Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
this year 'Good Friday' is on April 10th. Many of us will be partaking of the ever popular Easter egg which is always good for those wanting to gain a few extra calories (for burning off in the gym later)....

but

besides celebrating easter, will you make a conscious effort to remember the Passover... the day Jesus died. He was and is OUR Passover lamb, without spot or blemish, slain before the foundation of the world, for the atonement of sins, that our sins which are like scarlet maybe as white as snow. In him (and through his sacrifice) we have the forgiveness of sins, and by his blood (we who are gentiles) have been brought near (to the people of Israel, the household of God.)

So this year, even if you do not celebrate it, will you at least take the time to remember the Passover... the day our Messiah died so that we might live....

the date is sundown on Wednesday 8th April to Sundown on 9th April...

Steve

p.s. this as always is not meant to become an easter vs passover thread. Like the gifts of the Spirit, outlined in 1 Corinthians, Paul also (in the same book) admonishes believers, "For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth."

BillynJennifer

Veteran
Sep 16, 2005
KY
✟17,113.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
this year 'Good Friday' is on April 10th. Many of us will be partaking of the ever popular Easter egg which is always good for those wanting to gain a few extra calories (for burning off in the gym later)....

but

besides celebrating easter, will you make a conscious effort to remember the Passover... the day Jesus died. He was and is OUR Passover lamb, without spot or blemish, slain before the foundation of the world, for the atonement of sins, that our sins which are like scarlet maybe as white as snow. In him (and through his sacrifice) we have the forgiveness of sins, and by his blood (we who are gentiles) have been brought near (to the people of Israel, the household of God.)

So this year, even if you do not celebrate it, will you at least take the time to remember the Passover... the day our Messiah died so that we might live....

Steve

p.s. this as always is not meant to become an easter vs passover thread. Like the gifts of the Spirit, outlined in 1 Corinthians, Paul also (in the same book) admonishes believers, "For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth."

Our church (Presbyterian) celebrates a very watered down version Passover.

This year, my daughter is 5 years old and I would very much love to celebrate Passover with my daughter and my wife. Can you maybe PM a basic way to celebrate Passover?

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Our church (Presbyterian) celebrates a very watered down version Passover.

This year, my daughter is 5 years old and I would very much love to celebrate Passover with my daughter and my wife. Can you maybe PM a basic way to celebrate Passover?

Here is a site I found on observing Passover. It's from a Christian perspective and looks pretty good.

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
besides celebrating easter, will you make a conscious effort to remember the Passover...

I don't celebrate either day = too much drama by people who want others to feel a *need* to observe *days* instead of the Lord . I don't mind others celebrating them .

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
In My Father's Hands..No Safer Place To Be
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

but

Steve

:wave: Hi Friend..Funny you started this thread...I don't celebrate Easter, never really have when I think about it, now I know why.....the past few years the Lord has my attention to the Passover, and for me that is real deal, not the pagan Easter day.....that is what I look forward to...But, to each is his own..

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟723,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Apostle Paul - perhaps the first Messianic minister, one who was well familiar with Passover, a man of impeccable credentials:

circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee; concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Wrote the following:

23 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.

There is nothing wrong with celebrating Passover or Easter. I'd personally celebrate what Jesus shared on that Passover every time I eat. I remind myself of the NEW Covenant in His Blood three times a day, every day.

I had a card in my wallet that said:

Live each day as though Jesus
died yesterday
rose today
and is coming back tomorrow.

Upvote 0
H

HEisGoodalways

Question: "Should Christians celebrate Passover?"

Answer:
The celebration of Passover is in remembrance of the time in Israel’s history when the angel of the Lord moved through Egypt destroying the firstborn of all people and animals (see Exodus 11 and 12.) This was the final of the ten plagues God visited upon Egypt designed to force Pharaoh to let the Israelites leave the country and their captivity. The Israelites were commanded by God to take the blood of a male lamb—one without blemish—and smear it on the doorposts of their houses. When the angel of the Lord saw the blood, he would “pass over” that house. This is a foreshadowing of the spotless Lamb of God, Jesus, whose blood would cover the sins of those who believe in Him, causing God’s judgment to pass over them. Ever since that night, Jews have celebrated the Passover in remembrance of God’s grace to them.

There has been an explosion of interest in adapting the Passover festival to Christianity. Various organizations, such as Jews for Jesus, have long promoted Christian Passover services as a means for Messianic Jews to retain their cultural heritage while professing their Christian faith. They have also used the Christian Passover as a means to communicate to Christians the Jewish religious heritage that they value. Many of the rituals associated with the Passover Seder have application to the Christian faith, and a Christian celebration of the Passover provides a unique way to bring the story of salvation to the ceremony.

