Woman seen screaming for help, scaling 8-foot wall at Saudi prince's L.A. compound

Cactus Jack

Jul 12, 2011
somewhere
✟17,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am left with the impression that people have already convicted the guy. Why? Because of who he is? Because he has money? Because he is Saudi? Why?

Remember, in America it is supposed to be "innocent unless proven guilty in a court of law by his peers."
Judge not that ye be judged. For as you judge you shall be judged. And for every measure you mete, it shall be meted to you again." The Holy Bible says so (IIRC Matthew 7).

Many years ago I was alleged to have committed a nasty crime. I was lucky as I had more than just eye witnesses on where I was when it happened, but also video. Because of a role I had in the community, I was not arrested but I was watched like a hawk. And a few women came out saying they also were victims. Then the video showed up and everyone faded off into the bushes. It was really screwed up. When one woman makes an allegation it seems other women will join the crowd. That's wrong.

To accuse someone of something, hey it happens. But from what I hear so far everyone here already judged and sentenced the guy. Is that the right thing to do? In a Christian forum? To become the judge jury & executioner?

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am left with the impression that people have already convicted the guy. Why? Because of who he is? Because he has money? Because he is Saudi? Why?
None of us have the ability to convict him of anything, this is just a conversation.

To accuse someone of something, hey it happens. But from what I hear so far everyone here already judged and sentenced the guy. Is that the right thing to do? In a Christian forum? To become the judge jury & executioner?
Well the day any of us get the ability to convict him of anything you might have a point.

But right now? You're just being dramatic.

Upvote 0

heatedmonk

Salvations Math: 3 Nails + 1 Cross= 4 Given
Sep 20, 2015
✟2,498.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
220px-Sattam.jpg
I don't foresee him going to a California court and being convicted and sent to a California prison for this.
But it would be a wonderful thing to be wrong if he is guilty of this evil. It would send a message to those of means like him as well. American women aren't your sex toys! You commit a crime you pay for it just like everyone else. Diplomatic immunity is cart blanche for those with no conscience.

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Well, the Saudi Royal Family have absolute power in Saudi Arabia, as well as having billions of dollars of petrodollars to influence things around the globe. They're a pretty powerful bunch. And I'd thoroughly expect, sadly, the Prince to get away with this, if he is guilty.

It makes you think, however. I stuff like this goes on in California, where the Prince is just a guest, what happens in a nation where he is part of the ruling clan and where accusation against him would be shrugged under the carpet?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I stuff like this goes on in California, where the Prince is just a guest, what happens in a nation where he is part of the ruling clan and where accusation against him would be shrugged under the carpet?
Indeed. If stuff like this goes on where the Saudi princes and sheiks are merely guests, then it's easy to believe that far worse crimes are committed in their home country where their power is absolute.

Of course, it wouldn't really be a crime there. In any case bad actions have always been the result of giving government too much power. The people who wield that power frequently exercise it poorly ... and for the most hedonistic and self-indulgent of reasons.

Upvote 0