why do people have it in for big families?

jgonz

What G-d calls you to do, He equips you to do.
Feb 11, 2005
El Paso, TX
✟20,780.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Jilly123

Jun 26, 2007
✟16,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think people have it in for people on either extreme -- those who choose to have no children, and those who choose to have many. It's easy to attack extremists, unfortunately.

I agree. I think that people on either extreme get attacked. I think it's because we don't like what's different.

Its sad but true, we all like to be right about everything so if anybody does anything differently to the way we do, well of course we are right and they must be wrong :p

Upvote 0

Tea

Sep 16, 2005
✟15,772.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private

Extreme, there's that word again. Extreme...
I have been called many things before, but to discover that I live at one end of the extreme is a bit disconcerting.
Extreme ... mmmm I think I am going to have to think that one over.

i have no idea why people complain about large famlies. It boggles my mind. My mom is one of those people

Yes my mum is one of those too, and after years of trying to find a middle ground with her, I no longer bother. If she refuses to accept that she has 8 grandchildren from one daughter, then that is her problem not mine.

Just me.

Upvote 0

Jilly123

Jun 26, 2007
✟16,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Extreme, there's that word again. Extreme...
I have been called many things before, but to discover that I live at one end of the extreme is a bit disconcerting.
Extreme ... mmmm I think I am going to have to think that one over.

I don't mean extreme in a negative sense and I'm sure Mskedi didn't either. It just means that you're on one end of the spectrum when it comes to the number of children you have, just as those who have no children are on the other end. What we were trying to say is nobody gets slack for having 2.5 children but people do for having either no children (one end of the spectrum) or for having lots of children (on the other end of the spectrum).

Upvote 0

Thankful4HIM

Legend
Dec 27, 2005
✟42,127.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not sure. A lot of people look at my parents like they're morons... there's 13 of us all together... Some bio.. some of us adopted.. and lots of foster kids....my parents will complain A LITTLE about finances, but God's really taken care of my parents with their struggles, they find ways to make things work. Sometimes their issues are no room in the house, lots of colds and no more room to take in more kids.. personally.. when I think it's TOO much is when you aren't really taking care of your own children.. and the children are raising the children.. that's what I have a prob. with

Upvote 0

CarrieAg93

Senior Veteran
Oct 18, 2004
Texas
✟19,397.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My aunt and unlce have 7 kids ranging in age from 14 to 1. When we get together with them they act like it's everyone else's responsibility to watch their kids. I wouldn't mind if she'd say, "Will you keep an eye on Johnny for a minute.", but she'll go off and do something and then get all upset at everyone when she can't find one of her kids. She also expects us not to let out kids do something (i.e. walk by the lake) because she doesn't want her kids doing it. Sorry, not my problem. I have more of an issue with her attitude than the number of kids. She'd probably have the same issues with just a coupe kids, but I think it's magnified because she has 7 kids. Unfortunately people over generalize and think that everyone with a greater number of kids will have the same attitudes.

Upvote 0

nateboy

Aug 13, 2006
Washington
✟7,949.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My problem. People who have large families and can't afford them and take from programs like WIC, subsidized child care, free insurance and such. I can understand if you originally had money to begin with but came into hard times, but people who just want large families but don't have the means...that makes me mad. I have two children and we are working so hard. I want another child but it wouldn't be financially smart right now. It is in God's hands.
We pay a lot of money for health insurance and I must work at least part time to pay for everything BUT we do pay for everything. I know people who are still trying for large families and they get all the government help they need. When I see a large family, I do stereotype like a lot of people do. It's sad but true. I often wonder if they are getting government help. Don't get mad at me. I have worked for the "system" in public school systems, hospitals and mental health arenas. I have seen so much

If you can afford a large family, I see nothing wrong with it. My father had five brothers. I have a friend who had 13 kids and they were able to afford health care, food and everything else.

Reactions: jessesgirl
Upvote 0

jessesgirl

Aspire to inspire before you expire
Aug 1, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,916.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My aunt and unlce have 7 kids ranging in age from 14 to 1. When we get together with them they act like it's everyone else's responsibility to watch their kids. I wouldn't mind if she'd say, "Will you keep an eye on Johnny for a minute.", but she'll go off and do something and then get all upset at everyone when she can't find one of her kids. She also expects us not to let out kids do something (i.e. walk by the lake) because she doesn't want her kids doing it. Sorry, not my problem. I have more of an issue with her attitude than the number of kids. She'd probably have the same issues with just a coupe kids, but I think it's magnified because she has 7 kids. Unfortunately people over generalize and think that everyone with a greater number of kids will have the same attitudes.
Yeah, that gets waaay under my skin. :doh: I can't stand it when people are like that with just one or two kids, let alone seven. I can't imagine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums