Why do they do it?

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟28,817.00
Faith
Taoist
If you do I Highly, Highly, Highly, recomend you start asking questions here and start educating yourself, as if you dont, im not sure you will like the responses you get. :)

Dayton said:
I registered over there, and if I have time I will post tomorrow. I will be posting in the Creation/Evolution forum.

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
Washington said:
Wrong place. If you truly want intelligent debate I suggest going HERE

LOL....intelligent debate.... I was laughing for 10 minutes before I could resume typing after he told me he was looking for that. Read his signature line. Intelligent debate is not someone presenting another person with factual information and the other person says, "I don't believe that because the Bible does not mention that." That is the stuff migranes are made of. ;)

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
Dayton said:
I registered over there, and if I have time I will post tomorrow. I will be posting in the Creation/Evolution forum.

Go get 'em kid! When they come up with scientific data give them a Bible quote! That will show them! It is, the word of God, after all; he just happened to use the rather primitive thinkers to do the writing for him and also let each one use their own thought process and words, no matter how uneducated the prose...ummm yeah...

I am sure by the end of a week, you will have many of them in a Bible study of some sort!!

When you said that you would not respond to me, I was really hurt. This just shows another fallacy of Christianity. Christianity claims to be of love and understanding. Your Jesus went to those least like him and gave them acceptance and love. I find most Christians to be like you..as soon as you realize someone thinks differently that you or has actual knowledge, it is time to distance and separate. Most churches are like this too. They want people who are only plugged into the hive mind. Anyway...Christianity teaches that The Devil rules this world because God the creator of everything gave him 'rule of the Earth until a date no man knows' (scratching head)...so by that "logic" (coughing), isn't obvious to you I am under control of the Devil? These are not my thoughts..but his?? I made rude comments earlier and the people who "guard" this forum took blessing from me at a time when I need them most!! I am a soul in need of the word of God, so that I too may live like the Jewish tribesman from The Middle East.

Is that how Christianity operates?...you take blessings away?? He giveth and he taketh away. Pray for me so that I too may be as righteous as you. I have nothing but a dangerous education with dangerous knowledge of "this world", as Christians like to say. It is this knowledge, that I have acquired at a dangerous University, which has made me find fault and question God's FINAL word. It is sad, isn't it??

Upvote 0

Vance

Contributor
Jul 16, 2003
✟23,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"They are a Christ-centered ministry, not a scientific institution, it is acceptable if some of their scientific statements are incorrect."

Not if they refuse to correct it when the falsity is shown to them.

I actually had one YEC tell me that it was acceptable to continue with theories and arguments you KNOW are incorrect if it will cause people to abandon the evils of evolutionism and embrace the truth of young-earth creationism. The end justifies the means. I was shocked, let me tell you.

I suspect that many at AIG and even ICR fall into this error of thinking. Hovind has all but admitted he thinks this way.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
JohnR7 said:
That is your list of choices? They are:
1) Stupid
2) Ignorant
3) Lazy
4) Stupid, Ignorant & Lazy
5) They are in it for the money
6) I don't know why
In the case of AiG, you left out a lot of options:

7) Dishonest
8) Politically Motivated
9) Corrupt
10) Hypocritical
11) Meglomaniacal

Or every Christian's favorite:
12) Corrupted by Satan

Or my personal favorite:
13) All of the Above.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Vance said:
I actually had one YEC tell me that it was acceptable to continue with theories and arguments you KNOW are incorrect if it will cause people to abandon the evils of evolutionism and embrace the truth of young-earth creationism. The end justifies the means. I was shocked, let me tell you.

Actually, technically, that is known as guile.

1 Peter 3:10
For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

I am not sure just what it means to "see good days", but that is the promise if we "speak no guile".

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
LorentzHA said:
It is, the word of God, after all; he just happened to use the rather primitive thinkers to do the writing for him and also let each one use their own thought process and words, no matter how uneducated the prose...ummm yeah...

Don't be so sure that the people who gave us our Bible were "primitive thinker". Very few people today can hold a candle to them. They gained far more understanding than the average person today could ever hope to gain. That does not mean we can not obtain what they were able to obtain. It is just that few people do.

Of course Adam and Eve had understanding from the beginning, but they lost it. So it has been a long slow road for mankind to get it all back again. Jesus came to pay the price to so we could once again have what Adam and Eve lost.

I have nothing but a dangerous education with dangerous knowledge of "this world",

Now that you have gained what man has to offer to you, perhaps you would like to look into what God can teach you. It goes far beyond anything man could ever come up with.

1 Cor. 3:18-21
Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. [19] For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, "He catches the wise in their own craftiness"; [20] and again, "The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile." [21] Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours:

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
revolutio said:
It still leaves Al Gore as something of an anomaly though ;)

Actually, we covered corrupted by the cash box in point number five.

