Midwest
✟111,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We know Jesus saved people and forgave their sins.

But he never once "baptized" anyone in water..

You are correct! John 4:2
Instead, He commanded His disciples to baptize people in His name (in the names of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit) in order to make them His disciples. It is best for a person to do exactly as Jesus commands if he desires to inherit eternal life.
Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. nlt

Acts 8:12
But now the people believed Philip’s message of Good News concerning the Kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ. As a result, many men and women were baptized. nlt

Mark 16:16
Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned. nlt
First, you believe in Jesus Christ
Second, you consent to baptism because of your belief in Him
Third, you receive forgiveness of sins as a result of your baptism
Fourth, you receive salvation/justification as a result of the forgiveness of your sins by baptism
1 Corinthians 6:11
And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. nkjv

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

"Religious pride" or "Jn.8:51, Amen, anen, I say to you, if anyone shall guard my word, death he shall not at all see forever" Note you and I render a 'different translation,' let alone an extremely different interpretation, ie, not that I have the one valid interpretation? :amen:

Due to my 'fear' of our Living Lord, I must lose all debates, and I've always had an issue with the losing part, yet my 'fear' overides thus you and others win in the end. :thumbsup:

Old losing Jack

Who are you kidding Jack.. it's painfully obvious that you and many here could care less what the word of God actually does say.. because it plainly says that we are born again by the incorruptible seed of the word of God..

You claim it is corrupted..

No big deal, simply another example of where the word of God doesn't matter one iota to those who pretend it does.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Sorry, I thought I answered this awhile back, possibly didn't on this thread :sorry: "Born again" = one undergoes Jn.3:5; Matt.28:19. based upon not a "different gospel" (IICor.11:4), eg, Jn.7:53-8:10 only the tip of a massive iceberg of discrepancies dealing with Bible translations. Basing "born again" on a "different gospel" (You and I have a 'different gospel just based upon the way you responded to my previous posts, ie, lacking a 'fear' of God - Rom3:18 - caring less if you offend a Living God or even provoke Him) - btw didn't offend me or etc. as I even enjoy responses such as yours, and ask our Lord to not hold those sins against you (dismissal of sins dealing with me) as a true Christian brother, ie, your not the only one my true friend lacking a 'fear' of God on this great forum basing your 'fear' on a 'different gospel'. :amen: Example only, and only my opinion. :thumbsup:

We can't all be as godly as you Jack..

You pretend to fear God and then at the same time teach others that His word is corrupt..

That's probably not going to go over very well in the end.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are correct! John 4:2
Instead, He commanded His disciples to baptize people in His name (in the names of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit) in order to make them His disciples. It is best for a person to do exactly as Jesus commands if he desires to inherit eternal life.
Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. nlt

Acts 8:12
But now the people believed Philip’s message of Good News concerning the Kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ. As a result, many men and women were baptized. nlt

Mark 16:16
Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned. nlt
First, you believe in Jesus Christ
Second, you consent to baptism because of your belief in Him
Third, you receive forgiveness of sins as a result of your baptism
Fourth, you receive salvation/justification as a result of the forgiveness of your sins by baptism
1 Corinthians 6:11
And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. nkjv

salvation is not contingent on a water baptism.

The thief on the cross is a perfect example..

Are you telling me all 12 disciples were baptized by John?

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Another lie to deceive the masses and to minimize the importance of the word of God was to get men to believe that water baptism is what makes a person born again.

That's as subtil as it gets IMO..

Water baptism saves no one and it certainly doesn't result in a person being born of God.. Only His living and powerful word can do that.. As faith comes by hearing the word of God..

Yes, even the incorruptible word of God which lives and abides for ever.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

The above mentioned lie has resulted in multitudes being taught that they're born of God because some priest dipped them in water... And in most cases when they were too young to understand the importance and significance of being baptized in water.

At the same time the word of God is minimized as some corrupted set of instructions coming from God which only the clergy are capable of seeing with a discerning eye..

After awhile it begins to be obvious as to where all this nonsense comes from..

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Another lie to deceive the masses and to minimize the importance of the word of God was to get men to believe that water baptism is what makes a person born again.

That's as subtil as it gets IMO..

Water baptism saves no one and it certainly doesn't result in a person being born of God.. Only His living and powerful word can do that.. As faith comes by hearing the word of God..

Yes, even the incorruptible word of God which lives and abides for ever.
"The words which I speak. They are Spirit and they are Life".
Are you saying that EVERYTHING that you say is the absolute truth and that you are NEVER wrong about anything that you post on this site?

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

"The words which I speak. They are Spirit and they are Life".
Are you saying that EVERYTHING that you say is the absolute truth and that you are NEVER wrong about anything that you post on this site?

Not at all, that would be the words which the Word speaks..

The Lord Jesus Christ..

I'm not the Word.. He is.

Remember this.. Let God be true and every man (certainly myself included) a liar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
O

Old Timer

Unfortunately many get buried alive. There is no resurrection life, if there is no death.

Especially if they're baptized as an infant.. when there's no understanding of repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ.. and dare I even say.. no need.

Doesn't stop the multitudes from believing it's truth though, does it?

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Who are you kidding Jack.. it's painfully obvious that you and many here could care less what the word of God actually does say.. because it plainly says that we are born again by the incorruptible seed of the word of God..

You claim it is corrupted..

No big deal, simply another example of where the word of God doesn't matter one iota to those who pretend it does.

Sorry you feel that way my brother,

Old Jack :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
We can't all be as godly as you Jack..

You pretend to fear God and then at the same time teach others that His word is corrupt..

That's probably not going to go over very well in the end.

Thank you again for your honesty my brother.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Sorry you feel that way my brother,

It's not like it's anything new..

It's not as though it matters that the Apostle to the circumcision teaches us that we're born again by the incorruptible seed of the word of God..

We have people right here in a Christian forum who say that the word of God is corrupt... that's it's only half truths..

Imagine that..

See what I mean.. it's not as though the truth matters Jack.. how could it to someone who has been led to believe that it's only half truth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
salvation is not contingent on a water baptism.

Dismissal of sins and receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit is contingent upon undergoing a water baptismal rebirth, eg, Jn.3:3, 5; Matt.28:19; and Acts 2:38, 39. :amen:

The thief on the cross is a perfect example..

A perfect example of the God-man Jesus (part of the Trinity) personally dismissing sins. :idea:

Are you telling me all 12 disciples were baptized by John?

:thumbsup: John the Baptist. :amen:

Old agreeing to disagree Jack

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
What is going to make a HUGE difference soon; Jesus is coming FOR His Bride. Those who don't believe it will be among those left behind.

Being left behind is SERIOUS business. It is not the Father's will for any. His will is that we escape what is to come.

LAMAD

Upvote 0