Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was getting ready for the reading of the Book of Acts last night, prior to Liturgy, and a asked Fr. David if he knew what this coming Sunday is. He immediately responded "Is it your anniversary?"

Yes, one year chrismated into the fullness of the Christian faith. One glorious, wonderful, beautiful year, filled with all kinds of good things:

1. Great parish. Very active with many ministries, including for the children.

2. Lots of services. We have the full panoply of weekday and weekend services, including Great Vespers and Orthros on Sunday morning.

3. Wonderful people. This is really a family! I have met and made friends with so many wonderful people here. When you come to St. Mary's, you will be warmly welcomed.

4. GREAT priest! Fr. David is the best priest I have ever had. You can tell he loves his parish, his people and his Lord! His homiles are the best! I have learned a lot in my year.

5. Responsibilities. I have been made a real part of the family by being given several responsibilities: charge of the candles, setting up the live stream of services, and, of course, singing in the choir, which has been sheer joy for me. The first time we sang the Beatitudes, which I had never sung before nor heard, the beauty of the music had me wet-eyed! Our choir director is a genius and a gem to work with. Very patient and a great leader!

Also helps that I only have a 20 minute drive to get here. Some people, bless their hearts, drive for almost an hour to get to Sunday Divine Liturgy.

What a blessed year!

BUT WAIT!

THERE'S MORE!

Fr. David has invited me to go with him to assist him in blessing the graves of the faithful on Thomas Sunday. Fr. Deacon Nicholas suggested that I take my cassock and ask Fr. David to wear it at the graves. Could this be the door opening to altar service? Fr. Deacon Nicholas has already told me he wants me at the altar with them.

I would die for sheer joy if Fr. David suggested ordination to the sub-diaconate. (Wishing and hoping!)

WHAT
A
YEAR!!!

And finally, lest I forget, here's the best part of it all. When I first suggested Orthodoxy to my Roman Catholic wife, her hair caught fire! I put it on the back burner for three years and after praying to St. Paisios for his help, now she simply asks me if I am going to church and has not complained when I am gone a long time or have multiple services in one week. What an incredible change.

Thank you, St. Paisios, my patron saint!