ButterBattle

Nov 7, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟7,637.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This is probably the one millionth thread posted by a non-Christian asking why they should become a Christian. I'm sorry if this is getting repetitive.

But, I'll just throw it out there anyways. Why should I become a Christian? Why should I follow Christianity instead of any other religion in the world?

Thank you!

Ikuis

Truth is not negotiable
Nov 12, 2008
✟15,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is probably the one millionth thread posted by a non-Christian asking why they should become a Christian. I'm sorry if this is getting repetitive.

But, I'll just throw it out there anyways. Why should I become a Christian? Why should I follow Christianity instead of any other religion in the world?

Thank you!
Hi ButterBattle,
I am not sure that deciding on becoming a Christian and following Christianity is something one "should" or "should not" do. Christianity without Christ is just another alternative ideal concerning the best ways to live one's life. Therefore the heart of the question is really about believing in Jesus Christ as the Son of God.

So, why should one believe in Jesus? Again, I don't think this is simply just a cold decision to do so. Any kind of belief is a deeply implanted, active, living dimension of our lives which impacts everything we do. And I think it is the same with Jesus. Belief in him doesn't usually just happen simply because we, one day, decide to "believe" in him. Personally, I think it is easier to begin by trusting in Jesus rather than calling it belief. Then, as one pray's, reads the bible, and joins in a Christian community, things start to happen that confirm that trust and convert it into a firm belief. It is not a process producing what one might call objective proof, rather it is a form of subjective conviction that grows as we find we can actually rely on belief, and as the results actually confirm what the bible tells us to expect.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why??? Because it fills a need. People without Jesus may have a different perspective as to what that need is or why it needs to be filled. But whether you can Identify that need in your life yet, or not. It is there, and without being in a position with Jesus (not religion) It's hard to completely understand that hole in your heart, and how he can fill it.

Upvote 0

ButterBattle

Nov 7, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟7,637.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
MintyAngel said:
Have you tried the Exploring Christianity forum here. You may get an answer to your question there

Thanks.

Ikuis said:
Christianity without Christ is just another alternative ideal concerning the best ways to live one's life.

I thought Christianity entailed believing the Heavenly Father, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost. How do you have Christianity without Christ?

Personally, I think it is easier to begin by trusting in Jesus rather than calling it belief.

Isn't this implying that I must believe in Christianity before it will make sense? Almost any belief system seems internally consistent and plausible once an individual is already believes in it, because it's easy to use the explanations in the belief system that describe the world as proof that the system is legitimate. But, what reason do I have to acknowledge that Christianity is correct in the first place?

Basically, why should I trust that Jesus is the Messiah and saved humanity from sin? Why shouldn't I trust something else. If it's based on a subjective conviction, then can I get the same conviction from another source?

drich0150 said:
People without Jesus may have a different perspective as to what that need is or why it needs to be filled.

What is your perspective on this "need" or "hole?" How do you know it's there? How do you know it's been filled? Can I fill this hole with another belief system?

tapero said:
I don't know how I would make it through life without God.

So, God helps you. :)

Upvote 0

Ikuis

Truth is not negotiable
Nov 12, 2008
✟15,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought Christianity entailed believing the Heavenly Father, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost. How do you have Christianity without Christ?

That was indeed my point. In your OP you talked about following Christianity, not Christ. It is very easy to get caught up in the various arguments and differences between various denominations and the views of how to live as a Christian. In my post I was trying to emphasise that, as you say, Christianity is pivotally about Christ as a personal Lord and Saviour, not about just another religious template.

One cannot line up all the various gods of all the various religions and ask for the real one to please step forward. It simply doesn't work like that.

I guess for some people, a starting point on such a search is to take a stand on whether or not they accept that there exists a power greater than themselves that has an active role in the creation and continuation of the universe. If one believes that humans are the highest form of life and intelligence then there is little point in looking any further. However, the vast majority of people do (and practically always have done) believe in some form of higher existence. The nature of the universe that we perceive is simply too complex to be entirely accidental to discount such a greater persona.

