newburgh
✟115,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 16 says that Sarah, aka Sarai here, the wife of Abraham aka Abram here, was unable to give Abraham children in the many years they were married up to that point. This was before Isaac was born. So Sarah says to Abraham in Verse 2 to “Go in to my servant; it may be that I shall obtain children by her.” Abraham does so, and a child, who is named Ishmael, is born. We know this, since In Genesis 16:11-12, after Abraham has her, the angel of the Lord says to her, “Behold, you are pregnant and shall bear a son. You shall call his name Ishmael...He shall be a wild donkey of a man, his hand against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he shall dwell over against all his kinsmen.”

Commentators assert that from Ishmael came the Arab nation, known throughout history as being hostile to their neighbors. A stark question arises...What was the purpose of God’s creating a hostile nation? I mean, if we weren’t familiar with the Bible, we might surmise that the birth of Ishmael was Satan’s doing, n’est ce pas? If you consider that God intended that His creation of man would last on earth, at least until He says ‘Time’s up,’ then to what purpose is it to create a nation of people who would breed strife among His Creation?

There seems to be no direct answer coming from the Bible. We do know that when God’s Chosen had sinned in the Old Testament, He visited death and destruction upon them through other people. Examples of such death and destruction include the siege of Jerusalem by other peoples, described in Zechariah 12:2-3. One can surmise, that such a siege may have been necessary to cleanse Jerusalem of its sins, including the worship of idols alluded to in Zechariah 13:2.

Perhaps the Arabs were among those people who laid siege of Jerusalem. If so, one might assert that the Arabs were created to cleanse God’s Chosen from time to time, keeping them in check from continuously committing sin. The Arabs, who inhabited the earth after Ishmael, may not have been aware of the purpose that God had for them if such a purpose existed. Perhaps Romans 8:28 may apply here, for those who love God.

And we know that, to this day, God’s Chosen have been continually harassed by other people, including the Arabs from time to time. God has required the Chosen to stand for His Principles and Precepts, such that they are not to transgress any more than a government under God who is expected to govern with God in mind would be expected to breach that trust that it formed with Him.

Last edited:

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Genesis 16 says that Sarah, aka Sarai here, the wife of Abraham aka Abram here, was unable to give Abraham children in the many years they were married up to that point. This was before Isaac was born. So Sarah says to Abraham in Verse 2 to “Go in to my servant; it may be that I shall obtain children by her.” Abraham does so, and a child, who is named Ishmael, is born.
This is about 10 years after God's promise of seed to Abraham (Ge 15:5).
Sarah was helping God along in keeping his promise.

God's promise of seed was fulfilled in Isaac about 25 years after God made the promise.

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,314.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 16 says that Sarah, aka Sarai here, the wife of Abraham aka Abram here, was unable to give Abraham children in the many years they were married up to that point. This was before Isaac was born. So Sarah says to Abraham in Verse 2 to “Go in to my servant; it may be that I shall obtain children by her.” Abraham does so, and a child, who is named Ishmael, is born. We know this, since In Genesis 16:11-12, after Abraham has her, the angel of the Lord says to her, “Behold, you are pregnant and shall bear a son. You shall call his name Ishmael...He shall be a wild donkey of a man, his hand against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he shall dwell over against all his kinsmen.”

Commentators assert that from Ishmael came the Arab nation, known throughout history as being hostile to their neighbors. A stark question arises...What was the purpose of God’s creating a hostile nation? I mean, if we weren’t familiar with the Bible, we might surmise that the birth of Ishmael was Satan’s doing, n’est ce pas? If you consider that God intended that His creation of man would last on earth, at least until He says ‘Time’s up,’ then to what purpose is it to create a nation of people who would breed strife among His Creation?

There seems to be no direct answer coming from the Bible. We do know that when God’s Chosen had sinned in the Old Testament, He visited death and destruction upon them through other people. Examples of such death and destruction include the siege of Jerusalem by other peoples, described in Zechariah 12:2-3. One can surmise, that such a siege may have been necessary to cleanse Jerusalem of its sins, including the worship of idols alluded to in Zechariah 13:2.

Perhaps the Arabs were among those people who laid siege of Jerusalem. If so, one might assert that the Arabs were created to cleanse God’s Chosen from time to time, keeping them in check from continuously committing sin. The Arabs, who inhabited the earth after Ishmael, may not have been aware of the purpose that God had for them if such a purpose existed. Perhaps Romans 8:28 may apply here, for those who love God.

And we know that, to this day, God’s Chosen have been continually harassed by other people, including the Arabs from time to time. God has required the Chosen to stand for His Principles and Precepts, such that they are not to transgress any more than a government under God who is expected to govern with God in mind would be expected to breach that trust that it formed with Him.
One thing I find ironic is how God placed two of the best traders on the planet (Jews and Arabs) so close together. Anyone in business that deals with both knows what I'm talking about.

Keep in mind there have been good non-Jewish people in the Bible showing there is redemption for all as they set great examples for us. Like Ruth.

What's important may be that all through the Old Testament it seems that non-Jewish people sure had a lot of unnecessary strife and conflict, both with other non-Jewish people and with Jewish people. This is what was predicted from the start of Ishmael's birth. God knew what was coming down the road and gave us fair warning. Islam piggyback's on these genetic tendencies hugely. Satan loves conflict and strife. He excels in that.

Upvote 0