Wives, do you stand by your man no matter what?

b.hopeful

Sharp as a razor, soft as a prayer
Jul 17, 2009
St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Love unconditionally....that's one thing.....support unconditionally is another. You didn't ask if we loved them no matter what...but if we stood by them, no matter what. Love does not require us to support evil or sin.

Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

I do.

My father does, my grandfathers did.

Although, I can't speak for my grandfathers and father because I don't know how they would respond under all circumstances. I just know how they live/lived. I don't think I would leave my wife for any reason other than in certain circumstances to strategically get her back at a later time.

I wasn't talking about leaving my husband...I was talking about not always agreeing with everything he says or does.

I think a very good point was raised about Tammy being married 5 times herself.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't talking about leaving my husband...I was talking about not always agreeing with everything he says or does.

I think a very good point was raised about Tammy being married 5 times herself.

YES...She was married 5 times..One time for 6 weeks..Hows that "standing by your man"?

I could say the same thing if I got 5 chances.!!!Her last (her 5th) she said was her true love..

STAND by WHICH man????

1.2 .3 ,4 or 5?

Not to knock Tammy..Just dont use her as "standing by" any man.

She also wrote the song "DIVORCE" and "I DONT WANT TO PLAY HOUSE"

Love

Dallas

Upvote 0

Lilymay

Veteran
Oct 23, 2006
USA
✟13,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
What about unconditional love?

Love unconditionally....that's one thing.....support unconditionally is another. You didn't ask if we loved them no matter what...but if we stood by them, no matter what. Love does not require us to support evil or sin.

As to your question I agree with b.hopeful's anwser.

AL, I am glad you are saying you do stand by your woman no matter what. If you mean stand by your spouse as in never disagree, I have to say no I have not stood by him because I have disagreed with him. But, if I am reading your posts right that you mean standing by your spouse as in leaving or staying than I can say I have stood by my man too.

I just have a problem with the "no matter what. That is way too open ended. I think most, if not all, have a line that cannot be crossed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums