ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi! I grew up as atheist, then became Muslim, then became Christian, and am Christian for 24 years.

Why is Christianity so confused? I think that teaching of Jesus is so clear, so simple. Why did people create one million denominations and one million divisions within those denominations??

Why so hard to simply accept what Jesus is teaching, and live by it?

It looks like everyone is trying to create Theology in order to ignore the clear and pure teaching of Jesus Christ.

Do you agree?

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi! I grew up as atheist, then became Muslim, then became Christian, and am Christian for 24 years.

Why is Christianity so confused? I think that teaching of Jesus is so clear, so simple. Why did people create one million denominations and one million divisions within those denominations??

It looks like everyone is trying to create Theology in order to ignore the clear and pure teaching of Jesus Christ.

Do you agree?

Hi CFK,

Good to see you active on CF. In answer to your questions, I'd would simply say that God has always allowed some cognitive room for exploration; some things God has kept hidden from us, and some things God has made clear, and some things He has given us hints about, things for which there continually remains open investigation and interpretation.

Unfortunately, human beings, even Christian ones, sometimes have a penchant for cutting relational ties with those who disagree with them. Thus, new movements and new denominations are formed, and in which many times, the cycle is repeated.

But, the variety of interpretation among human beings isn't a phenomenon that is exclusive to Christianity--other religions have different sects and differences are evident even among the philosophies and the sciences, there are a variety of points of view on the same subjects. This is probably one reason Christ admonishes us to forgive each other, and for us to be patient, and forbearing, also willing to learn from one another, or at least to be willing to listen.

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I do agree, unreservedly. You've pretty much said what I've always thought.

God > Jesus > Cross > Resurrection - it's as simple as those four things. There's no grey area or 'variation' to that. It's a pretty straightforward concept.

The problem, is that far too many people focus too much on the minor details and not enough on the fundamentals. And of course, once you delve into the detail excessively, you move from the objective to the subjective - hence the divides in denomination.

It's all just a ploy to distract us all really.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Why is Christianity so confused?
YHWH created all things simple.
Men corrupted everything.

"Christianity" is simple, pure, true, set apart(holy), and right with YHWH. It is rare on earth. The disciple of Y'SHUA are actively hated and murdered in most countries, just like Y'SHUA says.

"Chritendom" is complicated, divisive , in error(much much error),
full of corrupt men and deceptive leaders and lying doctrines.
Most countries have been totally tricked by this.

Y'SHUA Approves of one, and not of the other.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do agree, unreservedly. You've pretty much said what I've always thought.

God > Jesus > Cross > Resurrection - it's as simple as those four things. There's no grey area or 'variation' to that. It's a pretty straightforward concept.

The problem, is that far too many people focus too much on the minor details and not enough on the fundamentals. And of course, once you delve into the detail excessively, you move from the objective to the subjective - hence the divides in denomination.

It's all just a ploy to distract us all really.
Hmm.......I think when it comes to some interpretations it is more important than one might think. Calvinist compared to non-Calvinist belief of how one is saved can effect how they present the Gospel to non-believers.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hmm.......I think when it comes to some interpretations it is more important than one might think. Calvinist compared to non-Calvinist belief of how one is saved can effect how they present the Gospel to non-believers.
It is just exactly like Richard Wurmbrand ("TORTURED FOR CHRIST") pointed out -
YHWH could use some to direct his (Richard's) steps some days,
but if they did not live in CHRIST, they could not bring him(Richard) to CHRIST.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Do you agree?
Yes, Christ Teaching is Pure, and simple.
Love your Father with all your mind, heart,and strength and love your neighbor as yourself.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to all who are new in Traditional Theology! Please remember to read the Statement of Purpose. Just scroll to the top of the screen. The link is at the top of all threads in Traditional Theology.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read the Statement of Purpose!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Do you agree?

I agree. It doesn't get any simpler than: love.

But then you have the Scribes and Pharisees and Lawyers, and we know what Jesus had to say about them. But by my count, it shouldn't be long before they're rooted out.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, there is nothing more "Traditional" than the religion Y'SHUA and the disciples lived, grew up during, and daily practiced.

The same instructions Y'SHUA gives in HIS WORD, to HIS OWN disciples,
are applicable eternally, (yesterday, today, and forever).

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, there is nothing more "Traditional" than the religion Y'SHUA and the disciples lived, grew up during, and daily practiced.

The same instructions Y'SHUA gives in HIS WORD, to HIS OWN disciples,
are applicable eternally, (yesterday, today, and forever).

