GA
✟17,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I really do not understand how God can be working in me in this state. How can He be working and I reached the state of not praying at all, or reading the Bible, or going to church? Can He still be working in me while there is no contact at all between me and Him? Please help me. I am so confused and I have no resort at all. I have no friends, I have no one who understands me, and even God does not reply at all. :'(
I am praying, and Going to Church, and Reading the bible, and my worldly situation continues to deteriorate, my health is worse, my friends are gone busy in their own lives, I have lost everything I had, I am living as a burden on my family, with the threat of being kicked out if I dont find a job, while i am trying to get on to disability, because I can't function at a normal job. I am now pennyless, I have nothing I can really offer God, or anyone else, except my presence ,and my attention. I don't understand whats Going on yet, But I know it will eventually pass.
I have been out of work for 2 years now, but I am not on the street.
and my needs are met, even if my suffering endures.

I am even beginning to suspect I suffer not nessesarily for my self and my own need, but possibly for the benefir of others.

Upvote 0

Markec

Jan 11, 2007
✟7,807.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Please help me. I am so confused and I have no resort at all. I have no friends, I have no one who understands me, and even God does not reply at all. :'(

You really need someone to listen to you and give you some support. It will make you feel better. Find a church in you area, talk to the pastor or someone in it about what is bothering you. You will feel better. Or talk to your parents or relatives.

Still, here on CF are many who would listen to you, share their problems, so you could see you are not the only one and support you. But personal contact would help even more.

Upvote 0

Time4AChange

Feb 20, 2007
Kansas City, MO
✟8,159.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm at work right now, but when i get home i can uploard some worship songs for you and send em to you if you'd like, it can help get you back into worshipping God...there are ppl that care about you and are willing to help you, but unless you have faith in God and want to help yourself, you probably won't receive your breakthrough

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A couple of things come to mind:

Many years ago, when I was living with someone who was an active alcoholic/addict, my living situation became so chaotic (and we were so desperately poor all the time) I figured God had completely abandoned me. Basically, I lived from one crisis to the next -- and my life was going down the toilet and I didn't even drink or use drugs!

I don't know if you have been affected by someone else's alcoholism or addiction, but Al-Anon did wonders for me and is very large part of the reason I got a faith back I could actually use. The meetings were wonderful in many ways: I found out I was not the only person in the world who found themselves living the way I was, and there were solutions I would find which would help me detach from my partner's continuous dramas with losing jobs, getting arrested, the public scenes, etc.

When I went to my first meetings, I was so completely crushed and beaten down, and so humiliated about my own situation that I could not bring myself even to give my name. I did, however, see the 12 Promises on the wall, and that gave me enough hope to keep coming back.

Here they are:

1. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.
  2. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.
  3. We will comprehend the word serenity.
  4. We will know peace.
  5. No matter how far down the scale he have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.
  6. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.
  7. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows.
  8. Self-seeking will slip away.
  9. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.
  10. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.
  11. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.
  12. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.
[FONT=Times,serif] Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fullfilled among us - sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.

If there is a problem like that going on in your life, Al-Anon can be an invaluable resource. Ultimately, for me, it became a tool for my reapproachment with God and Christianity.
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
I am praying, and Going to Church, and Reading the bible, and my worldly situation continues to deteriorate, my health is worse, my friends are gone busy in their own lives, I have lost everything I had, I am living as a burden on my family, with the threat of being kicked out if I dont find a job, while i am trying to get on to disability, because I can't function at a normal job. I am now pennyless, I have nothing I can really offer God, or anyone else, except my presence ,and my attention. I don't understand whats Going on yet, But I know it will eventually pass.

I am even beginning to suspect I suffer not nessesarily for my self and my own need, but possibly for the benefir of others.

Very insightful. We are taught to offer our sufferings up to God on behalf of others. Paul speaks about fulfilling what is lacking in Christ's sufferings through his own suffering:
Col 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Col 1:24 Now I am rejoicing in my sufferings for you and completing in my flesh whatever remains of Christ's sufferings on behalf of his body, which is the church.​

Upvote 0

Time4AChange

Feb 20, 2007
Kansas City, MO
✟8,159.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Thank you for your testimony chris. And i agree that what you're going through will be an encouragement and a benefit to others...this is a good example of what it takes to be a Christian. This is not a "Praise God in the good times but blame him in the bad" kinda testimony, and this is what simplywhy needs to see. She can make it with God's help.

Ill keep both of you in my prayers

Upvote 0

Myfanwy

Aug 3, 2006
✟7,930.00
Faith
Christian
I believe that God helps us through others. Therefore, if you need help, try to seek the help that you need from other people, e.g. professionals. Perhaps you need some form of medicine or counselling. God gives us other people to help us. But we have to co-operate with his plans by seeking the help that we need.

