Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You don't do something of great magnitude unless you have a reason to do it. So, why did God decide to create the universe?
The more I think about this question the more I realise just how deep it is..... and did he do it more than once. Did he do it infinite numbers of time so that theres infinite universes.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Achilles6129. God is the Creator, and God created all there is. God is Love and God wants loving sons and daughters. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: " The first Commandment is Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40 we are told:" On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."
The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," shed all selfish and unloving thoughts. Start loving and caring, be kind and considerate, forgive as God forgives us.
In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: " Ask and you shall receive," we keep asking God for Love and Joy, then we thank God and share all with our neighbour. ( neighbour is all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends) We keep asking and receiving, then thank God and share all love and joy with all around us. God will see and Bless us, and love is what this imperfect world needs. Let us all live like that, and God will enjoy all. I say this with love, Achilles. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

• Haha
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
You don't do something of great magnitude unless you have a reason to do it. So, why did God decide to create the universe?

I don't know if creating a universe would be considered something of great magnitude, based on God's point of view. It was probably quite simple.

That said, He needed a place to contain the beings He wanted to create in His own image, and chose what we have now.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe it was in response to Lucifer's rebellion.

Lucifer is part of the created universe.

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
-- Colossians 1

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The one outstanding characteristic of the creator we are told is Love. Being love personified, he felt impelled to share life with others and so created the visible material universe and the invisible realm called heaven in order to provide a place for that life to reside.

1 John 4:8
New International Version
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

• Agree
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
The more I think about this question the more I realise just how deep it is..... and did he do it more than once. Did he do it infinite numbers of time so that theres infinite universes.
Very interesting question. The Bible doesn't say very much about what happened before this universe was created, does it?

Upvote 0

Raggedyman

The book of straw 2:26
May 14, 2016
Au
✟8,225.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Not one straight answer
God created the universe so it could contain humanity
God created humanity so He could have relationships, walking, talking with Adam in the garden
Then God sent His son to Earth so He could restore humanity's relationship with Him

The whole story is about God creating humanity so God could share with us, everything

The key is relationship

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does everything in the mind of God have to be actualized? It is a philosophical question, and one I do not know the answer to. If it does, then God has to create everything that is in His mind. If not, then God has chosen of His own free will to create us for His purposes.

While not knowing the answer, I lean toward the second theory, and that God chose to create us in order that we would love Him and be loved by Him in perfect fellowship throughout eternity.

Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Does everything in the mind of God have to be actualized? It is a philosophical question, and one I do not know the answer to. If it does, then God has to create everything that is in His mind. If not, then God has chosen of His own free will to create us for His purposes.

While not knowing the answer, I lean toward the second theory, and that God chose to create us in order that we would love Him and be loved by Him in perfect fellowship throughout eternity.
YEs,
HE wants fellowship WITH HUMANS.
HE DESIRES FELLOWSHIP WITH HUMANS.
HE DELIGHTS OVER HUMANS WHO BELIEVE.
HE SENT HIS SON Y'SHUA TO DIE FOR HUMANS.

Notice HUMANS. HE CREATED HUMANS FOR HIS GOOD PLEASURE and FOR PERSONAL ETERNAL FELLOWSHIP.

Not goo, and not monkeys.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Because the nature of love is to be fruitful and multiply.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Very interesting question. The Bible doesn't say very much about what happened before this universe was created, does it?
Since time is indelibly tied up with space in the creation of the universe, the concept of 'before' cannot really exist without time being created in the first place.

Upvote 0