Will You Argue With the Word of God? This is Who the Word of God Says You are..

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have been made right with God in Christ. And when I say I am not boasting that I have made myself right with Christ. I am boasting in Him because He has made me right.

I don't believe I have ever made a cutting remark or ever tried to hurt you. I have presented truth to the best of my knowledge that you didn't agree with and presented it in a firm manner, but if you think I have ever been cutting I apologize if I've ever offended you, that is never my intention.

But the truth is Jim, you are the righteousness of Christ and you shouldn't be timid in boasting about that fact, because its not you, you fail to boast in, but Him.

Nothing personal in my statement, CA. Just a general observation.
Here’s another one.
Do you really think that your team is going to convince the Christian world of the rightness of your beliefs by lampooning them at every occasion - you know, those that highly-visible ones in your group who regularly accuse the rest of us of teaching a Doctrine of Defeat and desiring suffering over pleasure and pumping themselves up as examples of what we should be. When are you guys going to learn that alienating people never wins anyone to anything.
[Excuse the following lampoon, but I think many in your group understand biting satire only too well.]
So, here you have a poorly-educated guy unable to rightly divide the word of truth wearing a purple 3,000 suit, with an out-of-date pompadour, driving an expensive pimp-mobile, living in a 10-bedroom mansion that looks like it was designed by Elvis Interiors, on a gaudy TV set, with scandal following him everywhere he goes, patting himself on the back and telling me I should be more like him.
No thanks.
And if he is going to ridicule other Christians (which includes me) in the process and try to convince me/us that he is onto some new truth hidden (I suppose) from the world for 2000 years, I am just not interested in his new slant on theology. Sorry, but from here it is just not that appealing. I just don’t want to be like him, thankyaverymuch. I don’t need that kind of person to tell me what I should be when it is obvious something serious is missing from his own life. I am very happy with the faith I embrace and recognize what the Lord has done for me and certainly do not try to explain away those times when he chastens me or to blame what God is doing in/to/through my life on the devil just because I do not like it. WOF’ers never grow beyond their limited proof-texts because they do not recognize discipline when it comes and often explain away the chastenings of the Lord as attacks of the enemy.
But the worst thing about this twisted teaching is that it is way too self-centered. Christianity is not about me, CA, it’s about Christ and it’s about others. God left me on this planet to serve Him and others, not to be served by Him and others. I may be a king and a priest in God’s sight, but in my own eyes I need to remember I am also his slave - But now you are free from the power of sin and have become slaves of God, Romans 6.22.

~Jim

Reactions: simpleone
Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I appreciate your efforts, but why do you insist on skipping over passages like the followinjg which are, strangely and conveneiently, missing :
I am a debtor Rom 1.14
I am carnal Rom 7.14
O wretched man that I am Rom 7.24
I am least 1 Cor 15.9
I am weak 2 Cor 12.10
I am nothing 2 Cor 12.11
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.
We are supposed to declare the full counsel of God, not just the parts that make us feel good about ourselves. For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God, Acts 20.27.

~Jim

There are two classes of people in the world: those who divide the world into classes and those who don’t.

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Romans 6:18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.

Oooh..there's that word again! Righteousness! I can't believe Jesus loved me enough to impute His righteousness to me. What an awesome God I serve! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
17 For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,

21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Our Lord is so beautiful. What an amazing gift He gave!
:)

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't believe Jesus loved me enough to impute His righteousness to me. What an awesome God I serve!
Thanks for making my point. It’s the personal pronouns that cause your views to lose credibility in the ears of others. In one proof styatement you mentioned yourself more than you did Him.

With all due respect, HG, Christianity is not about you – it’s about Him. Service to Christ is about what we do for Him, not what He is doing for us.

~Jim

There are two classes of people in the world: those who divide the world into classes and those who don’t.

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for making my point. It’s the personal pronouns that cause your views to lose credibility in the ears of others. In one proof styatement you mentioned yourself more than you did Him.

With all due respect, HG, Christianity is not about you – it’s about Him. Service to Christ is about what we do for Him, not what He is doing for us.

~Jim

Are you judging me, Jim? My faith is in the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for me. And then He sends me out to love on others. I love Jesus. He never told me that 'I' was a dirty word. In fact, I think he told me to love others as I love myself.

edited to add: I used to suffer from horrid shyness and self-doubt. The Lord took me through an amazing experience that began with the Holy Spirit saying "All your life your sister has taught you that you were unlovable...but I am here to show you how much I love you..." What He showed me got down into my dna. If I can't see myself the way God sees me, I am ineffective in leading others out of the bondage of feeling unlovable.

Call it pride if you want.... God wanted me to feel lovable and I do.