Remember in the context of this forum, when posting, the definition that matters is the Statement of Purpose's definition of Traditional. Outside of posting in this forum, you can define Traditional in whatever way you see fit.

That said, I believe that the definition of Traditional in the SoP is the same as what Jesus and His disciples passed down to the Church and Body of Christ.

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Remember in the context of this forum, when posting, the definition that matters is the Statement of Purpose's definition of Traditional. Outside of posting in this forum, you can define Traditional in whatever way you see fit.

That said, I believe that the definition of Traditional in the SoP is the same as what Jesus and His disciples passed down to the Church and Body of Christ.

I'm sorry - wrong subforum. I will ask moderators to move to proper one.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

No worries about it being in the forum - we'd be happy to answer it. I'd like to explain more about my thoughts on the matter if you are open to additional opinions, but it will need to be later this evening due to time. I'm sure you will get other answers as well. We all can explain our opinion here even if it isn't "Traditional", but I wanted to make people aware of the SoP. Our main requirement is respectful discussion. I do think it is a very good question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do you agree?
I don't believe it was GOD's intention to divide and to break off in different factions.

But not all have grown up into their faith and the outward forms of worship in community with other believers seem to have taken precedence over the FOUNDATION of our faith which should be in and only in CHRIST JESUS....

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately, human beings, even Christian ones, sometimes have a penchant for cutting relational ties with those who disagree with them. Thus, new movements and new denominations are formed, and in which many times, the cycle is repeated.

This is true - we're a stubborn group. Some won't concede or bend because of pride, some stay away from certain things because of ignorance and fear leading them, so you keep getting splits. As long as we can all agree to get along, even if not in one place, that's hoping for a lot.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,080.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
No worries about it being in the forum - we'd be happy to answer it. I'd like to explain more about my thoughts on the matter if you are open to additional opinions, but it will need to be later this evening due to time. I'm sure you will get other answers as well. We all can explain our opinion here even if it isn't "Traditional", but I wanted to make people aware of the SoP. Our main requirement is respectful discussion. I do think it is a very good question.

I agree with All4Christ. I'm Mark, one of the Administrators here at CF and this is a good topic. If it turns out that we need to move it later, we can. For now, it can stay here. Welcome to CF and welcome to Traditional Theology.:)

Regarding the topic, you posted in your opening post:
<Snip>

Do you agree?

There is much truth in what you posted. Certainly some people and groups have created theologies that can ignore or supersede the Gospel; I believe that these are in the minority.

Personally, I believe that the diversity within Christianity is most often the result of the faithful striving to follow Christ's teachings. The perception of error that some see clearly and others do not have often caused more division than almost anything else.

Some historic examples would be the great schism between the eastern Christians (Orthodox) and the the west (Catholic); Waldensians and Hussites (Moravians) and the Catholic Church; Lutherans and Catholics; Anabaptists, Calvinists, other reformed and protestant bodies, and the Lutherans. These are all examples of error or the perception of error causing division because Christians were striving to get it right.

Even within the Anglican Church, many Bishops sought reform, again because of "errors"; yet, ultimately, it was Henry's desire for divorce that ultimately caused that division.

With the exception of Henry in what I listed, everyone single group was striving to be the best Christians that they could be.

While these divisions often caused strife and hardship with wars and persecutions, today this forum is a microcosm of what is happening in the world. Divisions still separate us, but now, in some cases 100's of years later, we are again talking and striving to understand.

Even with divisions, there can be a unity of faith even when praxis and theology vary.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,080.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe it was GOD's intention to divide and to break off in different factions.

But not all have grown up into their faith and the outward forms of worship in community with other believers seem to have taken precedence over the FOUNDATION of our faith which should be in and only in CHRIST JESUS....

Such may well be the case; at Babel God confounded language (a unifying factor) into many because in this case too much unity was taking everyone in the wrong direction. Maybe, the different divisions of the Church act as a governor or a rectifier for Christians as a whole.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Such may well be the case; at Babel God confounded language (a unifying factor) into many because in this case too much unity was taking everyone in the wrong direction. Maybe, the different divisions of the Church act as a governor or a rectifier for Christians as a whole.
Yet those born of HIS SPIRIT who had been scattered have now been gathered provided (as John 15 and 1 John 2 (further explains)) we must REMAIN in HIM

If we keep EVER before us what we began in (that is, THE FOUNDATION of our faith which should be the same for all who claim to belong to HIM) we too will remain in both THE FATHER and THE SON ....and this is what HE promises us. even eternal life(1 John 2:24)

Upvote 0