chelsea89

Sep 20, 2011
United States
✟15,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This seems like the interpretation of what God is trying to tell me should be clear cut but Im still confused. The last 4 or so times Ive gone to church or bible study, different churches not the same one, read devotionals, or even topics on this site, its been on the fruits of the Spirit and thorn in the flesh. Everywhere I go Im seeing these two passages simultaneously or in succession. Why?

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Chelsea,

Perhaps there is some negative situation in your life that, if you were to accept it as being under the Lord's control and being used by Him to bring about His good purposes toward you, rather than fighting it in your own strength, you could surrender to Him and be filled with His Holy Spirit more fully.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I know exactly what your saying. God reveals himself in different ways sometimes when this happens I pray and ask him for discernment. Sometimes we have studied a verse many times but then it pops in your mind so clear and we are amazed at what it really means. Its no accident this has manafested in your life. It is a blessing study the word and listen when you pray, he wants you to get this you will. Now you will become sensitive to the holy spirit in the future and it will happen often. Glory to God may he bless you and give you the knowledge your heart desires.

Upvote 0

Leka43

Sep 15, 2011
South Carolina
Visit site
✟15,219.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Chelsea...

Well, there are no coincidences with God...He's a master behind-the-scenes orchestrator. Is there something in your life that constantly hinders you or torments you? It could be something big or small, spiritual or natural. Whatever it may be (if anything), I believe God is telling you that it can and should be overcome only in His strength, with His weapons of warfare. As the Lord told Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you." Whatever it is, your Heavenly Father loves you dearly and wants to help you overcome that..and it'll be through one (or more) of those fruits of the Spirit that are already inside you as His child. As we're obedient to His leading, and yield to those already-present fruits, we become more and more Christ-like, and when we do that, we begin to experience Christ's results in our lives - and His results are always victory!:clap:

You're an overcomer, Chelsea...

Lester

Upvote 0

chelsea89

Sep 20, 2011
United States
✟15,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only thing that comes to mind is never having had a natural birth, 3 Csections. I still want to try and its an obsession. Studying laws, my rights, doctors willing to do VBACs and costs. It causes me alot of pain, PTSD, and Ive had to quit churches because other people were expecting. But prayer after prayer never breaks through that pain, nor do narcotics (prescribed) or therapy. Most of the time I cant watch tv with pregnant actresses...

Upvote 0

Leka43

Sep 15, 2011
South Carolina
Visit site
✟15,219.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, of course I'm no doctor or psychologist, but IMO I'd say you pretty much identified it point blank - you yourself used the word 'obsession' about it. My heart goes out to you Chelsea.

Listen to me now...sometimes we can get so tunnel-visioned about things we want that we forget about the blessings that have already placed in our lives. You're a mother of three, and I know they're wonderful kids, right? And you love them as much as any mother could love her kids, I'm sure. They're blessings from God, don't let your thankfulness for them fade away. A lack of thankfulness to God for the things (and people) He's already given us can be a major reason for us not being able to receive more.

Also think about this...I kinda think you're envying other women who are expecting - you've left churches and often can't even watch them on tv...you don't want to see them with the blessings that you want for yourself. Really, that's understandable, it's human...but "where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work."

Where envying is, your love can't work...and if your love isn't working, your faith can't work either, because faith works by love. Chelsea, don't worry about what others have. God is well-able to give you everything you want...there are a number of childbirth scriptures in His Word. Meditate on these, and on God's intense love for you personally. Let that flush out any envy or bitterness...God's able to do all things, and so is she who believes in Him:clap:

Lester

Upvote 0