Not open for further replies.

Frenzy

Nov 13, 2015
✟663.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
False, since animals are innocent because they do not have the ability to know both good and evil. Only God and Humans (descendants of Adam) have this ability. Gen 3:22 It is because Humans were First made and we are destined to have dominion or rule over ALL other living creatures. Gen 1:28

***Apart from using our brains what does another ape do that we don't? and what do we do that another ape doesn't.

Humans judge and reason but NO animal does. It's because Adam, the first Human, was made more than 10 Billion years BEFORE the first bacteria appeared in the water on our planet, on the 5th Day, Gen 1:21 which was some 3.77 Billion years ago, in man's time. Humans were made with an intelligence level like God's and this superior intelligence MUST be inherited.

***If an Orang-utan could imagine a heaven would there be an Orang-utan heaven? after all if it works for us why wouldn't it work for Orang-utans?

ALL innocent creatures have a ticket to Heaven like people who put their faith in Jesus become innocent, when they are born again. Amen?
False, since animals are innocent because they do not have the ability to know both good and evil. Only God and Humans (descendants of Adam) have this ability. Gen 3:22 It is because Humans were First made and we are destined to have dominion or rule over ALL other living creatures. Gen 1:28

***Apart from use our brains what does another ape do that we don't? and what do we do that another ape doesn't.

Humans judge and reason but NO animal does. It's because Adam, the first Human, was made more than 10 Billion years BEFORE the first bacteria appeared in the water on our planet, on the 5th Day, Gen 1:21 which was some 3.77 Billion years ago, in man's time. Humans were made with an intelligence level like God's and this superior intelligence MUST be inherited.

***If an Orang-utan could imagine a heaven would there be an Orang-utan heaven? after all if it works for us why wouldn't it work for Orang-utans?

ALL innocent creatures have a ticket to Heaven like people who put their faith in Jesus become innocent, when they are born again. Amen?
10 billion years? that's amazing, [in more ways than one]
Do Americans think this is normal behaviour?

Upvote 0

: D

Nov 12, 2015
south coast UK
✟7,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your children are animals and so are you, if you don't like the idea just tell yourself you are not animals, you will still be animals but you will feel a whole lot better about it.
Apart from using our brains what does another ape do that we don't? and what do we do that another ape doesn't.
If an Orang-utan could imagine a heaven would there be an Orang-utan heaven? after all if it works for us why wouldn't it work for Orang-utans?
you might think you and your children are animals,
I beg to differ.

do you have any evidence that any animal displays high altruism like us humans ?

: )

Upvote 0

Frenzy

Nov 13, 2015
✟663.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Your children are animals and so are you, if you don't like the idea just tell yourself you are not animals, you will still be animals but you will feel a whole lot better about it.
Apart from using our brains what does another ape do that we don't? and what do we do that another ape doesn't.
If an Orang-utan could imagine a heaven would there be an Orang-utan heaven? after all if it works for us why wouldn't it work for Orang-utans?
I beg to differ.

do you have any evidence that any animal displays high altruism like us humans ?
Did you not notice the part where I said 'Apart from using our brains'?

We are animals just like all of the other animals, our specialty is our brains.

Upvote 0

Nov 12, 2015
south coast UK
✟7,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you not notice the part where I said 'Apart from using our brains'?

We are animals just like all of the other animals, our specialty is our brains.
so we are unlike animals if we include the human brain,

this must mean only humans without a human brain can be classed as animals,

do you have a human brain ?

edit -you could still answer which animals display high altruism like humans if you wish.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I beg to differ.

Here is a study on mobbing behaviour.

Reciprocal Altuism study

Evidence provided.

Upvote 0

Nov 12, 2015
south coast UK
✟7,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is a study on mobbing behaviour.

Reciprocal Altuism study

Evidence provided.
not quite,
for starters your link only gives a short abstract, maybe you could pay the thirty quid so we could see the actual evidence,

also reciprocal altruism differs from high altruism,
maybe you could outline why animal reciprocal altruism is completely different from high altruism as displayed by humans,
and when you do this (which im sure you will because im sure you are not trying to mislead people or pretend the two are the same thing) we will learn that what you provided is unrelated to the request.

thanks.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
not quite,
for starters your link only gives a short abstract, maybe you could pay the thirty quid so we could see the actual evidence,

maybe you could outline why animal reciprocal altruism is completely different from high altruism as displayed by humans,
and when you do this (which im sure you will because im sure you are not trying to mislead people or pretend the two are the same thing) we will learn that what you provided is unrelated to the request.

thanks.

You need to define 'high' altruism. I do not know how high altruism differed from altruism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Sorry, that is very poor wording. Scientists did not reject the Bible's story (which is not the same as "God's story) of a worldwide flood. They showed that it never happened. No lies were needed. If you are honest and will look at the evidence even you will have to admit that there never was a worldwide flood. In fact many Christians disagree with you. Most, if they believe the Noah story at all, only believe in a local flood.

