Will some on the left resort to violence?

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Opinion | A ‘Night of Rage’ on Abortion

A ‘Night of Rage’ on Abortion

The shadowy group Jane’s Revenge issues a call to ‘riot’ against the Supreme Court if it overturns Roe v. Wade.

As the nine Justices prepare to issue their final opinions of the current term, barricades are going up around the Supreme Court building. It’s a sad but necessary security measure because violence can’t be ruled out in response to the rulings.

The threat is explicit on abortion, as the arrest of an armed man outside Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s home attests. Demonstrators continue to protest outside the homes of some Justices, and now comes a vow from the shadowy group that calls itself Jane’s Revenge to commit what sounds like what Democrats would call insurrection if it were aimed at another part of government.

A friend last week sent a photo of a flyer popping up around Washington. “DC CALL TO ACTION NIGHT OF RAGE,” it declares. “THE NIGHT SCOTUS OVERTURNS ROE V. WADE HIT THE STREETS YOU SAID YOU’D RIOT.”

It continues: “‘TO OUR OPPRESSORS: IF ABORTIONS AREN’T SAFE, YOU’RE NOT EITHER.’ JANE’S REVENGE.”
Instead of getting politically active, some on the left think rage and violence will force Justices to kowtow to their demands.

Will there be added security at the Justices homes or at the Court? Will fires be set and officers injured as in the past times there were nights of rage?

Is the President calling for peace and if not, why not?

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
from the link:

The Jane’s Revenge threats have received little attention in the rest of the press, but we hope the Washington, D.C., and Capitol police are much better prepared than they were for the riots of 2020 and 2021. The Justices and the Court as a democratic institution have to be protected.
Will the DOJ investigate them (Janes Revenge) as domestic terrorist for openly inciting riots?

Why are they still on Twitter?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
iu

Capture.JPG

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,376.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hopefully authorities are keeping an eye on them.
Its interesting to me as an outsider, that in one moment Americans say they need guns so they can defend themselves against government and in another moment they rely on authorities, FED or president when they are afraid of something.

Do the people on the left have guns too, do they also have the right to defend against government? It starts to look confusing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟589,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If something is really a treasure for you, and someone effectively messes with it . . . yes you could become violent . . . if God is not your real number-one treasure.

And in my opinion . . . some number of women doing an abortion can be killing the future person who they fear will ruin their lives if they allow that one to be born and grow up. They are murdering "in effigy" the one they suppose their unborn will become, whether they realize this or not. And/or, at this point ones could be in a way killing the conservative activists who they feel are trying to dictate their morals.

So, if someone can do this, yes they can do other violence, also.

But, of course, not all cases of abortion are like this, and the ones doing it are not all alike.

But I used to be told how women could use coat hangers to try to abort their children, and they themselves could bleed to death because of the damage done by the coat hanger. Ones could take such a risk because they dreaded the shame of having a child out of wedlock, and they so treasured their social acceptance that they could murder their own children in order to keep accepted. Again, though . . . not all have done the same thing for the same reason.

But there are ones who value social acceptance with people who do not even know how to love them and be there for them, and they can actually kill their unborn with whom they could have real love . . . learning how to love, in the process.

"'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

You need to forgive people who do not know how to love you, instead of going along with their psychological terrorism . . . how they can hold social acceptance hostage, in order to get their demands met . . . even that you would kill someone in order to stay acceptable to them. They need to find out how to love. And yes they can get quite violent if they don't get their pleasure that they treasure.

• Useful
Reactions: Jake Arsenal
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟438,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Its interesting to me as an outsider, that in one moment Americans say they need guns so they can defend themselves against government and in another moment they rely on authorities, FED or president when they are afraid of something.

Do the people on the left have guns too, do they also have the right to defend against government? It starts to look confusing.
Americans are pretty diverse, ideologically. What one group says often cant be dovetailed with the opinions of another group.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,376.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Americans are pretty diverse, ideologically. What one group says often cant be dovetailed with the opinions of another group.
"Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand."
Mt 12:25

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟438,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand."
Mt 12:25
That might be prophetic regarding the USA. Otoh we already did have a brutal civil war.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,376.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That might be prophetic regarding the USA. Otoh we already did have a brutal civil war.
I hope you will get united as a nation. The current world needs stable and democratic USA.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟589,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You're not an outsider! :)

My opinion is the ones for guns want guns . . . in case the government goes rogue. But they expect the government not to do that, but to protect them. But in case the government doesn't, they want to be ready with their guns.

May be . . . certain "left" activists want to take down democratic government. But guns might not be so effective for discrediting the government. But burning buildings can be more effective, because that hurts people's chances of making their money. And there could be plenty of people who value their own money more than they are really worried about other people's lives. So, burning buildings and doing a lot of yelling and screaming can make more of an impression.

And . . . by the way . . . that guy who went to the Supreme Court justice's place could have easily stayed undetected when he saw there were deputies guarding the place. So, why ever did he phone them on 911 and tell him he was there to kill the justice? My opinion is he wanted to make an impression, but without being charged with actual murder. The psychological effect has been . . . enough to get attention.

And getting attention can be a more effective weapon than guns and killing. Partly, because the kills might not get much attention, for all someone knows.

Control the attention.

Beware of how your attention is being invested!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟438,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Maybe the better question would be:

Why do citizens living in a democratic republic resort to violence?
When the democratic republic gets re-engineered to enshrine permanent minority rule, I could see people getting upset.

I mean, our founding docs list lack of representation (among other things) as a justification for revolution.

Upvote 0

Jake Arsenal

Mar 2, 2021
Celestial City
✟47,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It is even more confusing on the inside.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,376.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My opinion is the ones for guns want guns . . . in case the government goes rogue.

If there are many extremist groups with a lot of members from all spectrum of politics, then I am afraid that in any moment the government is tyrannical in the view of some of them and therefore they think they have "the right" to fight/to resist.

For example, the same Americans who blame their president for unemployment or something like that, are not willing to listen to him when he asks them to wear masks because of pandemics... so it seems to be inconsistent or better to say confusing, ale least from the outside view (from Europe).

It seemed that half of Americans blamed their president for not distributing vaccination quickly enough and the other half blamed him for secret injection of microchips or being the Antichrist (the theme of Antichrist repeats basically with every US president).

So, do Americans want their government to rule and to protect or not...? Or only sometimes?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟206,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's Godly Grace vs the world's cynicism.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,376.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I mean, our founding docs list lack of representation (among other things) as a justification for revolution.
When for example anarchists or muslims, pro-abortionist, anti-abortionists or whoever will get a feeling their ideas are not represented in the American society enough, they have a legal right to start a violent revolution?

Upvote 0