newburgh
✟115,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are many passages in the Bible that express or imply that Jesus will be here again. Jesus himself says in John 14:3, “...if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also...” So we can presume that Jesus will be here a second time at least. Here, we should also note that Hebrews 9:28 says, “So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.” So Jesus will appear a second time to save those who want to be saved. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 implies that Jesus will also be here to bring up people deserving of being in God’s Kingdom who were missed the first time.

What about a third time? I ask because 2 Peter 3:10 says “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.” Commentators write that this passage refers to the Lord Jesus. Seems that when Jesus appears this time, it will be when the things that God created will be destroyed. Seems that Jesus may be too busy here amongst the rubble to save people, which is why we may wonder if Jesus would be here a third time, amongst the rubble, after being here a second time to save those who want to be saved.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 implies that Jesus will also be here to bring up people deserving of being in God’s Kingdom who were missed the first time...or would it be the second time? If not, perhaps it could be a third time Jesus is here?

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There are many passages in the Bible that express or imply that Jesus will be here again. Jesus himself says in John 14:3, “...if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also...” So we can presume that Jesus will be here a second time at least. Here, we should also note that Hebrews 9:28 says, “So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.” So Jesus will appear a second time to save those who want to be saved. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 implies that Jesus will also be here to bring up people deserving of being in God’s Kingdom who were missed the first time.

What about a third time? I ask because 2 Peter 3:10 says “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.” Commentators write that this passage refers to the Lord Jesus. Seems that when Jesus appears this time, it will be when the things that God created will be destroyed. Seems that Jesus may be too busy here amongst the rubble to save people, which is why we may wonder if Jesus would be here a third time, amongst the rubble, after being here a second time to save those who want to be saved.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 implies that Jesus will also be here to bring up people deserving of being in God’s Kingdom who were missed the first time...or would it be the second time? If not, perhaps it could be a third time Jesus is here?
Jesus already came the first time, the Second will be for His saved, the third for condemnation of sin and sinners The Second Coming He will be coming back for His saints, this is the first resurrection

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for [a]a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

When Jesus comes His saints will meet Him in the air 1 Thess 4:17 and they will reign with Him 1000 years and indicates the saints will go up with Him as the devil will be bound on earth all sinners dead and will have no one to deceive for 1000 years. This is the first resurrection for the saved. God is going to want to spend time with His people during the 1000 years of peace as I am sure the saints will have lots of questions and will want to understand why some loved ones didn’t make it. It also talks about judging the angles 1 Corinthians 6:3 (wicked) so the saints will have a clear picture the controversy between God and satan and how that affected all mankind.

The second resurrection (third coming) is for the condemnation of the wicked and sin and sinners will be destroyed once and for all including Satan, the father of deception and sin.

Revelation 20: 7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where[b]the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. 11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before [c]God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

God’s Word Psa 119:105 is the manual on how to be written in the Book of Life and Jesus led By example 1 John 2:6

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus himself says in John 14:3, “...if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also...” So
He is speaking of His indwelling through His Holy Spirit here.
Blessings

• John 14:16-17: "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you."
  • John 16:7 :Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
  • John 14: 23: Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0