If one accepts a greater being, then there is a good reason to seek out whether or not it is looking for interactivity with its creation - i.e. some kind of God - as, it seems, you are doing.

As a Christian, I can give you many reasons from the inside why Christianity is right, but that is of little use to someone looking from the outside in! Ultimately, we all come up against the wall where we have to rely on faith, whatever we believe (atheist, Christian, and all others). I have hung my hat on the Christian peg, and accept that I might be wrong. But, if so, what have I to lose? The Christian way of life means that I have made the most of my short time here, I have peace in my heart and nothing to fear, nothing to hide, and nothing to feel ashamed about. What would I want to change about that?

So, I would like to ask you, what is it about Christ and Christianity that makes you not want to follow it?

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey. :cool:

You (the OP) might be thinking "What separates Christianity from other religions?" See, other religions - Islam, Buddhism, even Juadism - were headed by enlightened humans. Jesus on the other hand was the son of God.

I doubt that it's impossible for atheists and other types of belivers to be happy because there is a part of God inside us (I can't elaborate because I'm not sure what it means either).

What makes belief in Jesus important - not just as a holy man but as the son of God - is the eucharist. When we "eat his body and drink his blood" the God inside us becomes stronger, because he's given us a part of himself. Perhaps this is what Jesus meant when he said "no-one can come to the father except through me."

I know it's not the best explaination, I'm still trying to get my head round it, but what do you think?

Upvote 0

Ikuis

Truth is not negotiable
Nov 12, 2008
✟15,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey. :cool:

You (the OP) might be thinking "What separates Christianity from other religions?" See, other religions - Islam, Buddhism, even Juadism - were headed by enlightened humans. Jesus on the other hand was the son of God.

I doubt that it's impossible for atheists and other types of belivers to be happy because there is a part of God inside us (I can't elaborate because I'm not sure what it means either).

What makes belief in Jesus important - not just as a holy man but as the son of God - is the eucharist. When we "eat his body and drink his blood" the God inside us becomes stronger, because he's given us a part of himself. Perhaps this is what Jesus meant when he said "no-one can come to the father except through me."

I know it's not the best explaination, I'm still trying to get my head round it, but what do you think?
I think there is a lot of truth in this post. The concept of "God inside us" reminds me of a theory I once heard that humans cannot have cravings that cannot be satisfied or cravings for something that does not exist, e.g. hunger requires the existence of food, thirst requires liquid, love requires other beings, etc, etc. By the same "rule" the seeking of a god by the vast majority of the human race throughout its history can only exist if there is actually a god to be craved for.

Another difference in Christianity is that God came down to the level of His creation, to live as a human amongst humans, to share our feelings, elations, sufferings, weaknesses.

Upvote 0

ButterBattle

Nov 7, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟7,637.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Ikuis said:
That was indeed my point. In your OP you talked about following Christianity, not Christ.

Oh, okay.

Ikuis said:
The nature of the universe that we perceive is simply too complex to be entirely accidental to discount such a greater persona.

I'm slightly hesitant to spark a potential philosophical or scientific debate, but what aspect of our universe necessitates intelligent design? Also, if our universe had a Creator, wouldn't this Creator be drastically more complicated than the universe? I am actually fairly agnostic about the possibility of something creating the universe, but if something was incredible enough to create our universe, imagine how complex that entity must be. If our universe requires a creator, why doesn't the creator require another creator and another and another?

A similar line of inquiry deals with infinite time as opposed to infinite creations. Basically, the universe couldn't have existed forever; thus, something had to create it. However, this reaches another epistemological dead end when we inquire why this proposed creator can exist forever, while the observable universe cannot.

With no evidence for whether the universe was created or not, I instead rely on logic conjecture, notably Occam's razor, to conclude that it's more likely that the universe has always existed, etc.

Ikuis said:
If one believes that humans are the highest form of life and intelligence then there is little point in looking any further.

That's me. ^_^ I'm a humanist.

Ikuis said:
So, I would like to ask you, what is it about Christ and Christianity that makes you not want to follow it?

