Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most of the lies repeated about me online have something to do with this Whistleblower Priest Penalized by Denver Abp. Samuel Aquila or this, Unmasking More Lies About Alana Chen both of which I disprove in the above links. But there comes a point where you have to wonder if my enemies are lying about me not because they think I’m actually a bad person, but rather because they really hate my teaching. Actually, it is not my teaching at all. People are angry that I am teaching Apostolic Catholicism when nearly the entire hierarchy (including the Vatican) is ratifying their re-formed consciences in any mortal sin they want to commit, especially those of the 6th and 9th commandments.

Recently, I was attacked on Facebook by a purportedly-traditional woman for a blog I wrote about Attending Ex-Catholics’ “Weddings.” One woman named Jeri decided to defend me. Her words were very encouraging, but also very interesting: “What’s crazy is that he does site the magisterium on the list of ways we can commit a mortal sin. Has no one ever seen this list before? This list is not part of the Church of Dave. The fact that Fr. Dave Nix was the one pointing this out, does not make it any less true. Truth is truth, no matter who is speaking it. It’s literally NOT an opinion.”

I really like that: I am not promoting the “Church of Dave.” I am promoting the Magisterium. As she said: “Truth is truth, no matter who is speaking it.” But people are getting very desperate to attack me because I reflect their once-functioning consciences and the perennial teachings of all the Catholic saints, virgins, martyrs, old-school Popes and Desert Fathers.

Years ago, when I was last in parish ministry, I once said in an in-person meeting to my Archbishop investigating verbal-complaints against me: “You know the old line It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it?” I think he quietly grunted “Yes.” I then said, “Well, for me, it really is what I say, because they way I say it is really nicely.” In other words, my assertion to my Archbishop was this: My enemies don’t actually think I’m mean. They hate the fact that I am teaching Apostolic Catholicism, which they have already rejected. It’s the content I was (and currently am) rejected for, not the medium. (I’m not in parish-life much anymore, but I’m still a priest in good standing, as seen here.)

Continued below.