Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
For the same reason that people assume fat people have issues with food: 85%* of the time they do.

*Statistic is just an estimate based on personal observation and cannot be scientifically corroborated. Please don't bother asking for a source. ;)

Touche!

Upvote 0

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Can we have a "skinny people appreciation thread"?

It's all about health, but it's also about realizing what sort of type you're naturally going to be.....nothing is wrong as much as other thing is wrong. If you're healthy but you're a bit too thin, that's fine. If you're a bit bigger but you're doing the right things, that's cool too. :) Now I just have to start practicing what I preach, lol.

Upvote 0

mattybartholomew

Nov 3, 2007
South Beach,FL
✟342.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Can we have a "skinny people appreciation thread"?

How about a skinny women appreciation thread?

I don't imagine that would happen though.

I was just at the grocery store, and WOW....the hot ones were out tonight!

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've found that people who have issues with me being skinny or not fat and who make fun of me or are rude to me because of my figure; all had or have eating disorders and issues with their own weight. So they are feeling insecure about their own weight and want everyone else around them to feel miserable and insecure as well. I like eating a lot around them and smiling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,979.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why do people assume that Skinny people have issues with Food ? They always auumes that you have eating disorder. Some people are just naturally skinny no matter how much they eat they can't get fat .

Because that is what you learn in school about skinny people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

septemberskies

You can find me on cloud no.9
Sep 16, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟19,453.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
I've found that people who have issues with me being skinny or not fat and who make fun of me or are rude to me because of my figure; all had or have eating disorders and issues with their own weight. So they are feeling insecure about their own weight and want everyone else around them to feel miserable and insecure as well. I like eating a lot around them and smiling.
It's true, people who fixate on something like weight, hair, speech and so on are very insecure. They don't want you to notice them so they try to direct that attention to someone else.

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Legitimately speaking, though, even if it's not eating disorders, oftentimes it's something else of a medical nature. In 10th grade, I dropped down to 115 lbs, which made me look thinner than healthy limits would dictate (as I normally averaged around 130 lbs). The thing was, my stomach was practically a bottomless pit at that point, and I was constantly eating junk food and so on. What caused the weight drop was a combination of a high metabolism and the extreme stress I was under at the time. After that year had passed I got back up to ~132.

Upvote 0

Mess

Jun 12, 2010
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
This reminds me of this thing I've heard at college, this classmate of mine was very skinny, which was remarkable. And then at the end of every quarter of the year we had an evaluation with a few teachers, and they also discussed things in the personal life. Well in the case of this girl, they asked her if she could cook, because they were under the impression that she wasn't eating. She was really offended, and a couple of months ago it became apparent why. One of my friends went on internship with her to New-Zealand, and she was eating like crazy, yet she remains as skinny as ever.
But tbh, skinny girls these days look more skinny than ever I suppose, afterall we are being thaught that being skinny means all kind of bad things, and well alot of young people are obese these days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Its just how society seems to be working these days. Overweight is becoming the "new average"...With the horrible lazy habits humanity has picked up and the diet of supersized grease, fat and carbs, it seems impossible to fathom that somebody can maintain such a low weight without starving themself or purging.

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I want to know is why people feel it's ok to openly comment on someone who is thin. I posted a picture of my sister once on another board and someone made the comment that she looked "sickly". The girls eats...all the time, eating and not gaining weight kinda runs in our family. It ticked me off because I would assume that if my sister had been overweight she wouldn't have made a similar comment. If you wouldn't ask a fat person what's "wrong" with them, then why do you feel it's ok to ask someone who's thin? It's just as rude...I know I was often offended and hurt in high school by the nurses and other class mates who often asked if I had an eating disorder.

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Why do people assume that Skinny people have issues with Food ? They always auumes that you have eating disorder. Some people are just naturally skinny no matter how much they eat they can't get fat .

I guess for the same reason we assume all skinny people are healthier than overweight/obese people. We're ignorant.

Upvote 0

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
In all seriousness though, all the 'naturally' skinny people I've come across do not look 'sickly.' The ones who have obvious eating disorders at the level of an Isabelle Caro look jaundiced and gaunt. I don't know; maybe I'm missing something, but just being skinny has never really equaled Friends of Ana & Mia to me.

ETA: though I don't doubt the most slender of us get teased, backhanded compliments, and the like. But if a person with no real medical experience can recognize when someone is not starving themselves intentionally over the long term, I can't see why a school nurse couldn't recognize when someone is just naturally slender. *shrug.*

Last edited:
Upvote 0