'Why Do You Hate Us?' He Asked. 'Because You're Mexicans,' She Replied.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
'Why Do You Hate Us?' He Asked. 'Because You're Mexicans,' She Replied.
A man and his mother were doing yard work in California when a woman unleashed a diatribe against Mexicans, and — invoking President Trump — called them rapists, animals and drug dealers.

The encounter was captured in a video that was posted on Twitter early Monday morning and had been viewed more than two million times by night.
In the video, which lasts about 35 seconds, the man — identified as Esteban Guzman — went back and forth with the unidentified woman, who at one point appeared to make a vulgar gesture with her middle finger.

"Why do you hate us?" Mr. Guzman asked.

"Because you're Mexicans," the woman said.

Mr. Guzman told the woman that "we're honest people." She laughed and countered with her own impressions: "Rapists. Animals. Drug dealers." She mentioned the president, who has at times made similar remarks about illegal immigrants coming across the border, often from Mexico.

• Informative
Reactions: Halbhh

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know anyone who hates Mexicans simply because they are Mexican. I'm sure they must exist, but I haven't met one in my almost 70 years of life. I can't say the same thing about some black people who hate white people for being white. In reality, we are all the same race, the human race. I realize that some people don't act like it.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

So the NYT printed an article within the last few days about how calling people racist, bigoted and etc just drives them TOWARD Trump. And since then, by my count, the very same NYT has printed three--count them, three--articles that are going to double down.

All right, challenge accepted, I guess? Or what, NYT? I mean yes, some Trump fans are racists. Some liberals are anarchists who hate America. So what? Who wins if we really play that game?

But here we are. All right then, the NYT wants to play.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟587,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know anyone who hates Mexicans simply because they are Mexican.
There have been people who have hated Jesus because He is Jesus. Ones had Him nailed to a cross and murdered.

And Jesus wants us to love any and all people. So, if I hate a Mexican it is because I hate Jesus.

If humans have had the ability to hate Jesus, how would they not have the ability to hate Mexicans and blacks and whites and police officers and the politicians they do not agree with?????

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,209,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know anyone who hates Mexicans simply because they are Mexican. I'm sure they must exist, but I haven't met one in my almost 70 years of life. I can't say the same thing about some black people who hate white people for being white. In reality, we are all the same race, the human race. I realize that some people don't act like it.

...then you must not have spent too much time in the rural areas of certain states.

I live in Ohio and there's still rural pockets not far from where I live where you can find plenty of racism against non-whites. I have a lot of family on my mom's side down in Kentucky and West Virginia and there are pockets down there where it's rampant. (and as ashamed as I am of them for it, my mom's side of the family is included in those pockets as you can't have a 10 minute conversation with them about anything without them blaming every other race and Jews for almost every societal ill)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,949.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Sadly, I know several people who hate the entire Mexican population simply because they are Mexican.

Legalized US citizens, born in the US, illegal US aliens, legal US aliens, those who live in Mexico, those who live elsewhere....makes no difference. All painted with the same broad brush.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Well, you sure are lucky fellow then. I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't know folks who hated Mexicans simply on account of them being Mexican or being assumed to be Mexican. I'm a heck of a lot younger than you. I was born in Atlanta, but we spent a couple of years & every summer of my childhood in a rural farming area where my grandparents live. Migrant workers are the ones who break their backs doing the hard labor of the farm work. White folks tend to stick their noses up in the air, refuse to do that hard work for the low wages it pays. For generations black people did the hard farming work, then the "Mexicans" (say that in quotations on account of how many are from other Central American countries but still referred to as Mexican). They think it's not work meant for white folks because when your head is bent down doing it, it gets sunburnt. Therefore, that a white person who works the field work in a farm is a redneck. Thing is, lots of them will just sit there & live off the government instead of getting up & doing the work, then have the audacity to resent the "Mexicans" who've "stolen" the jobs they refused to do in the 1st place. Lots of those migrant workers bought nice houses, have nice cars, have nice kids. So there's a lot of animosity towards them. Racism. A heck of a lot of racism towards blacks too. So much so that I didn't know the N word was even a bad word on account of having heard it so often, never once in our own household, but plenty of other places, till I got shamed for saying it when we were back in Atlanta. My mom was heartsick I'd learned that word, learned that hate (not from her.) I learned plenty of slurs for "Mexicans" too.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So to recap, you've never met a racist white person in all your 70 years of life (including the entire Civil Rights Era) and yet you know racist black people...
ummm okay... seriously I guess we see what we want to see. And your comment couldn't be more timely, there are literally thousands of Mexican kids being held in cages right now.

But yeah, no racism. got it.

5669.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

"Some people are racist!" ...news at 11.

Yeah, pretty much this. I dont' like stories like this. There are racist and ignorant jack holes of all ethnicities. No one race holds the monopoly on stupid racist ignorant people. And yes, I include my own race as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So to recap, you've never met a racist white person in all your 70 years of life (including the entire Civil Rights Era) and yet you know racist black people...
ummm okay... seriously I guess we see what we want to see. And your comment couldn't be more timely, there are literally thousands of Mexican kids being held in cages right now.

But yeah, no racism. got it.

5669.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, pretty much this. I dont' like stories like this. There are racist and ignorant jack holes of all ethnicities. No one race holds the monopoly on stupid racist ignorant people. And yes, I include my own race as well.

It's sad...sad this guy got harassed at his own home by some random lady on the street. I just don't see how it's news...surely everyone realizes there are racist people out there?

I guess if it goes viral, that's enough these days.

Upvote 0