Upvote 0

Chie

A wise King finds happiness in acts of mercy
Aug 13, 2006
Texas
✟17,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please anyone explain to me why did God leave me?....I am so weak and I feel so much pain.....I used to pray to God and cry to Him EVERYDAY...He never replied to me. I asked Him to give me peace...I tried to ask Him to be happy and having peace rather than asking specific things....but still no reply at all.....I spent hours CRYING asking him for peace and mercy...but He totally ignored me. Please anyone help me to understand why did He leave me like that. He said in the bible "ask and you will be given"....the bible keeps telling all the time how much He loves me....but how can someone who loves a person leave him TOTALLY alone....leave him crying all nights....please help me.
Please help me....I am suffering and I am waiting to die. WHERE IS HE?......and WHY did HE leave me like that??????????
The word tells us when we have done all we can do to stand, "Stand". Believing on the word , putting your whole trust in him, not by things seen, but by our faith of things hoped for. The Lord says "I will never leave you or forsake you."
Prayers for you with much love and peace.
1) When you stand, stand on the Word. It is unshakable.
2) When you pray, pray in the Word. It has to happen.
3) When you think, think on the Word. It is good.
4) When you believe, believe the Word. God is truth.
5) If you will live, live by the Word. The word is eternal.
6) When you love, love like the Word. For God is love.
7) If you will see, see by the Word. Jesus is light.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

chris777

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
GA
✟17,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When I First began to believe, and realize that I "was not basically a good person" but that was an Evil sinner. I started trying to apoligize to the people I had trampled on, particularly my family.
Thats when I found out that my grandfather suffered from shapnel pain since WW2, until 96 until he died, My Grandmother told me their were nights he cried to sleep. She herself, broke her hip 3 times, once she layed on the floor praying to God to take her home, for at least 12 hours before someone found her. And the last time she fell, he did, unless she just died and fell to the Ground. But the stories of my Grandfather Got me thinking, that he suffered with that since before I was born. and he stayed, because of his family. I think of what paul said, about not being here because it was what he wanted, but being here, because it was what we needed.

Upvote 0

BigNorsk

Contributor
Nov 23, 2004
✟25,957.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
simplywhy,

May I suggest getting evaluated by a mental health official right away. It very much sounds as though you could be suffering from an illness such as depression.

With depression you will feel very much alone. Thing is, you aren't alone, you just feel that way. God has not left you and He will not leave you, but somehow you feel alone. You are not alone.

Please seek help and get evaluated.

Marv

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

simplywhy

Mar 9, 2007
✟15,167.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
PLEASE HELP ME:
I am REALLY SUFFERING ALL THE TIME....I cant just wait... I am in this horrible state for more than a year and cant stand it anymore. my life is becoming really horrible and i have NO ONE AT ALL in the whole universe. i lost everyone, and God also left me. i want to die......please tell me what shall i do coz i cant stand it anymore. plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help...plz

Upvote 0

Markec

Jan 11, 2007
✟7,807.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Uh... The situation seems serious. I believe you should seek medical help, maybe you have depression!

Don't think you are alone in whole universe. There are many who would talk to and encourage you. Even here, many offered to talk to you and give you some moral support.

Please, be strong. Take a moment or two, take a deep breath and relax. That's the first thing you need to do. Forget about your problems for a moment and relax in quietude. It will help!

Upvote 0

simplywhy

Mar 9, 2007
✟15,167.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
How can i simply forget all what causes me such great pain? i really cant do that. concerning the medical help, i am already seeking it and i go to a psychologist and take some medecine...but i am still the same having the same pain deep inside. i really dunno what to do.it's a horrible that there is no hope....nothing will change....i have already begged God soooooo many times to help me and make me feel his presence and releive this pain...but he didnt reply at all...so now what will make him reply? and even if he does reply now....it is still a horrible feeling that he left me suffering for more than a year and then suddenly he remembered me......i have no hope for anything, anyone, and i dunno what to say or do....it's really a HORRIBLE feeling.....i cant stop crying

Upvote 0

Markec

Jan 11, 2007
✟7,807.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
:groupray:
God DID NOT forsake you. Maybe you forsake him! Are you attending any church? I am sure you christian fellows wouldn't let you alone!

1Pe 3:14 But and if1 ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid, [...]

DO NOT lose faith in humanity because 1 or 2 persons! DO NOT lose faith in god for 1, 2 or million problems! Be strong! We are with you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Myfanwy

Aug 3, 2006
✟7,930.00
Faith
Christian
Things can change for the better. Maybe you need a different type of medicine or some counselling. There is hope. Please do not give up hope.

"There is nothing new under the sun" - A very important thing to remember. Someone told me that when I was young and suffering terribly, like you. I did not believe them then but I do now.

Other people have been through what you are going through and they pulled through and were alright in the end. In my case, I found someone, a boyfriend, who made me feel that I was not alone. He also made me realise that I was not a freak. He offered me acceptance and love. God sends people to us to help us. I hope that He will send someone to you soon. I had to wait for five years. I had five years of mental anguish and suffering but I never gave up hope.

I hope that you will find something or someone who can help you. God bless you and guide you in His loving care.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.