Why is it that you can't just tell a girl that you have a crush on her?

the_man

" My heart is spoken for&
Nov 21, 2002
Boulder CO
✟16,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
p60 said:
Why is it that you can't just go up to a girl and tell her you have a crush on her, or that you like her,
or why can't you just tell a lot of other people that you like her?

Like I want to... but there's this quelling uneasiness inside that prevents me from doing so. Why is this?
You can...you'd just scare her away. We all know it's not that easy, if it were, relationships would happen just like *snaps fingers* that. Now, if someone latches onto you strong and quick, you assume they want something from you. So would she if you go up to her and tell her you have a crush on her/like her. You can talk to her, find out who she really is and after you have more information on her, you can tell her that you like her.

Upvote 0
F

FarFromHome

p60 said:
Why is it that you can't just go up to a girl and tell her you have a crush on her, or that you like her,
or why can't you just tell a lot of other people that you like her?

Like I want to... but there's this quelling uneasiness inside that prevents me from doing so. Why is this?

I've been suffering from this with the same girl for 2.5 years now. I'm very shy and she is just as shy as I am. The reason I haven't approached her besides being so shy, is that I feel I'm not worthy of any relationship with her. Her walk is what attracted me to her, but she is on a different level. She is who I look to for an example of how to live a Christ honoring life!

Upvote 0

p60

Nov 26, 2003
✟131.00
Faith
Non-Denom
FarFromHome said:
I've been suffering from this with the same girl for 2.5 years now. I'm very shy and she is just as shy as I am. The reason I haven't approached her besides being so shy, is that I feel I'm not worthy of any relationship with her. Her walk is what attracted me to her, but she is on a different level. She is who I look to for an example of how to live a Christ honoring life!

the scary thing is that this is exactly the same situation that I am in.
There is this girl that I really like (who is in another country for the semester)
and she is just so high above me.

She is a near perfect Christian, and she is near perfect in every other way. Infact she's so perfect that it ****es me off. I just wish she had some flaws.

She's been an attractive and popular girl all thru highschool, and is in my college right now, and I think she's been a strong Christian the entire time to! I've seen a girl this blessed be so Godly at the same time.

Upvote 0

SmackYouTwice

Jan 13, 2004
Alberta
✟8,120.00
Faith
Christian
Quelling... I like that word. Going to have to look it up in the dictionary. hehe

It goes the same for us ladies... I'm crushin' on a guy and I can't tell him. And it's actually not so much that I can't... I want to make sure it's right... that it's in God's plan for me, for us... cuz once the feelings are expressed, it changes everything. Hopefully for the better, but ya know! I'm content just being friends... and not having the temptation to do something dumb... grr @ Satan! =P It's been really cool lately! Purity is of utmost importance!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

klewlis

cur tu me vexas?
Jan 27, 2004
Edmonton
Visit site
✟8,928.00
Faith
Christian
First off, no one is perfect and no one has a "near perfect" walk with God. She is just as human as you, and don't ever forget it (lest you have some unrealistic expectation of her ;).

Secondly, if you have a good friendship with someone, it shouldn't scare them off to tell them you like them. Your friendship should be able to withstand that even if the interest isn't mutual... so don't be afraid, just go for it! If you don't take the chance you will never know what could have been... but if you hardly know the person then take some time to get to know them first, and then see what happens.

Upvote 0

DogBluff

Miss Shopaholic
Aug 22, 2003
Aynor, South Carolina
Visit site
✟202.00
Faith
Methodist
klewlis said:
so don't be afraid, just go for it! QUOTE]

I agree! You've just got to go for it. If you don't, you'll always wonder , "what if?". I think that there's a misconception that guys have more fear of rejection than girls do. That's not true at all! Just always remember that you are just as great as anyone else and if you are indeed rejected when you finally confess your feelings, then it obviously wasn't meant to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hotknikkels

™Barbarian Christian™
Feb 11, 2003
Goiânia, Goiás, Brasil
Visit site
✟1,061.00
Faith
Christian
mmmmmm... I told my girl and she told me to calm down, so I am getting to know her better, but she is very wise, and guys, I guess I am trying to say, listen to the girls more, they have some good advice... I am waiting, but not sitting on my backside waiting, I am getting to know her much more each day and when it is right, we will start to go out!

Upvote 0