Why not?

What is it with all of the christian people who are not dating anymore? Do you really thing God wants you to sit on your bum and wait for God to send that person to you? I dont think God wants us to QUIT just because we had some bad experience. Now if you think you have a gift of being single and concentrating on God that is one thing, but if you actually DO want to find someone dont QUIT! there is someone out there for everyone, and i dont think ( sadly ) God is going to flash a neon sign infront of the person you should spend the rest of your life with.
/rant off :D

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Um, I don't think that any of us are sitting on our bums waiting for God to drop the right person out of the sky. Nor are we waiting for neon signs, flashes of lightning or the Goodyear blimp to tell us who to marry.

We are earnestly seeking God's will for our lives. It may look like we're doing nothing, but waiting on God is really, really doing something.

How long have you been married, fuzyball, and where did you meet your husband?

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Ah! Well, we've probably all been through it. But I think very few people are really looking for some amazing sign, and most of us are just looking for honest spiritual and emotional compatibility.

We just sometimes struggle with the way things are.

What's that saying, "Things aren't the way I wish they were, they are just the way they are."

Upvote 0
It just seems like there is alot of christian books and such that tend to emphasize puting dating down. Now i do believe that alot of 'secular' dating is done the wrong way. I told this girl i wanted to become best friends with her before i even tried to date her. I was best friends with her for 4 months and now she wants 'her space'. She told me i was the perfect guy for her but it wasnt 'Gods will'. Im not bashing her i just dont understand.
I guess im just fusterated. Sorry for the rant. im working on a broken heart i guess.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Hey, it's okay to rant. It's just us here and we all rant sometime or another.

Sometimes a person does just want space. Even when things are going along fine, you just one day wake up and say, "I need a little space from romance right now."

Give her the space and she might be back. I've seen it happen.

But if you try to get her back, you'll chase her away forever.

Besides, it might be that God told her to get some space because she's not his best will for you and he wants to make you available for the girl who is.

And don't worry so much about what Christian books say. A lot of them are written just to turn a buck and not because they are sound ideas. I could make a list. :(

Upvote 0

the_man

" My heart is spoken for&
Nov 21, 2002
Boulder CO
✟16,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
fuzybal said:
What is it with all of the christian people who are not dating anymore? Do you really thing God wants you to sit on your bum and wait for God to send that person to you? I dont think God wants us to QUIT just because we had some bad experience. Now if you think you have a gift of being single and concentrating on God that is one thing, but if you actually DO want to find someone dont QUIT! there is someone out there for everyone, and i dont think ( sadly ) God is going to flash a neon sign infront of the person you should spend the rest of your life with.
/rant off :D

It is a broad brush and a lot of paint that you work with in the quote above my friend. I would suggest that there are more possibilities (valid even) with Christian singles that choose not to date.

I would suggest also that while we are not married, we all have the gift of being single and should be concentrating on God. But even if we were dating (married even), cocentration on God should not dissappear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jenptcfan

My cup runneth over
Jun 15, 2002
✟14,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think a lot of the books you're thinking of that say dating is bad, don't necessarily tell us to sit on our bums. For instance, 'I Kissed Dating Goodbye' by Joshua Harris encourages that we throw off the traditional idea of dating for recreation and wait until we're mature enough to pursue relationships which might eventually lead to marriage. The idea is that every time we're in a dating relationship just for fun, we run the risk of breaking hearts and hurting people. As Christians, we're called to be loving towards everyone, and sometimes, dating someone on a whim is not a loving thing to do. It suggests a better alternative of maintaining Christian friendships, and really spending our single time getting closer to God and letting him mold us into husband or wife material before we pursue a relationship.

It sounds like you're a pretty responsible dater if you were nurturing your friendship with the girl you were interested in (before dating). My hat goes off to you! If it's meant to be, it will be. If it's not meant to be, it's because God has something even BETTER in store for you! Good luck to you!

Upvote 0