Why can't we have threads for only Pro/Reformed/Evan Members without OBOB posters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLloyd

Ave Maria, Gratia plena!
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟75,991.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Reformed Baptist said:
Just wondering....

I found this thread being posting in the Orthodox forum and have been wondering the same question, why can't we talk without catholic commentary?

You have PRE. Catholics can only ask question and post friendly fellowship posts in here :)

Upvote 0

EdmundBlackadderTheThird

Proud member of the Loud Few
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
✟23,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have to agree with the OP on this one. I have seen so many threads get totally off the OP due to a well meaning Catholic question. I do not think that they post here to purposefully undermine the Prostant position and hijack threads but it happens all to often. I think maybe a change of rules could be in order. It makes sense to assume that a thread posted in the PRE forum that asks a question is aimed at those members who the forum is for. I see no need to a Catholic to post in a thread like that unless a Catholic position is mis-represented. If a Catholic opinion is wanted the posted can pose the question in OBOB and get answers that way. It is not a bad assumption to say that if someone asks a question in PRE that they want a PRE answer to the question.

If a Catholic wanted an honest exposition on an opinion then they could start a thread asking for that rather than ask questions that lead away from the OP. I personally have left discussions due to the thread being overrun with Catholic fellowship posts and degrading into near debate and the OP being totally ignored. I don't think this is fair to those of us who would see PRE as our main forum. There are Catholic posts in these threads that would never be allowed in OBOB if posted by a Protestant, and that seems to be applying the rules differntly for different members.

Upvote 0

A. believer

Contributor
Jun 27, 2003
✟22,460.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
d0c markus said:
Where Peter is, there is the Church. Where the Church is, there is eternal Life. - someones signature.
I disagree with that statement..

So so I. In fact, it smacks of the same kind of thinking as the Pharasaical response, "Abraham is our father." Apparently, it's no new thing for man to want to rely on some misguided notion of human pedigree as the measure of truth.

Upvote 0

Bastoune

Jul 14, 2003
New York, NY, USA
✟1,694.00
Faith
Catholic
d0c markus said:
Where God is, There is Jesus, Where Jesus is, there is eternal life, and where theres eternal life, there is the church.
Is the Church not the body of Christ? And if Jesus is the Life, where there is the Church, there is life.'

And forgive me, "A. Believer" but Abraham is our father, no? Or have you missed that verse...? The only problem was that those claiming him for their spiritual father were not truly his spiritual children! Get it?

I'm not going to stir up trouble, but really, stick to the Scriptures and the right interpretation of them. (wherever you can find it).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d0c markus

The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few
Oct 30, 2003
✟3,060.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
this is off topic, but perhaps i should explain my sig. When I say i disagree with that assesment is because its not peter at the head of the church nor should it be the focus, it is Jesus. COL 1:15-20

Where god is, theres is Jesus (am i wrong?), Where Jesus is there is eternal life (IE Heaven and his Salvation, Am i Wrong?) And Where theres eternal life, there is the church (anyone saved is a member of christ's body, IE his church. Am i Wrong?)

Basically the only problem with the statement with peter is that it takes focus off the capstone of the christian faith. Those who have indeed died are members of the church.. I promised myself i would never use "in my humble opinion" because it sounds so fake, but i mean it. In my humble opinion thats what the first part does.

if you wish to rebutt me, do it in PM, dont take us off topic, and becareful bastoune as to not debate here.

Go In God
Mark

Upvote 0

Skripper

Legend
Jul 22, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟30,691.00
Faith
Catholic

flesh99 said:
I see no need to a Catholic to post in a thread like that unless a Catholic position is mis-represented.

d0c markus said:
this is off topic, but perhaps i should explain my sig. When I say i disagree with that assesment is because its not peter at the head of the church nor should it be the focus, it is Jesus.
d0c markus said:
COL 1:15-20

Where god is, theres is Jesus (am i wrong?), Where Jesus is there is eternal life (IE Heaven and his Salvation, Am i Wrong?) And Where theres eternal life, there is the church (anyone saved is a member of christ's body, IE his church. Am i Wrong?)

Basically the only problem with the statement with peter is that it takes focus off the capstone of the christian faith. Those who have indeed died are members of the church.. I promised myself i would never use "in my humble opinion" because it sounds so fake, but i mean it. In my humble opinion thats what the first part does.

if you wish to rebutt me, do it in PM, dont take us off topic, and becareful bastoune as to not debate here.

Go In God

Mark

Lotar said:
The irony

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
*MOD HAT ON*

THIS FORUM "PROTESTANT/REFORMED/EVANGELICAL IS FOR PROTESTANT DEBATE AND OR DISSAGREEMENT ONLY". OUR CATHOLIC BROTHERS AND SISTERS MAY ASK QUESTIONS AND MAKE POSTS OF FELLOWSHIP BUT THERE IS TO BE NO DEBATING AND OR DISSAGREEING.

THANK YOU.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.