Australia
Visit site
✟8,016.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exactly, but read this,

...and "the bible says so and everything it says is ultimately law" won't apply to my way of thinking.

That happens only if you take it out of context without understanding the language, style and form behind those words.

But read what I wrote again, sex is part of a process, it just happens to be very enjoyable as it should be.

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am actually shocked at this blasphemy. Really and truly shocked.
LOL well OK, there are so many other things in the world to be shocked at, but you know, whatever shocks your boat, I guess... ^_^

Reactions: IreneAdler
Upvote 0
I

ImperialPhantom

I see a point in this. The general idea of heaven that most seem to have makes it sound like we'll be wearing white robes, praying to and serving God for all eternity, which is certainly a very human and very Apollonian idea of heaven, and one that might put me off were I a nonbeliever. Back in the garden of Eden, the impression that I get based on the creation story, is that man was intended to be in full communion with God, and that the idea of 'master and servant' so to speak, didn't come around until the fall. Heaven will have wonders far, far beyond our wildest imagination. My belief is that rather than being a seperate place altogether, the 'new earth' will be/include this earth, restored to what God originally intended it to be, and us with it.

Tangent much. So will there still be sexuality in heaven? I have no reason to doubt it. God created sexuality, and He called it good.

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
That smacks of Mormonism....is constantly amazed at how people twist the Word.
Uh no. Mormonism is when a man can have lots of wives. As King David did. :p ;) well thats not what it is, but thats what you're referring to.

I think the OP is honestly very silly. Looking at the author, I can't imagine the authors of the NT being exactly sex hippies. The culture would never even lend itself to thinking that it would ever, in some alterior world, be OK to have sex with whoever we wanted. So I can't see why they would be thinking this. Of course, my reasoning will not exactly by very popular reasoning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Uh no. Mormonism is when a man can have lots of wives. As King David did. :p ;) well thats not what it is, but thats what you're referring to.

I think the OP is honestly very silly. Looking at the author, I can't imagine the authors of the NT because exactly sex hippies. The culture would never even lend itself to thinking that it would ever, in some alterior world, be OK to have sex with whoever we wanted. So I can't see why they would be thinking this. Of course, my reasoning will not exactly by very popular reasoning.

:doh: I think you need to read the OP again. He didn't say anything about it being "OK to have sex with whoever we wanted."

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
:doh: I think you need to read the OP again. He didn't say anything about it being "OK to have sex with whoever we wanted."
Lets face it. If marriage is abolished, then where are the limits placed? I don't even mean to say that in a deogrative fashion, but simply, the limit of sex in marriage is really the only limit. There are social limits which keep it within relationships, though if one isn't in a relationship, without the moral-marriage-limit being imposed, we're free to have sex with whoever we want. His idea that marriage is imposed and was imposed biblically to keep sex within two people is flawed, because biblically polygamy was OK. So clearly, marriage wasn't just with one man and one wife necessarily.

If marriage in heaven is abolished, yet we still have sex, then it is sex with anyone. I don't see why that is a big deal, or something to be concerned with.

And I hope no one actually advocates for the idea that marriage isn't abolished.

I don't see anything in the Bible ever advocating the idea that marriage was imposed as an issue regarding sex within two people. Considering men had concubines it really seems like a way for a man to have some nice sexual property and for women to have stable resources to survive off. Man gets to have sex with girls, but he must support them in some manner. In return, helpless girl only has sex with her husband so all of the children born are certainly his, and not someone elses.

Upvote 0

KarrieTex

HOOK EM HORNS
Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2006
Houston, Texas
✟38,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

I think the OP is honestly very silly. Looking at the author, I can't imagine the authors of the NT being exactly sex hippies. The culture would never even lend itself to thinking that it would ever, in some alterior world, be OK to have sex with whoever we wanted. So I can't see why they would be thinking this. Of course, my reasoning will not exactly by very popular reasoning.

Actually, no you are wrong, I am not referring to having multiple wives. I am referring to their belief that they will become gods and goddess' over their own planet where the number one wife will be pregnant and populate that planet. Need to do some reading on Mormonism

Upvote 0

IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Actually I think she's referring to other doctrinal differences... as polygamy was pretty much a fact of life in the Torah, etc. and is part of Christian religious history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IreneAdler

Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Actually, no you are wrong, I am not referring to having multiple wives. I am referring to their belief that they will become gods and goddess' over their own planet where the number one wife will be pregnant and populate that planet. Need to do some reading on Mormonism
See, I was right! Although that's not a standard belief in all sects of mormonism... just so ya know

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Lets face it. If marriage is abolished, then where are the limits placed? I don't even mean to say that in a deogrative fashion, but simply, the limit of sex in marriage is really the only limit. There are social limits which keep it within relationships, though if one isn't in a relationship, without the moral-marriage-limit being imposed, we're free to have sex with whoever we want. His idea that marriage is imposed and was imposed biblically to keep sex within two people is flawed, because biblically polygamy was OK. So clearly, marriage wasn't just with one man and one wife necessarily.

You're missing one key point. That in the hereafter we will be morally perfect beings.

The social, religious and legal restrictions that you speak of are all designed for one purpose - to keep sin in check.

If there is no sin, there is no need of any restrictions/laws.

Thus, even without the construct of marriage - perfect beings would not be practicing licentiousness but would rather desire to be monogamous.

If marriage in heaven is abolished, yet we still have sex, then it is sex with anyone. I don't see why that is a big deal, or something to be concerned with.

Do you not? Hmm.

And I hope no one actually advocates for the idea that marriage isn't abolished.

I don't see anything in the Bible ever advocating the idea that marriage was imposed as an issue regarding sex within two people.

Did you miss that part about Adam and Eve? That's the model for marriage - one man, one woman. Adam needed a helper, God gave him ONE woman - not a harem of women.

Considering men had concubines it really seems like a way for a man to have some nice sexual property and for women to have stable resources to survive off. Man gets to have sex with girls, but he must support them in some manner. In return, helpless girl only has sex with her husband so all of the children born are certainly his, and not someone elses.

The fact that mankind later twisted and perverted what God intended should come as no surprise. Sin entered in and mankind messed things up. The polygamous model should no more be our model than the adulterous/murderous model of David and Bathsheba.

Just because something is in the the Bible doesn't mean that the Bible is advocating it.

Upvote 0

KarrieTex

HOOK EM HORNS
Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2006
Houston, Texas
✟38,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
See, I was right! Although that's not a standard belief in all sects of mormonism... just so ya know

You knew nothing or know nothing of me.

It's the main theology of LDS.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟44,079.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If anything it sounds Islamic.. but I don't think he's going for that.

I think what we're missing here is the point of sex and marriage. To produce heirs, make more humans. Will there be a need for such things? It's all wired to make babies, not just to feel good.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This entire thread could become the new slogan for Christianity: "Convert now and enjoy an eternity of wild sex!":p

The Bible says there will be no marriage in heaven. Since sex is meant to be confined to a married couple I would assume that would mean it would be absent in heaven as well. I'm just guessing here though; actually saying what heaven will be like is something I can't speak confidently on. I'm sure whatever we'll experience in heaven will be far greater and more satisfying than physical intimacy.

Upvote 0

IreneAdler

Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you saying we can make babies in heaven? I don't care what people do, but it's called the reproductive system for a reason. Sex leads to babies.
No, I'm saying your supposition that it's only for or primarily for procreation is wrong.

Upvote 0