Why would Christians support abortion?

Should Christians support abortion?

• No. Christians should fight against the murder of innocent babies.

• Not unless there is a serious medical reason.

• Only in the first trimester. It isn't really a baby yet.

• Christians should not support it, but it should be the woman's choice.

• Yes. The government should not take the right to safe abortion away.

• No, with some exceptions, as for pregnancy as the result of rape or incest.

• Yes, when the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest.

• Yes. It is the woman's body, she should have the right to choose.

Results are only viewable after voting.

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
And there are those of us who know that outlawing legal abortion will not stop women from having abortions and many of them will die from an illegal abortion, often leaving living children motherless.

Upvote 0

Haasrecht

Oct 15, 2015
✟16,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And there are those of us who know that outlawing legal abortion will not stop women from having abortions and many of them will die from an illegal abortion, often leaving living children motherless.

Oh, yes. I forgot this third bit. Well said.

Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Would you truly expect the Lord to provide strength to have an abortion?
Isn't He the One Who said "thou shalt do no murder"?
Didn't He tell us that He knew us in our mothers' womb?
If you think God would lend His support to a woman undergoing an abortion, we must not be worshiping the same God...
That's fine with me personally.

Upvote 0

CurtisNeeley

copy[rite] misspelled in US
May 24, 2011
Arkansas, USA
Visit site
✟7,814.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not sure where I sit on the matter, but I think I'd still lean towards against abortion. That said, I understand it would be unbelievably difficult and take strength only He can provide.
A believer who realizes the child forming within her will have a very slim chance of accepting Jesus because of the other parent or other family can take solace in the fact that as Jesus approached Calvary He told that it would become a blessing to be barren and never have a child in Luke 23:29. It would be hard to accept the unequal religious aspect of the parents will probably lead to rejecting Christ.

If you think God would lend His support to a woman undergoing an abortion, we must not be worshiping the same God...

Yes; Certainly Jesus will give strength to the unequally yolked to abort gestation before 12-weeks. The point at which a human develops a soul is not disclosed but it is NOT till the age of accountability, which is individually unique and only known by God.
| Genesis 25:23 | Psalm 139:13 | Jeremiah 1:5 | Isaiah 49:1-3 |

Galatians 1:15
"But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,"
> > > Paul was interpreting from known fact from the Old Testament listing(s) above.

Luke 1:15
"For he (John the Baptist) shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he (John the Baptist) shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb"
> > > Yes; The body of John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit while his soul developed. (Does not really seem fair, but was God's plan.)
==============================
"we must not be worshiping the same God..."
A believer in God must not have any other God. "TheBarrd" implies there must be at least three? A Three-in-ONE perhaps?
http://theendofinappropriate contentbywire.org/ The FCC accepted the inter-net has always been a common carrier of wire communications but has not treated to make it safe as required by law - not yet anyway. GOOG and MSFT spent over half-a-million in legal fees to keep online/inappropriate content profitable.
http://human-dignity-us.org/ SCOTUS rejected this pro-12-week abortion limit amicus before rejecting the Arkansas petition to allow Act 301 and made it clear Article III must be revised or this nation has now failed in a way that is NO longer recoverable. Democracy was abandoned starting in 1929 and is now looking impossible to restore.
-----------------------------------------------------
Honorable Scalia met with me on Feb. 26, 2016 and signed a law book after we talked privately. We can't just replace 1/9 the "geezer-hood", but must rework Article III.
Repealing the plan for democracy's failure only needs a majority vote and is the ONLY realistic solution.
ANYTHING else and EVERYTHING ELSE is a failure or a plan to fail, just like was made permanent on June 18, 1929.

Upvote 0

CurtisNeeley

copy[rite] misspelled in US
May 24, 2011
Arkansas, USA
Visit site
✟7,814.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not sure where I sit on the matter, but I think I'd still lean towards against abortion. That said, I understand it would be unbelievably difficult and take strength only He can provide.
A believer who realizes the child forming within her will have a very slim chance of accepting Jesus because of the other parent or other family can take solace in the fact that as Jesus approached Calvary He told that it would become a blessing to be barren and never have a child in Luke 23:29. It would be hard to accept the unequal religious aspect of the parents will probably lead to rejecting Christ.