(note: for those who do not remember that was a joke on a secular program that all the news stations picked up on during the election.)

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
JohnR7 said:
Don't be so sure that the people who gave us our Bible were "primitive thinker". Very few people today can hold a candle to them. They gained far more understanding than the average person today could ever hope to gain. That does not mean we can not obtain what they were able to obtain. It is just that few people do.

Is this a joke? Most of what we know, came AFTER this time and actually VERY recently. These were superstitious desert dwellers. Their thinking was VERY primitive. This is not to say they were stupid people, I am saying they were interpreting events around them with what they did know, which was - very little. When you say "understanding" you must be talking in a philosophical sense, based on your belief system, not modern understanding, correct?

JohnR7 said:
Of course Adam and Eve had understanding from the beginning, but they lost it. So it has been a long slow road for mankind to get it all back again. Jesus came to pay the price to so we could once again have what Adam and Eve lost.

John, the story of Adam and Eve is just that: A story. It is a verbal illustration of life. Please note how they were FORBID from eating from the tree of Knowledge, why do you suppose that is, John? A long slow road to get what back? The knowledge of how to cover your pubic area with a fig leaf? OR are you proposing the knew Quantum mechanics, Biology, Chemistry, etc.. Are you proposing they knew this and we are "re-discovering" this? Also please note Adam and Eve are Anglo names. I am not familiar with anyone in the Middle East names Adam nor Eve, correct me if I am wrong. Where Christians claim The Garden of Eden is/was is Southern Iraq. John I could write a volume on this but please answer me this one/multi-part question. And do not use the Christian cop-out: "Some things will always just be a mystery."

You do not believe in Evolution, correct? So how is it that 3 major races of people, SO vastly different came from, one mother and one father????? Moreover, if they were first man and first woman who in the world were all those other people!??- On Earth, at the same time and BEFORE them, since you claim Adam and Eve were here 6,000 years ago??? John, we have native American (Mongoloid origin) skulls dated at 9,000 years old. I have had the honor of holding and touching one of these skulls. I assure you, it is/was quite human and has/had the characteristics of the typical Asian skull. So how could Adam and Eve produce children that would have adapted and evolved so quickly and some EVEN before themselves, ESPECIALLY, in light of the fact that you think evolution is "nonsense"???????

JohnR7 said:
Now that you have gained what man has to offer to you, perhaps you would like to look into what God can teach you. It goes far beyond anything man could ever come up with.

I have "looked into" it. I have read the Bible TWICE and tried several denominations of Christianity. It was an "induced fit", since, I refused to check my brain at the door. I let my mind perform natural selection of the data in my brain. Since, I had no logical information other than a STORY to back it up with, it was naturally excluded from the Logics part of my brain and was shuttled over to the myth compartment, were it lives peacefully, with The Easter Bunny, Hey Diddle Diddle AND Santa Clause!! Don't ever assume that people are not Christians because they have "Yet to see the Wisdom." I am an EX-Christian who sees the ignorances, prejudices and HUBRIS (false pride, for you kids at home).

1 Cor. 3:18-21
JohnR7 said:
Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. [19] For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, "He catches the wise in their own craftiness"; [20] and again, "The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile." [21] Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours:

YES JOHN, let NO ONE deceive himself. Practice what you preach. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Philosoft

Orthogonal, Tangential, Tenuously Related
Dec 26, 2002
Southeast of Disorder
Visit site
✟6,503.00
Faith
Atheist
JohnR7 said:
Actually, we covered corrupted by the cash box in point number five.

(note: for those who do not remember that was a joke on a secular program that all the news stations picked up on during the election.)
Wasn't it "lock box"? I recall SNL having tremendous fun with that one.

Upvote 0

Philosoft

Orthogonal, Tangential, Tenuously Related
Dec 26, 2002
Southeast of Disorder
Visit site
✟6,503.00
Faith
Atheist
JohnR7 said:
Actually, technically, that is known as guile.

1 Peter 3:10
For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

I am not sure just what it means to "see good days", but that is the promise if we "speak no guile".
Did you just use the word "technically" to describe something found in a translated 2000-year-old book?

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
Philosoft said:
Did you just use the word "technically" to describe something found in a translated 2000-year-old book?

Amen, there is nothing "technical" about a collection of stories. I have also noticed, as we have witnessed here, Christians constantly say they "do not believe science" yet if Science even hints at ONE thing that even remotely points to anything even MENTIONED in the Bible they will use it, footnote it, name the Scientist....why? Science is not to be believed so why grab on to that?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟566,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gracchus said:
6. If anyone can think of some other reason, feel free to reply.

Maybe they just enjoy seeing you get so worked up?

Upvote 0