Witnessing to Homosexuals

lenpettis74

Mar 8, 2009
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey all! Tonight my daughter and I went down to the local fair to pass out Gospel DVDs called "The Biggest Question" (wretchedradio.com) and ended up witnessing to a homosexual couple.

What I've noticed is that homosexuals hold on to that sin VERY tightly, and to bring it up as the sin that will send them to hell is entirely ineffective. We should remember that we have the 10 Cannons of God's Law to bring the knowledge of sin. Below is a link to the encounter. Please let me know how I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Imbzp0Gs0&feature=plcp

My 9 year old daughter was filming so please forgive the angle.

Last edited:

TRUEPeace

Jun 6, 2012
✟7,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think you did really well.
What I like to tell people is this, especially atheists.

"If I am wrong and you are right, I lose nothing "wasting" my time with Christ since I will cease to exist after I die and I will not be aware anymore, but if I am right and you are wrong I gain eternity and you lose your soul forever, isn't it more *logical* to accept Christ?"

Thou I find MANY MANY people just do not care, that is until it's to late, or until their own life is nearing an end. I have heard of many Christians who used to be atheist saying it is hard to deny God on your death bed.

Upvote 0

lenpettis74

Mar 8, 2009
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you did really well.
What I like to tell people is this, especially atheists.

"If I am wrong and you are right, I lose nothing "wasting" my time with Christ since I will cease to exist after I die and I will not be aware anymore, but if I am right and you are wrong I gain eternity and you lose your soul forever, isn't it more *logical* to accept Christ?"

Thou I find MANY MANY people just do not care, that is until it's to late, or until their own life is nearing an end. I have heard of many Christians who used to be atheist saying it is hard to deny God on your death bed.

Thanks for the encouraging words!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

trientje

May 23, 2012
✟8,577.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My experience when witnessing to homosexuals is they like to use the judgement card. Whenever scripture is discussed they say, do not judge me. The concept of hell with atheists and many unbelievers is, how could a loving God send someone to hell. that hell is unjust so therefore God is unjust. the reason they say this is they do not understand who God is. My experience has been that they show no interest in learning who God is. Has anyone else had these experiences?

Upvote 0

*Charis*

*Psalm 36:9*
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
✟33,182.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
Though your technique was good, I struggled with the
notion that these young guys are being 'labeled' on the
www. They needed to hear what you had to say, but
did you have their permission to tape them and show
it publically? (Love covers a multitude of sin...)

Upvote 0

trientje

May 23, 2012
✟8,577.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you know why they hold on to it I believe ? they enjoy it. and when we enjoy the sin we defend the sin and make excuses for it... Unfortunately, it does effect their soul.. We should pray that they are delivered from it.

Glory To God

I can not say that I understand homosexuals. That is I don't understand at all. I had a conversation with 2 other women one day. They both told me they believe that homosexuals are born like that. They told me about one of their customers who told them that she wouldn't be gay if she had the choice. Well, again I don't know. Is it a choice? So finally I said to these two women. I just don't understand but I do know what God says about it. At that point they became quiet and never said another word.

Upvote 0

lovemygod316

Jul 8, 2011
✟15,199.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've struggled with this particular sin, and still struggle in some ways. I feel that I was "born" bisexual, but I am now happily married to a woman and I try to pray the "other" part of my sexuality away. It's not always easy, as I really do believe that it is part of my nature.

BTW, to the original mseeage in this topic, I love Todd Friel and Wretched! It's been too long since I have watched or listened to him, but I'm gonna try to find his show again on TV. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Know they were naked. We are that immature spiritually. Shame within the soul will cause you to walk in darkness. Change paths so your soul can be free. If you wont stop then be honest regarding the sin with everyone and pray you dont kill anyone spiritu

Upvote 0

trientje

May 23, 2012
✟8,577.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've struggled with this particular sin, and still struggle in some ways. I feel that I was "born" bisexual, but I am now happily married to a woman and I try to pray the "other" part of my sexuality away. It's not always easy, as I really do believe that it is part of my nature.

BTW, to the original mseeage in this topic, I love Todd Friel and Wretched! It's been too long since I have watched or listened to him, but I'm gonna try to find his show again on TV. :)

Just always remember. We are all sinners. Its what we do about it that counts. I'm sorry you struggle. I have struggled with many things in my life. The best way for me is to confess and stay in the word. One day we will all be perfect. Praise God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums