East Coast
✟23,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, I'll just stick with the Looking part.

Here's a Cobalt that I cut for a social media associate and sent it to her for free.

This is her unboxing video that she made for me cuz I wanted to hear her reaction since she'd never seen a precision cut gem and she was curious about the Cobalt color.

Cobalt Spinel Unboxing - Streamable

You'll have to expand the video to full-screen to see it clearly.

The Cobalt is a very unique color when cut in a 4-fold design. It's optical performance is equally unique as it's dispersion flashes vivid RED in white light or sunlight. It's color slightly changes in fluorescent light to a deep sapphire blue. It's really an amazing gem, but it's definitely not for everyone.

In sunlight or white light it almost appears to be radioactive! I sometimes refer to it as blue Kryptonite.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shek

Apr 30, 2018
East Coast
✟23,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
For peeps that cannot afford a diamond but want a suitable substitute that will perform like a diamond....here ya go!

This link below is to a proven and verifiable source for high-quality Moissanite.

DEFG White moissanite, DEFG White moissanite direct from Wuzhou Tianyu Gems Co., Ltd. in China (Mainland)

Navigating Alibaba can be a pain, but if you need help...just ask.

You'll have to be careful when buying loose stones though because you'll need to know exactly which cuts work best for your desired shape. If you don't know, you can ask me or the rep assisting you at Tianyu. They can also provide videos for you so that you'll know exactly how each cut will perform optically. The best results, if you're wanting a round gem, is going to be a Hearts & Arrows cut. This will give you the best optical performance and the most dispersion (rainbow flashes).

Here's the various shapes that they offer (scroll down, bottom half of page shows the designs):

Wuzhou Tianyu Gems Co., Ltd. - cutting and processing

Moissanite outperforms diamond optically, but they can appear to be overkill in large sizes so I recommend staying below 3 carats.

Tianyu also offers mass-produced jewelry on the cheap as well, but keep in mind...cheap might not be long-lasting. While there have been previous examples shown on other forums to be of excellent quality jewelry, the long-term durability of the precious metals is unknown. But if you're looking for just a loose Moissanite, this is where you'll want to be. Tianyu Moissanite will outperform Charles & Colvard and/or MoissaniteCo. So save a fortune and buy direct, say goodbye to paying retail!

Here's a fairly recent stock image showing round shapes, their details and prices.

dghnmZa.jpg

Gem type.......Cut Design......Size mm....Clarity.....Color....#in Stock....Price per stone

When was the last time that you saw a D/E/F color, VVS clarity, 6.5mm, 1.00ct, Moissanite for under $75? Your response will probably be "never" if you're a Moissanite lover. That's because Tianyu is a wholesale source and you'd be buying the stone directly from the manufacturer and NOT a greedy jeweler.

Upvote 0

Shek

Apr 30, 2018
East Coast
✟23,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
The cut you used, I believe is the best there is.

If you're referring to "precision cut", you are correct.

However, precision cutting is NOT common and can only be done on a precision faceting machine by a gem artist.

Here's a visual reference of the difference between what you'd normally find in a jewelry store versus a custom cut on a precision machine.

It doesn't get any better than precision cutting and polishing.

A precision cut gem will significantly outperform any commercially cut gem.

Upvote 0

Shek

Apr 30, 2018
East Coast
✟23,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Next disclosure...wholesale Tanzanite prices in the top 3 most expensive colors (7/2017).

Retail is going to be 2-5 times more per carat. This factory in India is a wholesale source and their prices are based on current market value. Tanzanite is a popular and inexpensive alternative to buying similar color sapphire.

AAA & AAA+ are the most expensive and have the richest color.

But Tanzanite can be a risky purchase because the gem itself is very brittle and relatively soft Moh's (6.5 - 7.0) and is only slightly harder than plate glass. Tanzanite is NOT a good gem to use in rings that would be worn on a daily basis. The gem can be damaged relatively easy and can shatter or crack if impacted.

Tanzanite is best suited for earring or pendants, rings carry a high-risk of damage and you'll need to be careful if you intend on setting it in a ring.

