Wierdest double standard

When is violence acceptible as a response?

• I am hetero, I WOULD react violently to homosexual unwanted advances

• I am homosexual, I WOULD react violently to homosexual unwanted advances

• I am homosexual I would NOT react violently to homosexual unwanted advances

• I am hetero, I would NOT react violently to homosexual unwanted advances

• I am hetero, I WOULD react violently to unwanted hetero advances

• I am homosexual, I WOULD react violently to unwanted hetero advances

• I am homosexual, I would NOT react violently to unwanted hetero advances

• I am hetero, I would NOT react violently to unwanted hetero advances

Results are only viewable after voting.

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
And why would you "get up and move" if someone was talking about how the color of your shirt complemented the color of your eyes, when you would probably strike up a conversation with someone who said the color of the clouds at sunset complemented the color of the autumn trees? If not fear, then why? And if fear, on what rational basis? Fear without rational basis is panic. Especially when that fear causes you to change your behavior.

There is a rational basis in the case of the homeless man arguing with Nixon. There is a provable statistical correlation between being delusional in that sort of manner and unpredictable, often violent, outbursts.

But neither artistically inclined people nor gays have any more likelihood of turning out to be violent rapists than any other random person who might happen to sit down next to you.
I didn't describe fear, concern for someones state of mind doesn't have to dictate fear. If it was fear I wouldn't be talking to them at all.
I would simply avoid them at first site.

You know from reading your post, as you've been "studying" mine. It seems more and more that you've separated yourself from common human emotions in order to get a better grasp of them.
Effectively moving yourself further away from your goal.

As I said, if a person is violent, they're going to want to prove dominance and make it clear that no harm can come to them. They'll do this through the use of violence. That's not fear either, it's a statement of clarification.
That's a violent persons way of making it very clear that they're not interested.

As I'm not violent, I make it clear by leaving.

Instead of explaining I leave. Because I dont think the person I'm walking away from will understand exactly what my explanation means to me.
However, just walking away from them, makes it crystal clear more often then not.
Same goes for a punch in the face.

I've never hit anyone for just talking to me, but I feel given the people reading this post I need to make that clear.

While I am in my 50's, and have at times posted something to that effect, you are jumping to conclusions about the other.

Not everyone is gay who understands that gays are simply human beings like anyone else and who understands the "anti-gay" verses in the Bible to be talking about things that are sins whether the partner is the same sex or opposite sex -- things like rape, pagan religious practices, prostitution, sexual slavery, and adultery.

I have never discussed my orientation on these forums because it does not not affect the truth or error of my statements here. And as a life-long celibate (and yes, I am a virgin, to whatever extent that word can be applied to a male), it has hardly any more relevance to my offline life
Huh, you know virgins are suppose to fight the war to end all wars.
I thought I'd just bring that up.

I understand gays are human beings too. I don't wish them any harm, just trying to explain my stand on them, which often get's over exaggerated on these forums and only on these forums for some reason.

Upvote 0