Dec 17, 2013
✟14,901.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You're deflecting again AV1611VET, but then life is all about denial and deflection for you isn't it?
Get a grip, man. If AV bugs you then just ignore his posts. You can even put him on an ignore list if you lack the strength of will to just not engage. Then maybe you could make a substantive, on-topic post instead not-so-slowly spiralling into this vortex of ad hominem bulls*it. I see some people claim they do it for fun, but you don't seem like you're having fun. You sound frustrated. Chill out.

Upvote 0

Atheos canadensis

Dec 17, 2013
✟14,901.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
ATTENTION!

Did I get anyone's attention? There seems to be a lot of general apologetics going on here. It might therefore interest people to know that Christian Forums has recently introduced a new comment section specifically dedicated to providing a place for believers and non-believers to discuss apologetics. Isn't that cool? It is. I think I'll start a thread to advertise this fact as well.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Frenzy

Nov 13, 2015
✟663.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Get a grip, man. If AV bugs you then just ignore his posts. You can even put him on an ignore list if you lack the strength of will to just not engage. Then maybe you could make a substantive, on-topic post instead not-so-slowly spiralling into this vortex of ad hominem bulls*it. I see some people claim they do it for fun, but you don't seem like you're having fun. You sound frustrated. Chill out.
For a start it's 'get a grip woman', AV1611VET doesn't bug me in the slightest in fact he's quite a nice fellow, a little delusional perhaps but very nice also I really think it's you that needs to chill out because I'm fine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't aware Creation is science.

Indeed it isn't, but CF has put creation/evolution under the physical and life sciences heading.

Perhaps the mods should consider updating the statement of purpose of this forum to be more specific what the "Creation" in "Creation & Evolution" means.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

: D

Nov 12, 2015
south coast UK
✟7,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I provided a link discussing 'feet fossils' - Homo Naledi. What do you think about these?
yes a link full of discussion,
however I asked
don't tell me show me,
the claim was of "foot fossils" from Australopithecus,
do we really need Olympic sized mental gymnastics ?
either "foot fossils" exist or they don't.

now you want a subject change to Homo Naledi,
I had planned on letting you dig a hole but could not be bothered,
what do you think of the undated unclassified bones ?

wonkypedia states
"Three dating methods have been tried with inconclusive results, so local scientists are working on adapting another technique they expect can be performed in 2017"

• The research team proposes the bones represent a new species, naledi in the genus Homo; other experts contend further analysis is needed to support this classification.[9][21]
  • Paleoanthropologist Tim D. White said the significance of this discovery is unknown until dating has been completed and additional anatomical comparison with previously known fossils has been done.[22]
  • Rick Potts said that without an age there is no way to judge the evolutionary significance of this find.[24] He stated that "it's hard to know without a date whether it's from that period, as one of those experiments that then went nowhere, or whether it's in fact much less than one million years old. In that case, we could be talking about something that also didn't go anywhere and was just an isolated, probably very small population that persisted for a long time in splendid isolation."[22]
  • New York University anthropologist Susan Anton stated that even after dating, experts will likely spend many years striving to put these fossils in the proper context because there is no consensus in paleoanthropology about exactly how such comparisons are used to define the genus Homo. "Some would argue that striding bipedalism is a defining feature, so that being Homo means using a specific way of moving around the environment. Other scholars may look more to cranial characteristics as Homo family features."[22]
  • Bernard Wood, a paleoanthropologist at the George Washington University, agrees the remains represent a new species, but thinks the bones may represent a relict population that may have evolved in near isolation in South Africa, similar to another relict population, a small-brained species of Homo floresiensis from the island of Flores in Indonesia.[16]
  • With the number of individuals, and the sexes and age groups represented, scientists consider the find to be the richest assemblage of associated fossil hominins ever discovered in Africa,[16] and aside from the Sima de los Huesos collection and later Neanderthal and modern human samples, it (the excavation site) has the most comprehensive representation of skeletal elements across the lifespan, and from multiple individuals, in the hominin fossil record.[1][6]

: )

Upvote 0

Atheos canadensis

Dec 17, 2013
✟14,901.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
For a start it's 'get a grip woman', AV1611VET doesn't bug me in the slightest in fact he's quite a nice fellow, a little delusional perhaps but very nice also I really think it's you that needs to chill out because I'm fine.
I do need to chill out. Or I did. Now I am chill. But I still think it's annoying when threads become full of posts that are clearly not an attempt to promote relevant discussion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.