truly anointed and one with The Holy Spirit one knows and all who listen know as well.

Man's approval does not matter. Who are we to determine these matters?

God's will is all that is important.

Sun
:prayer:

Reactions: GreenMunchkin
Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Id be willing to bet something in the 24 pages of this thread will answer you ..if you looked ;)

:)
I subscribed so I can look back soon . Thanks

Just too crazy busy at the moment so I gave my opinion to the original question. I am sure this thread will make interesting reading later on.

God Bless...

Sun

Upvote 0

Iosias

Senior Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
✟9,648.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0