Why is scripture so fuzzy about heaven and hell?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
I note how the fire and brimstone are in the presence of Jesus and His angels, but they are not tormented by it!

This, I personally understand, can be because Jesus and the holy angels have character which can not be burnt and tormented by the fire and brimstone.

And so, if Satan and his children can suffer in fire and brimstone, this is because they have wrong character, not of God's love.

A selfish character is weak enough to suffer fear and other torment. But if we live in God's love which we have through Jesus, this love has God's almighty immunity against suffering in fear and other cruel and anti-love things >

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment." (in 1 John 4:18)

Fear is a thing of hell. So, already some number of humans are experiencing how hell is, but not as much as ones can after they no longer have their physical bodies.

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟618,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't complain to me and I won't complain back. I think they call that quid pro quo.
You constantly complain about something you say you don't care about. I think they call that goofy.

• Agree
Reactions: Hmm
Upvote 0