Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God created us for happiness in this life and the life to come. He wants us to know Him, love Him, and serve Him. At Baptism, our parents typically profess the Creed on our behalf. At every Mass, our profession of the Creed renews our Baptismal promises. The Ten Commandments, fulfilled in Jesus, is the roadmap to glory. Prayer and the Sacraments provide the spiritual nourishment for the journey. God provides all the necessary armor. But will we go to heaven?

God is not unlike the father in the Parable of the Two Sons (cf. Mt. 21:28-32). The first son said he wouldn’t go but went to work anyway. He is like the unbeliever who nevertheless obeys the dictates of his conscience. The second son promises to work the vineyard as Dad instructed but doesn’t. He is like a Christian who professes the Creed and then ignores God’s words. Jesus them: “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.” (Mt. 21:31)

God created us in His image. The soul includes the faculties of the intellect and free will. We delight in truth, detest lies, and choose the good – real or illusory. (The bank robber Willie Sutton explained, “I rob banks because that’s where the money is.”) A good memory helps our thinking. A healthy imagination enables us to preview the consequences of our choices. Conscience is the voice of God and informs our thinking and choices. Emotions have bodily and spiritual effects. As embodied spirits, our bodies manifest our souls. The Resurrection of the Dead on the Last Day confirms the natural unity of body and soul.

Continued below.

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
God created us for happiness in this life and the life to come. He wants us to know Him, love Him, and serve Him. At Baptism, our parents typically profess the Creed on our behalf. At every Mass, our profession of the Creed renews our Baptismal promises. The Ten Commandments, fulfilled in Jesus, is the roadmap to glory. Prayer and the Sacraments provide the spiritual nourishment for the journey. God provides all the necessary armor. But will we go to heaven?

God is not unlike the father in the Parable of the Two Sons (cf. Mt. 21:28-32). The first son said he wouldn’t go but went to work anyway. He is like the unbeliever who nevertheless obeys the dictates of his conscience. The second son promises to work the vineyard as Dad instructed but doesn’t. He is like a Christian who professes the Creed and then ignores God’s words. Jesus them: “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.” (Mt. 21:31)

God created us in His image. The soul includes the faculties of the intellect and free will. We delight in truth, detest lies, and choose the good – real or illusory. (The bank robber Willie Sutton explained, “I rob banks because that’s where the money is.”) A good memory helps our thinking. A healthy imagination enables us to preview the consequences of our choices. Conscience is the voice of God and informs our thinking and choices. Emotions have bodily and spiritual effects. As embodied spirits, our bodies manifest our souls. The Resurrection of the Dead on the Last Day confirms the natural unity of body and soul.

Continued below.
I am not sure what "heaven" means to Catholics; to me it means, the abode of God, which is/will be, in the New Jerusalem which is coming to earth. The question should be, will we go to the New Jerusalem. Yes, we will either be in the New Jerusalem or else surrounding it along with Gog and his armies.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I am not sure what "heaven" means to Catholics; to me it means, the abode of God, which is/will be, in the New Jerusalem which is coming to earth. The question should be, will we go to the New Jerusalem. Yes, we will either be in the New Jerusalem or else surrounding it along with Gog and his armies.
From a Catholic perspective, heaven is union with God. Being in his presence and seeing his face for all eternity.

Upvote 0