Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Vrba in post #21:
<< How do you wrestle with this verse?

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. >>

The meaning of Revelation 3:10 is quite clear and has nothing to do with any Rapture. This is in one of the letters addressed to the seven churches at the start of Revelation, specifically, it is addressed to the Church at Philadelphia. It is not addressed to all Christians. It is also not addressed to those of our time.

Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.
--Revelation 3:10 NIV

This means that there is going to be an empire-wide persecution of Christians but the Church at Philadelphia will escape. The reason is hinted at elsewhere in the letter. In verse 8:
“I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word ...”

Many scholars take this to mean that the Church at Philadelphia was a small church, with few members. A small church would be much more likely to escape persecution than a large one, less visible. In verse 11:
“I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.”

Again, Christ lays no other burden on them except to hold to what they have, because they are a small church in a difficult situation.

If you need another passage that applies to all Christians, try this one from John 17. This is Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsemane.

“My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth, your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.”
--John 17: 15-19 NIV

I would urge you to consider what this means.

Upvote 0