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Goodness Jim, Dana has never boasted of herself or been less than humble and sweet, and she has plenty of credibility here among us for her love and integrity, so stop accusing her of pride!

I love Dana too, LIMB , and have really gleaned a lot from her posts. This particular view, however, is not a point of agreement and I am trying to make my remarks general and not specific even although, admittedly, I used her own statement as an example of why I find the objective of the OP objectionable ~ it overlooks too many other scriptures that lend balance to it.

So, HG, please do not take my remarks personal. I am simply trying to view this subject from another perspective.

~Jim

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hisgirl,
Thanks for posting those scriptures ,
I needed a fresh reminder to encourage me.
In Christ,.....................Shawners

You're welcome Shawners. I have spent hundreds of hours with a young man who has been suicidal. The majority of our time is spent trying to change how he sees himself. I'm seeing this as a huge crippler in the body of Christ.

The enemy highlights our faults and failures but the light of the Lord shines on our Daddy's footprints so we can follow Him and come into agreement that we are 'partakers of the divine nature' (2 Peter 1:4)

I love Dana too, LIMB , and have really gleaned a lot from her posts. This particular view, however, is not a point of agreement and I am trying to make my remarks general and not specific even although, admittedly, I used her own statement as an example of why I find the objective of the OP objectionable ~ it overlooks too many other scriptures that lend balance to it.

So, HG, please do not take my remarks personal. I am simply trying to view this subject from another perspective.

~Jim

Your comments have indeed become personal and I have found it hard not to get my feelings hurt, Jim.

I am fully comfortable being utterly full of glee that God has imputed the righteouness of Jesus to my spirit.

I spent my life wearing the accusatory labels satan whispered. However, God called me an overcomer and gave me a new name. In fact, every time I read His word, I'm reminded how He sees me.

God is equipping us with a revelation of our new identity, one that has shaken off the grave clothes and put on the breastplate of righteousness. That is one armour that the darts of condemnation cannot penetrate. Praise God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're welcome Shawners. I have spent hundreds of hours with a young man who has been suicidal. The majority of our time is spent trying to change how he sees himself. I'm seeing this as a huge crippler in the body of Christ.

The enemy highlights our faults and failures but the light of the Lord shines on our Daddy's footprints so we can follow Him and come into agreement that we are 'partakers of the divine nature' (2 Peter 1:4)

Your comments have indeed become personal and I have found it hard not to get my feelings hurt, Jim.

I am fully comfortable being utterly full of glee that God has imputed the righteouness of Jesus to my spirit.

I spent my life wearing the accusatory labels satan whispered. However, God called me an overcomer and gave me a new name. In fact, every time I read His word, I'm reminded how He sees me.

God is equipping us with a revelation of our new identity, one that has shaken off the grave clothes and put on the breastplate of righteousness. That is one armour that the darts of condemnation cannot penetrate. Praise God!

I guess I just do not identify, HG. I have always had a good opinion of myself and never, except on rare occasion, felt the need to be propped up. I know some do and this selective use of scripture attracts those whose self-image is damaged. Only problem is, it does not always solve their identity problem and only gives them proof-texts they can use against others. What you wind up is a fellowship of people with poor self-images trying to pretend they are something they secretly feel they are not. What they need to know is that grace means that there is nothing they can do to make God love them more and there is nothing they can do to make God love them less. That is my definition (borrowed from Philip Yancey) of grace.

I am one of those who do not need to be propped up. What I need is to be reminded that I am not as hot as I sometimes think I am. Maybe some of us need a reality check every now and then and reminded that I need Christ. I do not need to be told how great I am but how dependent on Christ I should be.

~Jim

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good for you Jim! :thumbsup: I'm happy that God has given you a revelation of who you are in Christ and you don't believe the lies of the enemy. I hope God allows you to impart this knowlege to many who are crippled in their own false sense of identifying with their old man, bound by sins and failures. Praise God that you walk in freedom!! :clap:

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟136,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

:thumbsup:

Right on! Don't let anyone steal your joy or your assurity of who you are in Christ!

God chose YOU! Really! And that "you" is in the general sense and applies to everyone here. He knew we weren't worthy, so He made a way for us to become worthy, by imputing righteousness into us.

That's AMAZING grace!