Evaluating Christianity purely based on it's potential for good, applied correctly (very important), I think it has the ability to improve individuals and societies.

However, in a little personality test, I came up 90% logical-minded. Thus, for me, the question isn't really whether I WANT to believe something, it's just whatever I think is most likely to be correct. Based on my observations, I think the most logical position to take is obviously a lack of belief in any specific God or gods.

Finally, I think it's certainly possible to live a good life without Christ. After all, that's what I'm doing right now. :) Actually, I would contend that it's easier to live a good life as an agnostic atheist than with most religions. Thus, what reason do I have to follow Christianity?

Notedstrangeperson said:
See, other religions - Islam, Buddhism, even Juadism - were headed by enlightened humans. Jesus on the other hand was the son of God.

No offense, but since I don't believe in Christianity to begin with, this difference is only a difference in beliefs and doesn't offer me any reason to prefer one religion over the other.

edit: Well, maybe that wasn't your intention.

Notedstrangeperson said:
I'm still trying to get my head round it, but what do you think?

Hmmm, what do you mean by, "the God inside us becomes stronger," and how do you know this?

Ikuis said:
Another difference in Christianity is that God came down to the level of His creation, to live as a human amongst humans, to share our feelings, elations, sufferings, weaknesses.

Oh.

Wait, huh? Isn't this the same difference? Jesus?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
ButterBattle said:
Finally, I think it's certainly possible to live a good life without Christ. After all, that's what I'm doing right now. :) Actually, I would contend that it's easier to live a good life as an agnostic atheist than with most religions. Thus, what reason do I have to follow Christianity?

You're probably right, it is easier to live a good (or perhaps happier?) life being an athiest/agnostic, but in the long run this doesn't mean much. Anyone can take the easy route.

One common criticism of atheism is that it can do whatever it considers "moral" by it's own rules. This is not the case with religion - the believer has to adapt to God's will, not the other way round (this is not a reason to follow Christianity in particular, but rather an example of why most religions dislike atheism) .

ButterBattle said:
Hmmm, what do you mean by, "the God inside us becomes stronger," and how do you know this?

That I can't exaplain, sorry. I know that sounds dumb but there are quite a few things we "know/understand" without being able to put them into words.

Upvote 0

ButterBattle

Nov 7, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟7,637.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hello again! :)

Notedstrangeperson said:
Anyone can take the easy route.

Is atheism the easier route? Well, I suppose in some ways it is. Nevertheless, as I've stated, the only thing that matters to me is what seems most credible, most likely to be true.

One common criticism of atheism is that it can do whatever it considers "moral" by it's own rules. This is not the case with religion - the believer has to adapt to God's will, not the other way round (this is not a reason to follow Christianity in particular, but rather an example of why most religions dislike atheism) .

Exactly, you hit this issue on the nail. Most religions absolutely hate the concept of moral relativism. However, unless a religion is the correct religion, then aren't all believers of that religion just following moral rules established by other humans anyways?

Finally, because there are at least thousands of different interpretations of the Bible, my position is that there must be another source, which is our reason and our innate sense of morality. It may not be perfect, but it's there.

That I can't exaplain, sorry. I know that sounds dumb but there are quite a few things we "know/understand" without being able to put them into words.

I understand.

Upvote 0

¶ºÂæ

Christian
Dec 1, 2008
✟15,117.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Is atheism the easier route? Well, I suppose in some ways it is. Nevertheless, as I've stated, the only thing that matters to me is what seems most credible, most likely to be true.

Yes, being an atheist is easier than being a christian. Reasons are is that people think well anyone could believe in a God but they don;t realize the time we [being christians] spend time with God and fellow people.

And, i will say that i once did believe too that God did not exist because it was impossible for me to imagine that there is something out there.......but once i got involved in a Church and got to know Jesus as my Lord and Savior it became much easier.

I will give you some tips because i would like you to become interactive with God.
1. Pray to God everyday asking him what your future will be like. Tell him you want him to show you the way.
2. As hard as it might be try to go to church and meet with friends.
3. God is always with you no matter what! Take this as an advantage!

