Will the Paraclete vacate his dwelling in a believer?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,325.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus spoke of the Paraclete in John 14:
15 "If you love Me, you will keepe My commandments. 16And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate [Paraclete] to be with you forever".
23b “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
The Paraclete represents the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. After he has come to dwell in a believer, will he move out later?

I don't think so, Ephesians 4:
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
It is possible to grieve the Holy Spirit even while he dwells in you. But the Paraclete won't vacate his dwelling in you. This is what I believe. You are free to believe otherwise.

1 John 2:
26 I write these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you. 27 But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.
This abiding bond is mutual. Can I undo this abiding in him? Can I depart from this mutually abiding bond?

No, I cannot. This is what I believe. You are free to believe otherwise.
28 And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming. 29If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.

I don't think I can be unborn of the Paraclete.

See also Once saved, always saved?.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radicchio

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus spoke of the Paraclete in John 14:

The Paraclete represents the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. After he has come to dwell in a believer, will he move out later?

I don't think so, Ephesians 4:

It is possible to grieve the Holy Spirit even while he dwells in you. But the Paraclete won't vacate his dwelling in you. This is what I believe. You are free to believe otherwise.

1 John 2:

This abiding bond is mutual. Can I undo this abiding in him? Can I depart from this mutually abiding bond?

No, I cannot. This is what I believe. You are free to believe otherwise.
So " once saved always saved" is your position? What of apostasy?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ask your question at Once saved, always saved?, the relevant data is over there :)
It went a bit off topic. That being said , I agree that if one remains in Him, He will remain in them. Abiding is mutual however, if apostasy creeps in the Holy Spirit is quenched and could lead to a mutual falling away.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,325.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It went a bit off topic. That being said , I agree that if one remains in Him, He will remain in them. Abiding is mutual however, if apostasy creeps in the Holy Spirit is quenched and could lead to a mutual falling away.
Define salvation.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Define salvation.
Salvation is a precious gift from God through His Son , Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Those who believe in Him and receive His Holy Spirit will not suffer the "second death".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,325.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Defection or renunciation from one's faith. Abandon.
According to your definitions, one can certainly lose his salvation through apostasy since neither of them necessarily involves the Paraclete.

Upvote 0