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
:thumbsup: Do you have it set to music? I'd love to hear it!!
well, yes, i do, but i don't really have the means to let you hear it..... i'm hoping that when we move, we'll have access to a better server and i'll be able to send sound files......

and now, back to our topic :laugh:

blessings
tal

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

youthwalk

Kimpa Vita
Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
✟47,713.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have eternal life. John 3:36[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have passed from death into life. John 5:24[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Out of my innermost being flows rivers of living water. John 7:38[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The truth has set me free. John 8:31-32[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]If I ask what God has promised, in Jesus name, He will do it. John 14:14[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am in Christ, and Christ is in me. John 14:20[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have peace. John 14:27[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am loved by Jesus. John 15:9[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am loved by the Father. John 16:27[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I belong to God. I am His. John 17:9[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am protected from the evil one. John 17:15 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am sanctified in the truth of God's Word. John 17:17[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have been sent into the world. John 17:18[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have God's glory. John 17:22[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am in Christ and loved by the Father. John 17:23[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have forgiveness of sins through Christ. Acts 13:38[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have been freed from all things. Acts 13:39[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am among the called of Jesus Christ. Romans 1:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am beloved of God, a saint. Romans 1:7[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have been justified by faith, and I have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have grace through faith. Romans 5:2[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have perseverance, character and hope. Romans 5:3-4[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The love of God has been poured out in my heart through Jesus' death. Romans 5:5[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have been saved by His life. Romans 5:10[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I reign in life through the one Christ Jesus. Romans 5:17[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have been made righteous through the obedience of Christ. Romans 5:19[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have died to sin. Romans 6:2 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have been baptized into Christ's death. Romans 6:3[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have been raised from the dead to walk in newness of life. Romans 6:4[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have been crucified with Christ. Romans 6:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am no longer a slave to sin. Romans 6:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am dead to sin and live to God in Christ Jesus. Romans 6:11[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am not under law, but under grace. Romans 6:14[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am a slave of righteousness. Romans 6:18[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have now no condemnation. Romans 8:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have been set free from the law of sin and of death. Romans 8:2[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have life in my mortal body through His Spirit who indwells me. Romans 8:11[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am a child of God. Romans 8:16[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am an heir of God and fellow heir with Christ. Romans 8:17[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]All things are working together for my good. Romans 8:28[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have been justified and glorified. Romans 8:30[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have a measure of faith. Romans 12:3[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have been given gifts. Romans 12:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Whether I live or die, I am the Lord's. Romans 14:8[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am full of goodness and filled with all knowledge, as it is given by the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:14[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am a sanctified saint in Jesus Christ. I Cor. 1:2[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have been given the grace of God in Christ Jesus. I Cor. 1:4[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]In Him I have been enriched in every way. I Cor. 1:5[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am not lacking in any spiritual gift. I Cor. 1:7[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am called into fellowship with Jesus Christ my Lord. I Cor. 1:9[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am in Christ Jesus who gives me wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption. I Cor. 1:30[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have been given God's Spirit so I can understand what God has freely given. I Cor. 2:12[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have the mind of Christ. I Cor. 2:16[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am God's fellow-worker, I am God's field, God's building. I Cor. 3:9[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am a temple of God in which the Spirit of God indwells. I Cor. 3:16[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am a holy temple of God. I Cor. 3:17[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]All things belong to me, as I belong to Christ. I Cor. 3:21-22[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am one spirit with Christ. I Cor. 6:17[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in me. I Cor. 6:19[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have been bought with a price, and I can honor God with my body. I Cor. 6:20[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am Christ's slave. I Cor. 7:22[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I will be raised from the dead imperishable. I Cor. 15:52[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I will put on immortality. I Cor. 15:53[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am comforted by God, so I can comfort others. 2 Cor. 1:4[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am delivered from the peril of death. 2 Cor. 1:10[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]He anointed me, and put His seal of ownership on me. 2 Cor. 1:22[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am a sweet aroma of the knowledge of Christ. 2 Cor. 2:14[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am a fragrance of Christ to God among both the saved and the lost. 2 Cor. 2:15[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am a letter of Christ. 2 Cor. 3:3[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am a minister of the new covenant of the Spirit of life. 2 Cor. 3:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am being transformed into the likeness of the Lord ever increasingly with glory from God. 2 Cor. 3:18[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have received mercy, and do not lose heart. 2 Cor. 4:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have the Holy Spirit in my body. 2 Cor. 4:7[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The life of Jesus is manifested in my body. 2 Cor. 4:10[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]My inner man is being renewed day by day. 2 Cor. 4:16[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 Cor. 5:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I live by faith, not by sight. 2 Cor. 5:7[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am a new creation in Christ, old things have passed away, and all things have become new. 2 Cor. 5:17[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am reconciled to God through Christ, and I have been give the ministry of reconciliation. 2 Cor. 5:18[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am an ambassador for Christ, imploring people to be reconciled to God. 2 Cor. 5:20[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. 2 Cor. 5:21[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have grace from God so I can abound in every good work. 2 Cor. 9:8[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am Christ's. 2 Cor. 10:7[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Jesus Christ is in me. 2 Cor. 13:5[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am crucified with Christ. I no longer live but Christ lives in me, and the life that I live now, I live by faith. Gal. 2:20[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am a son of God through faith in Christ Jesus. Gal. 3:26[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am one in Christ Jesus with all believers. Gal. 3:28[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I belong to Christ. I am an heir according to the promise. Gal. 3:29[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am a son of God. Gal. 4:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God. Gal. 4:7[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have the fruit of the Spirit, which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Gal. 5:22-23[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have grace and peace. Eph. 1:2[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am blessed with every spiritual blessings in the heavenly places in Christ. Eph. 1:3[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am chosen in Him. Eph. 1:4[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am holy and blameless in His sight. Eph. 1:4[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am a son through Jesus Christ. Eph. 1:5[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am accepted in the beloved. Eph. 1:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have redemption and forgiveness. Eph. 1:7[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have obtained an inheritance. Eph. 1:11[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have been sealed in Him with the promised Holy Spirit. Eph. 1:13[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am sealed with Christ in the heavenlies. Eph. 1:20[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I have all things under my feet. Eph. 1:22[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I am loved by God. Eph. 2:4[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13[/FONT]​
There are so many more...and they all call me to reflect my Daddy's character. This isn't bragging. It's my family tree. Amen!
ADNIUT167.gif