The traditional religious flood story is at fault because it does NOT agree with Scripture. Here's the real story in the Bible:

It rained for 40 days and nights in Adam's solid firmament which protected Adam's Earth from the water which totally surrounded his firmament. Gen 1:6-8 After 40 days of rain Gen 7:12 AFTER the windows on top of the solid firmament were opened Gen 7:11 Noah entered the Ark. After more rain, the Ark lifted up above Adam's Earth.

The flood prevailed until the high hills were covered and increased until the flood was 22.5 feet deep and the mountains were covered.

Gen 7:20 Fifteen cubits (22.5 feet) upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

Adam's FLAT Earth was covered with only 22.5 feet of Flood.

As the solid firmament sank, the Ark continued out the windows which were opened to cause it to rain for 40 days. The 450 foot long Ark arrived in Lake Van, Turkey, the largest Lake in the mountains of Ararat. A Raven was released and flew to the shore and NEVER returned to the Ark. A Dove was released and returned to the Ark making Noah believe the world was still covered by water. He sent the Dove out again and it returned to the Ark with an Olive leaf it had picked from the shore of the Lake.

In this way, God brought Humans (descendants of Adam) to our Planet of people who had evolved from the common ancestor of Apes, whose origin was in the water. Noah's grandsons married these prehistoric people and had children with them. Gen 6:4 Thus our Planet of Apes became the home of Humans (descendants of Adam) some 11k years ago and here is the empirical historic PROOF of the arrival of the first Human farmers on this Planet. Human history can be traced to these people. Amen?

http://www.fsmitha.com/h1/map00-fc.html

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
10 billion years? that's amazing, [in more ways than one]
Do Americans think this is normal behaviour?

Adam was made the 3rd Day, the SAME Day his Earth was made, Gen 2:4-7. He was made BEFORE the plants, herb, rain and TREES since they were made AFTER Adam was made. Gen 2:8-9

God also made other HeavenS on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4 He made the first firmament which He called Heaven on the 2nd Day. Gen 1:8 Check it our Scripturally and realize that Adam was made the SAME Day/Age that the Big Bang of our Cosmos took place. Gen 2:4

Adam lived until some 12-15k years ago, and the Flood was some 11k years ago according to Scripture AND History. http://www.fsmitha.com/h1/map00-fc.
Adam had a perfect body which was made like the perfect body of Jesus and like the bodies Christians will have for Eternity in Heaven. Amen?

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟929,073.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
If apes did not exist, what would be the easiest species to approach as being human kin? Metaphorically speaking.
Ants? We certainly have much social attributes to them
Elephants? Can paint, have excellent memory.
Penguins, very family oriented
If there were no apes or monkeys we would have eventually discovered that tarsiers and lemurs had more structurally and genetically in common with humans then other animals alive.

There would presumably be fossil evidence linking is to them as well.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,780.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
not quite,

Provide a definition of high altruism please.

How does it differ from reciprocal altruism? What are its unique qualities?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
?
funny film.

what has that got to do with you explaining the difference between animals reciprocal altruism and humans high altruism ?

are you distancing yourself from the "evidence" so soon ?

Oops. I meant high altruism. I should have said 'please define high altruism'.

I would have thought you would have been able to recognise a typo.

Upvote 0

Nov 12, 2015
south coast UK
✟7,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Provide a definition of high altruism please.

How does it differ from reciprocal altruism? What are its unique qualities?
Oops. I meant high altruism. I should have said 'please define high altruism'.

I would have thought you would have been able to recognise a typo.

did not realise it was a typo, just thought it was a rapid subject change.

some breadcrumbs to help you on your way.....
if you understood the concept of reciprocal altruism in animals then high altruism in humans is self explanatory.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
did not realise it was a typo, just thought it was a rapid subject change.

some breadcrumbs to help you on your way.....
if you understood the concept of reciprocal altruism in animals then high altruism in humans is self explanatory.

No, I asked if you could define high altruism for me. I believe you have made the 'high' part up; prove me wrong.

Upvote 0

Nov 12, 2015
south coast UK
✟7,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, I asked if you could define high altruism for me. I believe you have made the 'high' part up; prove me wrong.
because you cant find it on google ?
I think we have done this dance before.

google is only as good as the human using it.

do you now reject your own "evidence" ?
do you understand as to why your "evidence" is unrelated and invalid to the thread subject ?

"prove me wrong"
all in good time.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
because you cant find it on google ?
I think we have done this dance before.

google is only as good as the human using it.

do you now reject your own "evidence" ?
do you understand as to why your "evidence" is unrelated and invalid to the thread subject ?

"prove me wrong"
all in good time.

So you can't. Google provides no hits on 'high altruism'. I have to conclude you made it up.

End of story.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.