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's very pretty.

Got any close-up images of it? Would love to see the detailed work on it.

You would have to check Gold N Designs - Home the people who actually made it.
They use to show how they did it years ago.

Upvote 0

Shek

Apr 30, 2018
East Coast
✟23,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Here's comes strictly EYE-CANDY!

This next wholesale source supplies gem cutters all over the world. He's one of the most well-known rough gem suppliers on the planet.

So for those of you that have never seen facet grade gem rough, you're in for a treat!'

Farooq Hashmi (@intimategems) • Instagram photos and videos

This next video is one of my personal favorites to cut.

The color is a very rare intense wintergreen and the size of this rough piece is just HUGE for this species.

Farooq Hashmi on Instagram: “2.5 Gram Mirerani Mint Grossular Garnet Faceting Rough from Tanzania! #mirerani #mintgarnet #grossular #garnet #facetingrough #mint…”

2.5 grams = 12.50 carats.

This is Meralani Mint Garnet. It produces a what can only be described as a wintergreen diamond. The color is nothing short of awe-striking and produces a truly stunning and unique gem. It's a very rare type of green garnet that's only found in one place, the Meralani foot hills in Tanzania. The same place where Tanzanite is mined. But this species of green garnet is 10 times more valuable and can run $1000's per carat for large gems.

The ladies are gonna love this color, a very rare shade of Tourmaline.

Farooq Hashmi on Instagram: “#Crystopia! Electric Neon Mint #laghman #afghanistan #tourmaline #xtal #facetrough lot! #intimategems, #facetingrough, #facetinginappropriate content,…”

The next links will show Farooq's archives of sold parcels dating back nearly 20 years.

You could spend DAYS in here just oogling everything....and it will give you a much better idea of how much rough gems cost in large parcels within the last decade. To view the lots, just click on the thumbnail image.

Mine Direct Facet and Cab Rough - Sold Items!

Mine Direct Facet and Cab Rough - Sold Items from Pakistan!

Any of the lot prices that you see in these sold archives do not represent current market values.

Here's a great example of how much some species of gems have increased in value just in the last decade.

Mine Direct Top Tajikistan Tajik Hot Pink, Bubblegum Pink, Fuchsia Pink to Electric Neon Pink Spinel Facet Rough! Hot Lot!

I had the opportunity to buy this lot, think it was back in 2006. If a similar lot of this material were offered now, it would be 2-3 times more expensive.

Anyways...enjoy surfing his archives, you'll just have a hay-day in there cuz it's a gem cutter's paradise!

Upvote 0

Shek

Apr 30, 2018
East Coast
✟23,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Last edited:
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This might change your mind ...a little?

qqhnLgn13DNGgNp03rZurJBWsWqucoJNDua4oGMNPVI.png

This is a CVD diamond IGI Report from an Indian dealer.

If this were a natural diamond it would be priced around $15K.

But because it's a CVD diamond, the dealer offering it had it priced at $3K.

CVD synthetic diamonds are also going to be part of this disclosure.

I'd heard about this about 15 years ago.
Thanks for posting this -- I've been wondering whatever happened to this technique.
Growing a diamond -- it seems impossible...

Reactions: Shek
Upvote 0

Shek

Apr 30, 2018
East Coast
✟23,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'd heard about this about 15 years ago.
Thanks for posting this -- I've been wondering whatever happened to this technique.
Growing a diamond -- it seems impossible...

The technology is advancing rapidly and is causing serious damage to the natural diamond markets as I type. CVD diamond poses a very real threat to the natural diamond trade and the ultra-wealthy are having a coronary!

CVD and HPHT diamond is going to crash the diamond market in the next decade and will eventually take over which will cause natural diamond values to plummet. Great news for new buyers, but bad news for anyone that owns a natural diamond already or is preparing to purchase one.

The arguments that natural diamond traders present is to show market prices increasing every year, but what they won't tell you is what they fear the most. That if nobody's buying natural diamonds anymore, then it won't matter what price they put on it....it'll be worth $0 if nobody buys it.

