Why am I tempted so much visually?

ReadySweatyGo

Jul 17, 2011
✟15,111.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
When I see a beautiful female body I have to look away before lustful thoughts enter my mind. Dude I can't even look at women. Going to the beach is like walking through a minefield for me.
I know a friend who usually only gets bothered if he sees two people doing something, like making out in public, but for me it's when I see any nice body, it really dosen't even matter how much clothes are on it.
I'm pretty good at avoiding eye contact with bodies or blanking my mind out when I do, but I can't look at women therefore it's a terrible coping mechanism (can't live life like this).
So I win and lose in the end.
Help me separate sexuality from the beauty of the human body.

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I see a beautiful female body I have to look away before lustful thoughts enter my mind. Dude I can't even look at women. Going to the beach is like walking through a minefield for me.
I know a friend who usually only gets bothered if he sees two people doing something, like making out in public, but for me it's when I see any nice body, it really dosen't even matter how much clothes are on it.
I'm pretty good at avoiding eye contact with bodies or blanking my mind out when I do, but I can't look at women therefore it's a terrible coping mechanism (can't live life like this).
It's a hormone response from light bouncing off skin/fabric into the eyes. It is what you do with those thoughts that matters. You say you feel a little insecure with your thoughts, I think that is natural but if your mind starts to fantasize then I think it might be bad. Many attractive people actually put effort into enhancing their beauty so I don't think you need to hang your head in shame. This is something you need to pray to Jesus about, He is the one who can renew your heart and mind.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You are normal, not depraved. Appreciation of the beauty of the human body is honourable. And, sexual maturity means that the opposite sex does become attractive and even sexually stimulating. Sexual purity is not about denying one's sexuality, but containing it within appropriate moral guidelines and boundaries.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

LWB

Jan 28, 2011
Brisbane
✟16,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just like all other sexually reproducing organisms, we have an instinct to procreate. Humans seek visual cues when it comes to finding a fertile mate. Many other mammals depend upon scent, so lust of the eyes wouldn't be a problem for them. Their puritans would be giving them a hard time about lust of the nose.

When a male is 'lusting' after a woman, he is really assessing her fitness for childbirth. He is particularly looking for adequate mammary glands and a good supply of body fat, which tends to accumulate on certain curvaceous areas. The male performs this assessment on all available females.

Anthropologically accustomed to rare encounters with unfamiliar fertile females, the beach side bounty the modern male has to contend with is outside his ability to cope. Even men without the slightest scruple can be overwhelmed with the sight.

You are this way because you were designed to be. By assessing fertile females you are simply performing a rudimentary biological impulse.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Youth, beauty, intelligence and wisdom are qualities that Jesus own and by accepting him, those qualities become permament to all believers when Jesus returns sometime in the future - to transform our earthly-born bodies to glorious supernaturally perfect minds and bodies.:*:. Even those who have accepted Jesus were once serious criminal offenders such as gangsters and shoplifters for most of their lives. Sexual desire is only a temporary feeling compared to the spiritual desire of eternal joy that never weakens or fades to nothing when our minds are the same as Jesus who never forgets anyone he meets during his whole life. I believe if Adam and Eve remained obedient by ignoring Satan's apple-eating request, we would never experience sexual desire and God would have continued with his adult-producing dust creation without the baby pregnancy of women through male intercourse. Praise our Lord he is already victorious over Satan.:*:. Our future yet-to-be born Christians from Christian couples will continue to spread the gospel until Jesus returns.:*:.
:liturgy:
:cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That is how God made many normal men. Welcome to the joys of being a man. If you accept it without giving in to base thinking then you will be fine. If you entertain those errant thoughts then it can lead to things like inappropriate content use. So be mindful of which thoughts you encourage into actions.

Upvote 0

Maremma

Feb 1, 2011
✟15,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can retrain some of your initial thoughts when seeing females so that they will not lead to sinful thoughts and actions next. It takes practice but I know men that have mastered this.

They will think of something totally irrelevant to sexual responses before they encounter any females and then when they do see one and the sexual response is activated they will deter their thoughts from becoming sinful by "wondering" about the nonsexual things they chose beforehand to focus on.

Like one guy said he asks himself "I wonder what kind of job she works at and sees her cleaning toilets (because that is a turnoff" for him specifically) He remains focused on those thoughts until the next thing comes along to think about making him "forget" about her altogether.

Another guy sees her as smoking because that is a huge turnoff to him. Whatever is your "turnoff" is what you personally would use to help you not go from appreciating her beauty to something sinful.

Another guy says he envisions her and him sitting at the foot of Christ, listening to Him teach and that is the only thing that works for him to "clean up his thoughts real fast".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

briareos

Mar 11, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

As you live for Jesus, stay in his word, prayer and around him and the way you live changes, the way you think, the way you react changes over time. Give it time and the way you think, desire, act, react will change and it won't be so hard anymore. Living for God will become more natural.

The habit of sin goes away the longer you stay away from it. But yes, the bible says the eyes are the lamp of the body or soul, they let light into the body and if darkness comes into the body through the eyes the body becomes full of darkness. You do need to watch what you look at, the eyes are an opening for light or darkness to enter your being.

Upvote 0