Why some of the questions?

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Strivax. Why some of the Questions? Yes Why? I daresay it is because we all are different, we look at things differently. Matthew 22: 35-40: tells us much. Jesus points out: "The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like
it: love thy neighbour as thyself." These two Commandment say all we need to say and do, on these Commandments hang all the Law and all the Prophets.
God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. Matthew 7: 7-10: tell us: " Ask and you shall receive." We ask for love and joy, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour: all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends.
The Bible tells us: "Repent and be Born Again," We give up all selfish wishes and wants, and start loving and caring, be kind and helpful, always use friendly words. God will see our loving efforts, and God will approve and bless us. The Holy Spirit help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we get up and ask God to forgive us, and carry on loving.
I say this with love, Strivax. Greetings from Emmy, your friend in Christ.

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Some repeatedly debated topics are fruitless past a point. This should tell us something, many matters in the christian faith involve paradox and mystery, and trying to rationally settle them to everyone's satisfaction will be impossible. The arguments take place quite often because the modern mind has a difficulty with paradox and mystery, it wants to rationalistically settle a matter. Conversion has to first rewire the brain.

I've heard that the church in Eastern Europe is not like this, that they actually frown on intellectual questioning of the faith as if it's an insult to faith. Not sure if that's true but I suppose they're on one extreme and we here are on the other extreme. If it's true I'm not a big fan of it, I'd rather err on the side of over questioning then under, because under questioning is very scary for being vulnerable to brainwashing people into crazy cults. But you're right a lot of arguments are for the sport of arguing and people can get trapped into a lifestyle of just trying to win arguments all the time.

Upvote 0