Why the United States people and International community needs to support Israel

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And there was no country called "United States of America", ever, when we waged a revolutionary war.
So was "United States of America" (though I'd note Palestine is in fact not a made up name and has been used for millenia to describe the region). What about it?
Maybe if the Palestinians would comport themselves like a civilized "nation", they could resolve the situation

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Who named the region "Palestine?"

It makes no difference who called it Palestine. The first possibility of indigenous rule in over 2000 years came in 1948. It was accepted by Israel, and rejected by the indigenous Arabs, tribal peoples, who now called themselves Palestinians.

Reactions: DerSchweik
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Maybe if the Palestinians would comport themselves like a civilized "nation", they could resolve the situation

The solution is amazingly simple. When Palestinians accept Israel as a legitimate neighbrour, there will be peace.
Everything else is negotiable.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,218,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think people are all bashing Israel, but people need to stop assuming Israel isn't at fault in certain areas.

There's no way of progressing until either one side is wiped out or both sides are willing to accept faults and make concessions.

People that tell themselves Israel hasn't done wrong are lying to themselves.

I agree with this statement...

Another problem with this whole mess is that people seem to feel the need to take a side on this one...although, I think in many cases, that side is chosen not by an evaluation of what's actually going on, but for ulterior motives.

Many Christians (a group with huge overlap with conservative political groups) want to support Israel for biblical reasons, many liberals oppose Israel simply because they want to contradict the conservative Christians, but don't seem to be speaking out against the other side.

I don't see many people coming out against both parties and saying "they're both wrong, we shouldn't be supporting either one".

There seems to be some "talking out of both sides of the mouth" going on when it comes to this topic. During the Bosnian crisis, George Bush 1 was criticized for not getting involved and not picking a side, yet Clinton was praised for assisting the Muslim side...yet, Bush 2 picks a side, and now all of the sudden it's wrong to pick a side when both sides have blood on their hands.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟562,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Both sides would have to value the lives of their children, unfortunately the only value that Hamas sees in Palestinian children, is their dead bodies for propaganda purposes, or using them as guided explosives...
So how do we deal with that?

Israel knows Hamas' MO, why do they continue to bomb them if they know children are being caught in the middle?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to be very blunt, right now people running around bashing Israel is just encouraging more violence, and it is supporting Hamas.

I know the images of dead children is heart-wrenching and pulls at your emotional heartstrings, I understand that, if you didn't feel that way, something is probably wrong with you. That being said, people are letting their emotions blind them from what is really going on, and you're only encouraging more children to be killed.

When you and I look at dead children, we're horrified, but when Hamas looks at dead children, they celebrate it because it means they have more fodder for propaganda.

When people condemn Israel over the deaths of Palestinian Children, they only encourage Hamas to keep using children as human shields, that's right the condemnations towards Israel is encouraging Hamas to use more children as human shields.

So instead of bashing Israel, people need to be voicing outrage at the behavior of Hamas, if using dead children as fodder for propaganda is no longer viable for them, I seriously believe we'd be seeing a lot fewer Palestinian Children being killed.

...long on rant but kind of short on facts. :wave:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟562,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't see many people coming out against both parties and saying "they're both wrong, we shouldn't be supporting either one".
That was the very first line I said in this thread. Both sides are wrong, both sides should stop killing each other. I don't support either one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GondwanaLand

Dec 8, 2013
✟44,972.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So you see the police and terrorists as morally equivalent?

I agree that police actions should not provoke people to violence.
Israel (the current regime in control) are not "the police". They are as much terrorists as Hamas are.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The West Bank Palestinians have eschewed violence, for the most part - how is that working for them?

So you are now advocating terrorist violence? tell that to the FBI and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe we are to support Israel because they are God's chosen people...not to mention that God says those who curse Israel will be cursed and those who bless Israel will be blessed! :amen:

Jews are the line through whom the Redeemer came into the world. We benefit while Israel for the most part has its understanding veiled.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟910,475.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
So you are now advocating terrorist violence? tell that to the FBI and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Terrorism is a word.

Plenty of people were terrorists.

Nelson Mandela was a terrorist. People wanted him hung. Now he's allegedly a hero.

If America broke free from Britain today in the same manner they did way back when, we'd probably call them terrorists as well.

Ultimately it comes down to the fact that when people are backed into a corner, they do what they have to do to survive. Palestinians have lost land in leaps and bounds for over half a century and the rest of the world looks on and does nothing. In fact, they do worse than nothing, they back the people that should know better, that are expected to know better... So is it any surprise that they're bitter now? That they're just angry?

Imagine a world where Canada had a superior military to the US and they started invading the northern states and occupying them indefinitely. You don't think Americans would be angry? You don't think the citizens would fight back? You don't think the military would fight back? I guess they would be terrorists as well.

Just because Israel is America's golden boy, purely because America wants a friend in the region, and are as such tolerated when any other country would be outright condemned and probably have been under strict sanctions by now, it doesn't change the fact that they have and continue to do wrong.

There is fault on both sides. Until both sides are willing to accept that, there won't be progress.

Upvote 0
C

conamer

It makes no difference who called it Palestine. The first possibility of indigenous rule in over 2000 years came in 1948. It was accepted by Israel, and rejected by the indigenous Arabs, tribal peoples, who now called themselves Palestinians.

Okay, FYI;Hadrian was the dude who hated dem Joos who coined the term Palistine from the Latin translation of Philistia to do away with Israel as an insult after having subdued them in the second century.

There is no reference to "Palestine"in the NT.

"So he(Joseph) got up, took his took the child and his wife to the land of Israel." Matthew 2:21

Last edited:
Upvote 0