Whether or not a Christian celebrates Passover would be a matter of conscience for the individual Christian. Like all the Old Testament Jewish Feasts, the Passover Feast was a foreshadowing of Christ’s atoning work on the cross. Colossians 2:16-17 tells us that we should “let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ” (NKJV). Christians are no longer bound to observe the Passover feast the way the Old Testament Jews were, but they should not look down upon another believer who does or does not observe the Passover or other special Jewish days and feasts (Romans 14:5).

While it is not required for Christians to celebrate the Passover, it is beneficial to study it and could be beneficial to celebrate it if it leads to a greater understanding and appreciation for Christ’s death and resurrection. The Passover is a wonderful picture of Christ’s atonement for His people and His deliverance of us from the bondage of sin. That is something we should celebrate every day of our lives.

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
In My Father's Hands..No Safer Place To Be
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Answer: The celebration of Passover is in remembrance of the time in Israel’s history when the angel of the Lord moved through Egypt destroying the firstborn of all people and animals (see Exodus 11 and 12.) This was the final of the ten plagues God visited upon Egypt designed to force Pharaoh to let the Israelites leave the country and their captivity. The Israelites were commanded by God to take the blood of a male lamb—one without blemish—and smear it on the doorposts of their houses. When the angel of the Lord saw the blood, he would “pass over” that house. This is a foreshadowing of the spotless Lamb of God, Jesus, whose blood would cover the sins of those who believe in Him, causing God’s judgment to pass over them. Ever since that night, Jews have celebrated the Passover in remembrance of God’s grace to them.

There has been an explosion of interest in adapting the Passover festival to Christianity. Various organizations, such as Jews for Jesus, have long promoted Christian Passover services as a means for Messianic Jews to retain their cultural heritage while professing their Christian faith. They have also used the Christian Passover as a means to communicate to Christians the Jewish religious heritage that they value. Many of the rituals associated with the Passover Seder have application to the Christian faith, and a Christian celebration of the Passover provides a unique way to bring the story of salvation to the ceremony.

Whether or not a Christian celebrates Passover would be a matter of conscience for the individual Christian. Like all the Old Testament Jewish Feasts, the Passover Feast was a foreshadowing of Christ’s atoning work on the cross. Colossians 2:16-17 tells us that we should “let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ” (NKJV). Christians are no longer bound to observe the Passover feast the way the Old Testament Jews were, but they should not look down upon another believer who does or does not observe the Passover or other special Jewish days and feasts (Romans 14:5).

While it is not required for Christians to celebrate the Passover, it is beneficial to study it and could be beneficial to celebrate it if it leads to a greater understanding and appreciation for Christ’s death and resurrection. The Passover is a wonderful picture of Christ’s atonement for His people and His deliverance of us from the bondage of sin. That is something we should celebrate every day of our lives.

Pretty much...:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
H

HEisGoodalways

Our celebrating is every day in the Lord , feasting on His Word, the bread of life, and getting filled with the new wine of the Holy Spirit and go out with joy and be led forth with peace into divine appointments. touching the world with His goodness

Its ok to celebrate certain days, but make sure we don't neglect the daily intamacy

They ate the manna daily!!

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

Answer:
The celebration of Passover is in remembrance of the time in Israel’s history when the angel of the Lord moved through Egypt destroying the firstborn of all people and animals (see Exodus 11 and 12.) This was the final of the ten plagues God visited upon Egypt designed to force Pharaoh to let the Israelites leave the country and their captivity. The Israelites were commanded by God to take the blood of a male lamb—one without blemish—and smear it on the doorposts of their houses. When the angel of the Lord saw the blood, he would “pass over” that house. This is a foreshadowing of the spotless Lamb of God, Jesus, whose blood would cover the sins of those who believe in Him, causing God’s judgment to pass over them. Ever since that night, Jews have celebrated the Passover in remembrance of God’s grace to them.

intellectualism is the curse of the church....

the scriptures say, "Taste and see that the Lord is good". This day is not a day for Israel. It is not a day for the church. It is not a day for the individual. This is God's appointed time. This day was chosen before the world was even created. Unless we eat and actually join in the day God Himself chose, then we will simply be the bringers of scriptural facts (types, shadows, etc) and have no practical understanding of them.

Steve

p.s. the greek is 'shadow of things that are coming' (i.e. in the future, the age to come).

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
intellectualism is the curse of the church....

the scriptures say, "Taste and see that the Lord is good". This day is not a day for Israel. It is not a day for the church. It is not a day for the individual. This is God's appointed time. This day was chosen before the world was even created. Unless we eat and actually join in the day God Himself chose, then we will simply be the bringers of scriptural facts (types, shadows, etc) and have no practical understanding of them.

Steve

p.s. the greek is 'shadow of things that are coming' (i.e. in the future, the age to come).
:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.