Yes; Certainly Jesus will give strength to the unequally yolked to abort gestation before 12-weeks. The point at which a human develops a soul is not disclosed but it is NOT till the age of accountability, which is individually unique and only known by God.
| Genesis 25:23 | Psalm 139:13 | Jeremiah 1:5 | Isaiah 49:1-3 |

Galatians 1:15
"But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,"
> > > Paul was interpreting from known fact from the Old Testament listing(s) above.

Luke 1:15
"For he (John the Baptist) shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he (John the Baptist) shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb"
> > > Yes; The body of John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit while his soul developed. (Does not really seem fair, but was God's plan.)
"we must not be worshiping the same God..."
A believer in God must not have any other God. "TheBarrd" implies there must be at least three? A Three-in-ONE perhaps?
http://theendofinappropriate contentbywire.org/ The FCC accepted the inter-net has always been a common carrier of wire communications but has not treated to make it safe as required by law - not yet anyway. GOOG and MSFT spent over half-a-million in legal fees to keep online/inappropriate content profitable.
http://human-dignity-us.org/ SCOTUS rejected this pro-12-week abortion limit amicus before rejecting the Arkansas petition to allow Act 301 and made it clear Article III must be revised or this nation has now failed in a way that is NO longer recoverable. Democracy was abandoned starting in 1929 and is now looking impossible to restore.
-----------------------------------------------------
Honorable Scalia met with me on Feb. 26, 2016 and signed a law book after we talked privately. We can't just replace 1/9 the "geezer-hood", but must rework Article III.
Repealing the plan for democracy's failure only needs a majority vote and is the ONLY realistic solution.
ANYTHING else and EVERYTHING ELSE is a failure or a plan to fail, just like was made permanent on June 18, 1929.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a puzzlement to me.
We, who worship the Creator of Life, who bow before the Son, Who died that we might have eternal life...
How could we possibly involve ourselves in over 1.5 million deaths every year?
There is an estimate that some 200,000 of those abortions are performed on Bible believing, Christian women.
That is why I brought this question here, in a Christians only forum.
I want to know....how many Christians here support abortion...and why?

I don't support the act of abortion, but I can understand why some women take that step and hope I would support them as they face it and the consequences.
When I was training as a nurse, a colleague became pregnant. She wasn't a Christian and had been going out with someone who, she thought, was special. But before she discovered her pregnancy, he became violent. So she was a single, pregnant student nurse in the last year of training with an abusive partner. She didn't want an abortion, but couldn't see any other solution. To be honest, had I been in her shoes, I would have had an abortion too, so I was o.k. with her. She was very surprised at this expecting that I, as a Christian and being against abortion, would be angry with her. The other Christian in our group had already given her both barrels and didn't talk to her for a while. She didn't ask for, or need, my approval or permission, and I hope that this at least kept our lines of communication open.

Another thing, I think it's right to tell people what God says about the sanctity of life, but if they aren't Christians and reject God, I don't think it's right to force our values on them. And the reports I've heard of abortion clinics being targeted, doctors being threatened or physically hurt is certainly wrong. How can someone condemn abortion while at the same time planning ways to inflict injury on doctors who are just doing their jobs?

Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Another thing, I think it's right to tell people what God says about the sanctity of life, but if they aren't Christians and reject God, I don't think it's right to force our values on them. And the reports I've heard of abortion clinics being targeted, doctors being threatened or physically hurt is certainly wrong. How can someone condemn abortion while at the same time planning ways to inflict injury on doctors who are just doing their jobs?
^This
I agree with this so much. I agree with telling people about God that's great but we can not force them to accept it and doing so is wrong in my view. I believe a lot of things some Christians would not and I am not going to make them change to believe it.

No matter how much you hate something it is not an excuse for hurting those who do not. Hurting others is wrong unless it is for self defense and even then we should try and do as little as we can while fighting back. (Like in the case of a break in. If you can knock them out at least its better then killing them.)

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
We, who worship the Creator of Life, who bow before the Son, Who died that we might have eternal life...
There is an estimate that some 200,000 of those abortions are performed on Bible believing, Christian women.

Upvote 0

GoodGRACEshus

Apr 25, 2016
Australia
✟17,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

No I don't support abortion generally though I can understand why some women feel they have no choice. My advice would be.....if you have to, then make sure it is fully accomplished as poorly enacted interference can result in the birth of a damaged child.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums