Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Im in dire need of Nausha helpers... ive tried just about everything and they barley or dont even work.

Ginger Ale
Sprite
Peppermint Candy
Hard Candy
Pretzles
Saltines (Soda crackers)
LOTS OF WATER
Switching Prenatals (I'm talking Flintstone vitamins now...the OB said it was the same thing)

but it seems that im still getting nausha every day, Help!! I just want to be able to eat again with no problems! Is there anything anybody knows that I don't?? LOL

Birbitt

Mar 10, 2008
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,763.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
sorry sweetie...sometimes there is just nothing you can do for it. Try eating 6-8 VERY small meals throughout the day instead of eating 3 large meals...this way if you are eating every 2-3 hours you are less likely to have a drop in blood sugar which will only make your nausea worse.

Upvote 0
I

ilovepurple

Talk to your doctor about it. If your nausea is causing you to not be able to nourish yourself enough or you are vomiting excessively, then they might decide to put you on diclectin (anti-nausea drug that is made for pregnant women).

My doctor put me on diclectin at 6 weeks and I still have to take it now. Throughout my first trimester, I was vomiting 5-6 times each day and not keeping any food down. The diclectin didn't really help much during the first trimester, I was still nauseated and vomited a lot. The 2nd trimester, I found the diclectin helped and I was only slightly nauseated most days.

I tried several times this pregnancy to stop taking the diclectin but every time I do the nausea and vomiting come back within a day.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and it helps to have meal replacement drinks, I drank Boost and found that I could finish 1-2 each day along with crackers and toast which helped me to get enough nutrients.

Upvote 0

GuitarMia05

Your Friendly Tattooed Pastor/Worship Leader
Apr 17, 2004
Missouri
✟17,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A few days after I posted this i was sent to the ER with a few infections and was perscribed antiboitics that ended up making my nausha horrible, throwing up every other hour, and when I had my dr. visit on Friday it showed that I had lost 12 pounds in little under a month, so the dr. has me on anti-nausha medicine to get my weight back up and to get some food into my system...so we'll see how that goes :)

Upvote 0

Hadassah

May 22, 2006
Germany
✟15,060.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
So far, nothing helps. Most of what people tell me to take or do for nausea is out of the question anyhow, since I have celiac and cannot have the pretzels or saltines, or they are so cost prohibitive... it's not worth paying out to try something I may not even like.
I found I have problems with yeast while pregnant - the smell is so off-putting that I can't ingest anything with yeast. So, that counts off the saltines and pretzels anyhow.

I'm right at 20 weeks, still get motion sick and have nausea. *shrug* I have two medications I can take for it, but most the time, lying still and resting helps the absolute best. I can't leave the house, I get so car sick.

I fly home in 2 weeks to Germany, and am praying I do not get sick on the flight or need someone to hold Jonathan. . . I don't know. I have just started requesting prayer that I can live a somewhat normal life, and that the nausea subsides when I have to travel and I can get home OK without getting sick. When I get home, I can be sick if I have to. :D

I get to see the Dr again when I get home, so I wonder what he has to say.

Upvote 0

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A few days after I posted this i was sent to the ER with a few infections and was perscribed antiboitics that ended up making my nausha horrible, throwing up every other hour, and when I had my dr. visit on Friday it showed that I had lost 12 pounds in little under a month, so the dr. has me on anti-nausha medicine to get my weight back up and to get some food into my system...so we'll see how that goes :)
I'm sorry to hear you've had such a rough time!

Now that you're eating again, I recommend making sure you get plenty of protein (meat, milk, eggs etc) and carbs (fresh vege and wholegrain etc). Stay away from high starch and high sugar, they always make it much worse for me.

Upvote 0

GuitarMia05

Apr 17, 2004
Missouri
✟17,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm finally able to keep food down except my body just doesn't want to handle yogurt. Anytime ive had yogurt in the pregnancy I've had very violent vomiting, but I'm able to eat ice cream, drink milk, all that fun stuff... so I guess Yogurt is out. But it's okay...I'm not too upset by it :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hadassah

May 22, 2006
Germany
✟15,060.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, sometimes it can be the oddest things that the baby doesn't like us to keep down.

For a really long time I was having problem with meat at all... beef, lamb, turkey or chicken (incl eggs)... and now I can have poultry and handle it rather well... but lamb and beef just does not sit well.

So I am taking it really slow, and watching what I eat and when I eat. Some days I can have anything and everything, and sometimes I can't.

The nausea comes and goes, the headaches come and go and off and on I get motion sick just sitting still.

I have to fly back to Germany in not quite 2 weeks, and I haven't left my parent's house more than 6 times, and only twice without getting sick while I was out, so I am totally unsure how I will get to where I am going. I am praying really hard that I will not have any problems.

Upvote 0

GuitarMia05

Apr 17, 2004
Missouri
✟17,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I was all exicted that my nausha went away...well... for a week anyways (lol), Right at the start of week 13 my nausha came back, and then today (the beginning of my second trimester) I started it of with a big of celebration of vomiting, having nausha all week too ... I know this gets easier I'm just hoping sooner than later.

Other than that I had my u/s on Monday and baby is doing great, it had the hiccups so it was cute, haven't gained or lost any weight either so im still 12 pounds lighter than i was before I got pregnant, but im sure ill gain it back :)

Upvote 0

Hadassah

May 22, 2006
Germany
✟15,060.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
itty bitty baby hiccups are so cute. :)

The nausea is well, tiring - that is for sure!!

As far as weight gain, I know I did not gain lots last time, I lost weight and was really active. This time, not as active - lost and haven't gained back to what I was at my last few appointments... so I know the doc will be worried about that.
Some of it has to do totally with genetics, and some has to do with the fact that we tend to naturally move towards a healthier diet when pregnant. It's when the baby is born that you need to really watch waht you do, or you can gain in the bad sense. I started doing that with our little one, in that the weather or my health prevented us leaving home much, and I needed quick foods - so we relied on convenience rather than just eating better and taking time to plan ahead.

Upvote 0

GuitarMia05

Apr 17, 2004
Missouri
✟17,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm at week 22 and for a whole month I felt fabulous (well...until Sunday) I think I just caught a 24 hour bug, but sadly I did end up with nausha and vomiting, im somehow recovering from Sunday, but with my hectic work schedule it's hard to get decent amounts of rest.

We did find out what we were having a few weeks ago though... A baby Boy!! My husband is competely excited, We've decided to name him Jackson Wesley. So through all the pain, God has blessed us with a healthy baby boy so far :) So I'm thinkful.

Upvote 0

Jilly123

Jun 26, 2007
✟16,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I found with my first pregnancy I couldn't have ANY diary products at all, throughout the pregnancy. Whenever I did I would just throw up. Wonder if I will be the same this time around.

I'm only 6 weeks and feeling horrible. I've spent lots of quality time the last few mornings with the toilet :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm finally able to keep food down except my body just doesn't want to handle yogurt. Anytime ive had yogurt in the pregnancy I've had very violent vomiting, but I'm able to eat ice cream, drink milk, all that fun stuff... so I guess Yogurt is out. But it's okay...I'm not too upset by it :)

The ONLY thing that works for me is lemons. They are a lifesaver for me. I will be eating lemons or eating lemon heads.:thumbsup: good luck, I'm sorry your having such a hard time:hug:

Upvote 0