Russia made a fairly recent quantum leap in HPHT (High Pressure High Temperature) diamond and is posed to dominate this side of the synthetic diamond market. They grew a record-setting 32.26ct, E color, VS1, rough diamond in only 300 hours (13 days).

At 10.02ct finished weight, that's an outstanding yield. The rough was likely cut into smaller pieces using a green laser and produced smaller siblings. But if a monster diamond can be produced this quickly (only 13 days), then the natural diamond market is a world of hurt.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The technology is advancing rapidly and is causing serious damage to the natural diamond markets as I type. CVD diamond poses a very real threat to the natural diamond trade and the ultra-wealthy are having a coronary!

CVD and HPHT diamond is going to crash the diamond market in the next decade and will eventually take over which will cause natural diamond values to plummet. Great news for new buyers, but bad news for anyone that owns a natural diamond already or is preparing to purchase one.

The arguments that natural diamond traders present is to show market prices increasing every year, but what they won't tell you is what they fear the most. That if nobody's buying natural diamonds anymore, then it won't matter what price they put on it....it'll be worth $0 if nobody buys it.

Russia made a fairly recent quantum leap in HPHT (High Pressure High Temperature) diamond and is posed to dominate this side of the synthetic diamond market. They grew a record-setting 32.26ct, E color, VS1, rough diamond in only 300 hours (13 days).

At 10.02ct finished weight, that's an outstanding yield. The rough was likely cut into smaller pieces using a green laser and produced smaller siblings. But if a monster diamond can be produced this quickly (only 13 days), then the natural diamond market is a world of hurt.
For me personally, the diamond is NOT a status symbol.
I truly like the look of it, how it shines, how it looks under those fluorescent lights when I go to get the milk carton in the supermarket! What can I say?
Hope I'm still around 10 years from now!

• Agree
Upvote 0

Shek

Apr 30, 2018
East Coast
✟23,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Rough HPHT melee diamond...

yVZfCXP.jpg

This is a large bag of HPHT diamond crystals that were made in China.

They're all D/E/F color, VS-VVS clarity.

These stones are intended to be cut into melee diamonds. Melee are the tiny diamonds that are used for accent stones in jewelry...like my honey's engagement ring.

The price per carat for these is $40/ct (current wholesale price as of 2017)

Once cut into their desired shapes, this bag would be rounds, the price per carat increases. Cutting a diamond significantly increases it's cost simply because they're very difficult to cut and polish and the labor costs are higher.

Here's a cutting factory in India (Hiraco) and their wholesale prices on cut melee.

U9q7OwT.jpg

s59leCE.jpg

To make these spreadsheet more clear for the lay-person....

The top row in the Collection box is their best quality. So to explain how to read these spreadsheets, I will define the collection row.

Melee diamonds are purchased in large lots simply because jewelry manufacturers require large amounts. My honey's ring alone has 80 melee diamonds ranging from 1.3mm to 2.2mm

Top sheet

Collection (white diamonds).....clarity of lot.....price per carat for G/H or E/F/G color.....mixed lot of millimeter sizes shown above.

Bottom sheet

Collection (white diamonds).....clarity of lot.....price per carat for D/E/F color.....mixed lot of millimeter sizes shown above.

The other rows show different types of diamonds. Some of you may be wondering "What are natts diamonds?"

Natts are technically industrial-grade diamonds that would normally be crushed and used for industrial purposes. But in recent years, jewelers have come up with new and creative ways to fool buyers into thinking that they're buying something of value when in fact...you're being robbed!

These are Natts...also known as Salt 'n' Pepper diamonds.

WHITE_NATTS_SLICE1CT_4.jpg

The black inclusions are non-crystallized carbon.

While some people consider these to be beautiful and desirable, they're quite literally trash and are worth pretty much nothing.

The carbon inclusions significantly weaken the strength of the diamond itself and pose a very high risk for chipping, cracking or shattering. These are not jewelry-grade diamonds, but there's an awful lot of jewelers that bamboozle unsuspecting buyers into buying them.