Thank you for your time :D.

Upvote 0

hlaltimus

Nov 4, 2005
Arizona
✟1,553.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Thank you!
Hi, Since you have a repeat thread, I can't resist using a repeat answer that I love!

Why should you become a Christian? Very simple...4 days. Lazarus lay a decaying corpse for 4 days until Jesus Christ the Messiah called him forth from his gloomy tomb in John chapter 11 with a loud, "Lazarus, come forth!" The man must have had practically every cell in his body degenerated, but out he came never-the-less, (and right in front of some of Jesus' enemies too!) but, How did Christ do it? It is my firm conviction that when the Jewish rulers railroaded Christ in that sham trial, mocking, scourging, abusive treatment and finally crucifixion, one principle reason they did so was because they really didn't know who they had on their hands there. This Being whom they rejected was obviously a normal Jewish man of their day, but by virtue of everything that had happened from His birth, to his death, to His resurrection...He had to be more than just a ordinary man.

They didn't know who they had there, and you yourself must avoid at all costs making their horrible mistake.

This Being had to be, (out of necessity,) one who's constitution comprised both humanity and divinity, the latter quality setting His inherent and eternal value to the scale of infinity, and that made rejecting the Christ a paramount crime of crimes, which crime demanded by divine judgment the destruction of almost the entire Jewish nation in 70 AD. They were without excuse since Christ's many miracles clearly attested to his divine authority, of which miracles raising Lazarus from the dead would have made them accountable even if no other miracle had been performed.

Do not slight away One who calls rotted corpses forth from their tombs, for He had to be both a Divine and a human being, and the former will make Him either a terrible opponent some day, or an inconceivably glorious, powerful and lustrous Friend. He must have been Divine to so act upon Lazarus and that is why you should become a believer in Him: You can't afford not to.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is your perspective on this "need" or "hole?" How do you know it's there?

Look at how the people of this world desperately look for answers in their existence. Whether they tell themselves to believe in a/The God or whether they have science or a personal philosophy everyone has some reason for being... This is the hole. The Purpose, and the reason we are all here.

If you didn't have a hole then why are you here at CF? wouldn't your absence speak louder to a personal contentment in the point and purpose that you have found in life, more clearly than anything you could say?

How do you know it's been filled?
You will find contentment in all that you are, all that you do, and all that you have. Whatever your lot it will be well with your soul.

Can I fill this hole with another belief system?
You can fill this hole with anything you want. I've tried to fill the hole in my heart with Girls, Cars, Money, Boats, Friends, "Other Things", Philosophy, different religions and fun. But true happiness was always fleeting. There was only the moment.. No matter what I did, what I accomplished I always wanted more.. More will never be enough. Nothing you can buy or rationalize, will allow you contentment that you can only find in God through Jesus.

Sorry for my late reply.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ButterBattle

Nov 7, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟7,637.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Oh, more replies. Eh, the thread is kind of old now.

And, i will say that i once did believe too that God did not exist because it was impossible for me to imagine that there is something out there.......but once i got involved in a Church and got to know Jesus as my Lord and Savior it became much easier.

Actually, for me, it's easy to imagine that something is "out there." My issue is purely evidential.

I will give you some tips because i would like you to become interactive with God.
1. Pray to God everyday asking him what your future will be like. Tell him you want him to show you the way.
2. As hard as it might be try to go to church and meet with friends.
3. God is always with you no matter what! Take this as an advantage!

Ugh, I don't know how I can use the third step unless I already believe in God, and I've done the first two before. *sigh* How does this affirm that I am interacting with God?

Why should you become a Christian? Very simple...4 days. Lazarus lay a decaying corpse for 4 days until Jesus Christ the Messiah called him forth from his gloomy tomb in John chapter 11 with a loud, "Lazarus, come forth!" The man must have had practically every cell in his body degenerated, but out he came never-the-less, (and right in front of some of Jesus' enemies too!) but, How did Christ do it? It is my firm conviction that when the Jewish rulers railroaded Christ in that sham trial, mocking, scourging, abusive treatment and finally crucifixion, one principle reason they did so was because they really didn't know who they had on their hands there. This Being whom they rejected was obviously a normal Jewish man of their day, but by virtue of everything that had happened from His birth, to his death, to His resurrection...He had to be more than just a ordinary man.

