Why Do Catholics Pray to and Worship Mary?

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟17,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really? Somehow I doubt it. If you curious about their teachings you would have posted onOBOB but Instead this is another display ignorance to be played out ad nauseum

I have no idea what OBOB is...........but your hate and judgmental attitude is scary.

That's a shame.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would think this would be in total opposition to what it says in the Bible. I don't understand why they do it?

Okay. I'll bite and assume that you're for real...

Catholics do not worship Mary. This is a bit of anti-Catholic propaganda. They ask Mary to pray for them because they (and Orthodox, and Anglicans) believe that saints can hear them and intercede for them when asked, much as any friend would do for you if you asked.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

the.Sheepdog

You must be born again!
Oct 26, 2008
Sanford, FL
✟31,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay. I'll bite and assume that you're for real...

Catholics do not worship Mary. This is a bit of anti-Catholic propaganda. They ask Mary to pray for them because they (and Orthodox, and Anglicans) believe that saints can hear them and intercede for them when asked, much as any friend would do for you if you asked.

Even as a catholic as a kid I never understood asking a dead person to pray for us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gyasi

Looking for Christ
Aug 24, 2010
Ontario
✟8,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I love Mary. She is God and all Catholics are ordered to worship her at all times. The Pope even said so. It's written in the Catechism too! We also believe that if we pray to statues, worship the Pope and believe that angels are demigods then we will be blessed with eternal life in the kingdom of heaven forever. We're also known for our throwing out of books and following the traditions of men.

I hope that answers your question! :wave:

While we're at it, I have a question for myself. Why do Lutherans worship Martin Luther?
400px-Trollface.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

the.Sheepdog

You must be born again!
Oct 26, 2008
Sanford, FL
✟31,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I love Mary. She is God and all Catholics are ordered to worship her at all times. The Pope even said so. It's written in the Catechism too! We also believe that if we pray to statues, worship the Pope and believe that angels are demigods then we will be blessed with eternal life in the kingdom of heaven forever. We're also known for our throwing out of books and following the traditions of men.

I hope that answers your question! :wave:

While we're at it, I have a question for myself. Why do Lutherans worship Martin Luther?
400px-Trollface.jpg

are you really 16? it usually takes much longer to become so droll

Upvote 0

Gyasi

Looking for Christ
Aug 24, 2010
Ontario
✟8,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I mean it really does sum up the Evangelical views of Catholics. Lets be honest here.

A simple search of the question being asked in the topic on google returns over 850,000 results. On top of that this forum has tons of threads just like this in this section as well.... Do we really need to add on to it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
S

SpiritualAntiseptic

I would think this would be in total opposition to what it says in the Bible. I don't understand why they do it?

How do you understand how Catholic perceive Mary? Mary is a human being for Catholics, there is nothing divine about her other than the divinity we all share in our relationship with Christ.

Many anti-Catholics have the most skewed and perverted view of Mary. She was not a vessel for Jesus Christ- she was His mother. She was the means by which the word became flesh! What Christ has from her unites God to humanity.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

boswd

Jan 2, 2008
✟6,566.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea what OBOB is...........but your hate and judgmental attitude is scary.

That's a shame.

you start a thread entitled why do Catholics worship Mary and you call me judgmental? am i missing something here, did i wake up in the Bizzaro world?:confused:

Trust me I have no hate and think that remark was a little bit on the drama side don't you think?

ad nausum - well i mean lets face it, there isn't a week that doesn't go by that a 'Catholics worship this or that' thread doesn't comes on this board.

and I do believe that if your inquire was of pure intentions to gain an understanding ( despite the insulting title) you should go to the Catholic sub forum (OBOB) and ask them their views on Mary. Though i would recommend repharasing the question:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why Do Catholics Pray to and Worship Mary?
Catholics have their own definitions of prayer and worship which prove that they do not worship Mary.
They made up a whole nother word that decribes their non-worship of Mary which proves that it is not worship - they call it veneration, which according to them is a totally different thing from worship.
Where in the Bible does it say that you should pray to and worship anyone but our Lord and Savior?????
Catholics don't care if all their practices are in the Bible or not. They value "Tradition" - what people have done for almost 2000 years whether it is what the Lord wants them to do or not. They figure if it has gone on for that long, it must be right.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Now THAT - - was funny!!

Upvote 0