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you are going to claim to be the righteousness of God in Christ then I think you should act like it.
I have to agree with you, Jim. We are to wholly conformed to Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, here you have a poorly-educated guy unable to rightly divide the word of truth wearing a purple 3,000 suit, with an out-of-date pompadour, driving an expensive pimp-mobile, living in a 10-bedroom mansion that looks like it was designed by Elvis Interiors, on a gaudy TV set, with scandal following him everywhere he goes, patting himself on the back and telling me I should be more like him.

No thanks. ~Jim
Thankfully, I've not run into this sort of fellow. I don't think I would like it one bit either, but then I don't entertain a spirit that is way off. I turn the TV off, or bypass reading an ugly post. Sometimes I think the Lord just steers me to what is good, for that is what I hunger and thirst for. And He surely satisfies. :D

Hallelujah. He deserves all the praise for He is good!

Of course, the part that bothers me is not his gaudy tastes, that's his business, but the fact that he would try to lead others while he is yet in sin, gross sin from what you describe.

I've learned/am learning to be patient with others, and to bear with the weaknesses of others. The Lord has instructed me through His Word to pray for them, just as I desire they would do for me if I am overtaken in a sin. Sometimes, not always, but sometimes it is apprpriate for us to approach the one in sin, depending on our relationship with them. It is never appropriate to judge, or to get into an argument. That is the work of the flesh.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I am very happy with the faith I embrace and recognize what the Lord has done for me and certainly do not try to explain away those times when he chastens me or to blame what God is doing in/to/through my life on the devil just because I do not like it. WOF’ers never grow beyond their limited proof-texts because they do not recognize discipline when it comes and often explain away the chastenings of the Lord as attacks of the enemy.

~Jim
It's important to recognnize what is from God and what is from the enemy, and I think you would agree with that much, Jim. I don't want to steer away from the topic too much, but I couldn't let this pass, only b/c I see only too often people getting this confused. I suppose this has already been a thread in and of itself, and should be. There's lots of ground to cover here. It is clearly written in John 15 what the Lord uses to chasten us - His Word.

Jesus said we are clean through the Word He has spoken to us. Heb. 12 goes into it too.

Haven't you ever read your Bible, Jim, and felt a mighty wave of conviction come over you, as the Holy Spirit will highlight something, or say something directly to you? Whenever He shows you or me our sin, He is correcting us. And I thank Him for it! I want to rid of it, and to go in the right way. Correction is a blessing!

I don't think it takes a degree to figure out that car accidents and cancers are not blessings! My children knew that when they were small! I didn't have to teach them that. You have to brainwash yourself into thinking these are good things.

Yet, I do understand how people cry out to God in difficult times, sometimes. Some people curse God in those times. So if it were a form of chastening, it is not always effective, for not every recipient attributes it to God in the first place. Yet, the Word of God, well, there's no mistaking where that came from!

Yes, we need to cry out to the Lord and seek Him in difficult times. And just as much, we need to cry out to the Lord and seek Him in every good thing! Point is, we're to seek Him at all times, and we should be proclaiming Jesus to everyone always.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I guess I just do not identify, HG. I have always had a good opinion of myself and never, except on rare occasion, felt the need to be propped up.

I am one of those who do not need to be propped up. What I need is to be reminded that I am not as hot as I sometimes think I am. Maybe some of us need a reality check every now and then and reminded that I need Christ. I do not need to be told how great I am but how dependent on Christ I should be.

I couldn't help but think of the scripture that says every mountain will be laid low, and every valley exalted.

Yes, the Lord certainly knows how to deal with us individually.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.