They didn't know who they had there, and you yourself must avoid at all costs making their horrible mistake.

This Being had to be, (out of necessity,) one who's constitution comprised both humanity and divinity, the latter quality setting His inherent and eternal value to the scale of infinity, and that made rejecting the Christ a paramount crime of crimes, which crime demanded by divine judgment the destruction of almost the entire Jewish nation in 70 AD. They were without excuse since Christ's many miracles clearly attested to his divine authority, of which miracles raising Lazarus from the dead would have made them accountable even if no other miracle had been performed.

Do not slight away One who calls rotted corpses forth from their tombs, for He had to be both a Divine and a human being, and the former will make Him either a terrible opponent some day, or an inconceivably glorious, powerful and lustrous Friend. He must have been Divine to so act upon Lazarus and that is why you should become a believer in Him: You can't afford not to.

But I don't believe any of this is true, so how does it help me?

Also, the last sentence sounds like a reference to Pascal's Wager.

Look at how the people of this world desperately look for answers in their existence. Whether they tell themselves to believe in a/The God or whether they have science or a personal philosophy everyone has some reason for being... This is the hole. The Purpose, and the reason we are all here.

I agree that people look for answers to their existence, but how do you know that this is the reason we are here?

If you didn't have a hole then why are you here at CF? wouldn't your absence speak louder to a personal contentment in the point and purpose that you have found in life, more clearly than anything you could say?

Probably, although I my presence is here is mostly the result of curiosity.

You will find contentment in all that you are, all that you do, and all that you have. Whatever your lot it will be well with your soul.

How do you know we have a soul? Wow, we're so far apart on the metaphysics.

You can fill this hole with anything you want. I've tried to fill the hole in my heart with Girls, Cars, Money, Boats, Friends, "Other Things", Philosophy, different religions and fun. But true happiness was always fleeting. There was only the moment.. No matter what I did, what I accomplished I always wanted more.. More will never be enough. Nothing you can buy or rationalize, will allow you contentment that you can only find in God through Jesus.

Thanks for the response.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Butterbattle:

You came to this forum asking why you should believe in Christianity. It seems, though, from what I've read in your responses, that you are looking for someone to hit you with a piece of evidence, or a line of reasoning that will force you to accept the Christian faith. In the absence of such evidence or reasoning you refuse to give Christianity any particular weight in your thinking. Maybe you're actually here simply to reinforce your agnostic/antitheist point of view. Perhaps you're here just to develop your capacity to defend your own godless worldview and have no genuine interest in becoming a Christian. Certainly, you wouldn't be the first agnostic/antitheist to come here for such a purpose...

The reality is that each of us have filters through which we pass everything we encounter. No one ever truly receives information in a purely objective way. We all have presuppositions and various experiences that prejudice us against one interpretation of the information we receive and not against another. For this reason it is quite impossible for any of us to expect that we can persuade you to a point of view your filters are clearly tuned to reject. Doing so is not merely a matter of sufficient evidence, but of overcoming your presuppositions, biases and personal experience that provoke you to interpret the evidence in their favor.

Only God can overcome all the filters you have in place in your thinking that keep faith in Him a non-option. Until He does, you will continue to operate under the subjective criteria, the filters, that you have embraced. None of the arguments or evidence we can provide to you will ever accomplish what only God Himself can do, which is to overcome how you are disposed to view everything you encounter.

Peace to you.

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I will tell you why. The bible is the only book period that has demonstrated that it could have only been written by God. There are hundreds of detailed prophesies in it - no other book has done this at all. Read, The Evidence That Demands A Verdict by Josh McDowell (it would stand up in a court of law concerning biblical evidence without a shadow of a doubt). Also, it goes hand in hand with accurate science - www.reasons.org - these people are scientists many are christians. And a list of those who are scientists and associated with a denomination - www.adherents.com/people/100_scientists.html. I'm telling you this because there is a false notion that science and religion conflict - just the exact opposite is true.