Just one of many fraudulent and deceptive practices that have become commonplace in the gems and jewelry trade.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shek

Apr 30, 2018
East Coast
✟23,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
I live here now and cannot afford the real stuff anymore and anyway I've been ruined forever by having access to good jewelry prices.

How does this grab you?

JWJOOTZ.jpg

The ring was custom made using a special alloy of Gold and Palladium.

Cost of the ring and setting the center = $600

The center stone is a 7.0mm, 1.25ct, D color, VVS, Tianyu H & A cut Moissanite.

Cost of the stone delivered to the owner's front door via express mail = $154

This is my associate's ring, the lady that I cut the Cobalt for shown in a previous post. She's now a Tianyu Moissanite addict and has had at least 6 custom pieces made in the last 6-8 months. This one above was her first....

Not bad for a custom made ring at $750 complete.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shek

Apr 30, 2018
East Coast
✟23,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Direct natural Sapphire source disclosure, here comes the eye-candy!

Srilankan Sapphires Ltd (@srilankansapphires) • Instagram photos and videos

This is the Sri Lankan dealer that was offering the $8K vivid peacock blue.

He's a large and very well-established gem dealer and everything he sells in the real McCoy.

You can opt for a gem certification, laboratory of your choice, by request.

If you like colored precious gems as much as I do, this is where you'll want to be!

You'll save an enormous fortune by buying directly from the source.

I will follow-up with more direct Sri Lankan dealers in future posts.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does this grab you?

JWJOOTZ.jpg

The ring was custom made using a special alloy of Gold and Palladium.

Cost of the ring and setting the center = $600

The center stone is a 7.0mm, 1.25ct, D color, VVS, Tianyu H & A cut Moissanite.

Cost of the stone delivered to the owner's front door via express mail = $154

My associate that I cut the Cobalt for is now a Tianyu Moissanite addict. She's had at least 6 custom pieces made in the last 6 months. This one above was her first....

Not bad for a custom made ring at $750 complete.
I've already looked into the site that features the moissanite.
Tianyu.

I'm mulling over some options.
I don't really care for a channel setting because I think it keeps out some light and unless it's a real diamond, you lose a lot.
Getting a setting here is expensive so it may not be worth getting just the stone.

th

Thinking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shek

Apr 30, 2018
East Coast
✟23,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't really care for a channel setting because I think it keeps out some light and unless it's a real diamond, you lose a lot.

The above ring is a bezel setting, though I'm unsure if it's an open gallery?

Your concern being expressed would indicate a very poorly cut gem if light is leaking out of the pavilion.

I'll explain more in another post on how a faceted gem works so you can shop with more confidence. :)

Getting a setting here is expensive so it may not be worth getting just the stone.

th

Thinking.

She's had all of her rings made by a well-known LA jeweler. She lives on the east coast like me so you don't have to worry about being out of state....he does high-quality work at a fair price.

David Klass Jewelry (@davidklassjewelry) • Instagram photos and videos

One of my favorite designs of his...

David Klass Jewelry on Instagram: “Diamond Sapphire Ring #diamond #sapphire #love #finejewelry #wedding #weddinginspiration #bride #custom #jewelry #jewellerygram…”

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The above ring is a bezel setting, though I'm unsure if it's an open gallery?

Your concern being expressed would indicate a very poorly cut gem if light is leaking out of the pavilion.

I'll explain more in another post on how a faceted gem works so you can shop with more confidence. :)

She's had all of her rings made by a well-known LA jeweler. She lives on the east coast like me so you don't have to worry about being out of state....he does high-quality work at a fair price.

David Klass Jewelry (@davidklassjewelry) • Instagram photos and videos

One of my favorite designs of his...

David Klass Jewelry on Instagram: “Diamond Sapphire Ring #diamond #sapphire #love #finejewelry #wedding #weddinginspiration #bride #custom #jewelry #jewellerygram…”
Oh my!!!!
You're bad for me.
Bad
Bad
Bad
!!

Upvote 0