Plus, other religions work for their salvation but in christianity one is saved by grace. Here is why. Ask yourself are you a good person? Can you keep all the 10 Commandments all the time 100% of the time? www.livingwaters.com/good/ Only Jesus could. This is why mankind needs a Lord and Savior.

Biblical Evidence (Scratching the Surface Only)

Internal Evidences
Prophesies that are confirmed within Bible

- Life of Christ
The Tribe of Judah, Gen 49:10 - Luke 3:23-28
(Genesis was written 4004 BC to 1689 BC)
(Luke's time period is 60-70 AD)

Royal Line of David, Jer 23:5 -Matt 1:1
(Jeremiah 760 to 698 BC)/(Matthew 60-70 AD)

Born of a Virgin, Isaiah 7:14/Matt 1:18-23
(Isaiah 760 to 698 BC)/(60-70 AD)

**I can list at least 20 more of these.
-Rise of Empires
In the book of Daniel, Chapter 2 - four kingdoms are described in the interpretation of the dream of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon: Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greek - Daniel 8:21, 10:20) and a fourth great kingdom to follow - part iron and clay - which is the Roman Empire - during this empire Christ came and the church was established - Daniel 2:44.

-Historical Accuracy
The Bible is loaded with historical statements concerning events hundreds of years ago, yet has not been proven incorrect on any.
(Bible compared to other ancient documents):
New Testament - starts at 25 years - between original and first surviving copies
Homer - starts at 500 years
Demosthenes - at 1400 years
Plato - at 1200 years
Caesar - at 1000 years

Number of Manuscript Copies
New Testament - 5,686
Homer - 643
Demosthenes - 200
Plato - 7
Caesar - 10

Consistency
Written by at least 40 men over a period of time exceeding 1400 years, and has no internal inconsistencies.

Claim of Inspiration
It claims to be spoken by God, 2 Tim 3:16-17). No other religious book makes such claims.

External Evidences
(Prophesies Outside the Bible)
These cities were prophesied to be destroyed and never be built again.
Nineveh - Nahum 1:10, 3:7,15, Zephaniah 2:13-14
Babylon - Isaiah 13:1-22)
Tyre (Ezekiel 26:1-28)

Bible before Science
He hangs the earth on nothing - Job 26:7
(Job was written at least 1000 years ago - some scholars think it could be even 3000 years ago)
Note: Man only knew this for 350 years
Earth is a sphere, Isaiah 40:22
Air has weight, Job 28:25
Gravity - Job 26:7, Job 38:31-33
Winds blow in cyclones, Eccl 1:6

Documents that Prove Bible is True
Gilgamesh Epic, The Sumerian King List, Mari Tablets, Babylonian Chronicles

Archealogoical Finds
Excavations of Ur, Location of Zoar, Ziggurats and the foundation of Tower of Babel

Upvote 0

DaffodilFlower

Reach out in love to others :)
Nov 2, 2008
N/a
✟529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thank you!

Hi butterbattle sometime i am skeptical why Athethis ask these question. But forgive me do you really want to know? Are you really thinking of being a Christian? It disheartens me to know that sometimes A ask these questions to provoke a flame war. :( Or just to ask for the sake of asking.

Could you tell me your honest answer on this pls? ;)

HERE IS THE ANSWER

• We Christians know for certain then when we die we don't go poof or poof into an insect.:hug:

• We Christians have an Almighty infinite God that loves us unconditionally!! We don't need to work at it at other religions do, we don't need to try and earn God's love for us!! He loves us despite our failures, He loves the prostitutes and all the low cast people, He loves the broken hearted people. All who are broken come near to Him!! For He is gentle and merciful in Heart. But He hates the proud!
  • We have a God who sent His one and only Son to die for all us humans we humans who did so much wrong!
  • Jesus Christ born the pain and agony the Romans inflicted on his body. Try and imagine his pain!!!!
  • Slash with sharp bones to rip open his back! How many times 40 times? The blow was tremendously painful!!! These sharp objects ripping into your flesh as it was slash on your back!!
  • The crown of thorns push into your heard! Makes the pain even worse!
  • Mock, spit, kick, he got it all! :(:(:(
  • Nails smash into his 2 wrist! Where the main nerve is!!
  • Nails smash both of his foot!!!
  • The pain, agony and excruciating pain just sent shock waves through His already painful body!!
  • And if this was not enough the Roman left the crucified victim on the cross for hours!!! So they can die a very painful death!!
  • Breathing becomes difficult!!
  • Victim have to pressed against;t the nails to take breath. But as you do more pain feels the victim body..
  • The victim body is really in shocked!!!
  • Make it ever more worse the Romans will smash the victims leg to quicken the death. But Praise God Jesus legs was not smash!!
Why did he do all this? Because Jesus so loved us that he bore all this pain for us because of all the wrong the human race have done, (sin)

All the other gods are having a luxury time and could not care less about us humans. They force us to work for it! They did not even come down and suffer for us because of the love they have for us. No we need to prove ourselves to these gods!! Would you want to follow such a god? They are no different from humans.

But not for Christ! :) Christ is different! :)

So who can compare? All these gods are man made!!

How? Well they all make the same claims but with slight differences. There has not been a claim like what has been spoken out of the Word of God the Bible.

There have not been and will not be anyone else that can claim what Jesus claims!

He is the Alpha and Omega so there will be no one that will take His place!

So having Jesus in your hear is more precious then anything you can have in this World!!

Even the World offers little hope they offer limited knowledge and other worldly desires to take the place of Christ but they still can't save themselves and the universe. But Christ can... We are all corrupting ourselves we still have wars we can't become gods we are not in control but the world tries and tell you that you are! When earth goes we go! That is what the world offers.

But if the world goes those in Christ we live on!! So no one can take away our souls, because Christ is in control off it. The world cannot offer this to you! It can not secure your spirit or your soul. Only Christ can because He made us! :) Is that not out of this world? You think some monk made all this up?

Can any other man made god or wordy knowledge compare??

Those who accept the Lord Jesus as their Lord and Savior in their hearts, repent, give their life over to Jesus can have real hope in Him! That life continues on when we die that we have eternity to live for!!! This life is only a spake in time!! :) We will be with Christ to serve Him! It would be more wonderful then you can ever imagine! No tears, no sorrow...a huge large contrast to who it is now. Just the love of Christ following through all of us. We will be one big large family!! We have a God who is in control and not a god who guess and make mistakes. It is something real and tangible to look forward not. It is not myth or lies....

We gain all by surrending our lives to Christ Jesus, He blessed us so much and we don't even deserve it! What god or thing in this World can compare?

JESUS IS REAL AND THE MIRACLES OF TODAY PROVE IT!

Here are 2 things I will leave with you and if your not convince you can contact Jesse and ask him to explain to you all the things that Christ has done through him!!!!

Powerful story!

http://www.jesseandcookie.com/word/two-years-to-live
http://theunrivaledgod.blogspot.com/

He was a Hindu! When he came to Christ Jesus blessed him with the gift of spiritual deliverance! Just email him and you will know that Jesus is real!

Contact him if you have any doubts!!

Amazing amazing book!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Heavenly man - Read the many miracles that God did through him because he suffered so much in China.
- Modern day acts - Brother Yun

This should convince you that our Lord God Jesus Chris is real and not fake and you can put your full trust in Him and have no doubt that He lives and we shall lived with Him one day!!!

Even is you still doubt take that step of faith to believe in him and Christ Jesus will reveal himself to you as you grow and mature in Him! :)

It please him to put your faith in Him when you don't understand everything. You don't need too.

Keep it simple like child....

I hope all that I have written has really made your eyes open to how Christ is so real to us!!!

Love in Christ!!!
Daffodil

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.